DC - Former President Donald Trump indicted, 4 federal counts in 2020 election interference, 1 Aug 2023, Trial 4 Mar 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree. But then the current government needs to work toward tightening up the Constitution, but is there even a hint that they are working in that direction? I hear crickets.

I think some of these Supreme Court rulings have caught legislators by surprise. In nearly 250 years as a country, there's never been this much of a problem dealing with a corrupt elected official, particularly a POTUS. Times certainly have changed. It's a laundry list of recent Supreme Court rulings that need to be reversed or changed, starting with describing the instances for criminal prosecution of a sitting POTUS. I've heard some experts say it can be further refined in lower court rulings. Others have issued a call for a Constitutional Amendment. Others in Congress have introduced a bill to impeach members of the Supreme Court.

Last edited:
"Exclusive: ex-president prepares to shut down possibility of high-profile officials testifying at evidentiary hearings

Donald Trump is expected to launch a new legal battle to suppress any damaging evidence from his 2020 election-subversion case from becoming public before the 2024 election, preparing to shut down the potency of any “mini-trials” where high-profile officials could testify against him.

Trump’s lawyers are expected to argue that the judge can decide whether the conduct is immune based on legal arguments alone, negating the need for witnesses or multiple evidentiary hearings

The plans, which have not been previously reported, are aimed at having the triple effect of burying damaging testimony, making it harder for prosecutors to overcome the presumptive immunity for official acts, and injecting new delay into the case through protracted legal fights.

Trump’s lawyers are not expected to make any moves until the start of August .... "

Trump plans to block hearings in January 6 case before 2024 election

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back