DC - Former President Donald Trump indicted, 4 federal counts in 2020 election interference, 1 Aug 2023, Trial 4 Mar 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm certain that no matter how many times it is linked, there are those who simply will not read it which is too bad because they might actually gain some knowledge.

Question regarding pardons: If Georgia brings forth an idictment based upon the election interferance he attempted (we have recordings of this brazen attempt) in that state trying to illegaly convince them to "find him the number of votes required to win" ... I'm pretty certain he can't pardon himself for State crimes he may be convicted (possibly jailed) for if convicted. True?
Correct. A president cannot issue pardons for state crimes.

However, Georgia has a Board of Pardons and Paroles that can issue a pardon in the state, fwiw.

jmo

What struck me as I read the indictment was that it was just a handful of men in the pivotal states who refused to participate in the various schemes to throw a monkey wrench into the counting of electoral votes on Jan. 6. They stood up to the President and his representatives on the side of the constitution and the law. Most of them were Trump supporters, but they took their oaths of office seriously. The indictment is worth reading, if only to see how close this country came to putting Trump back in office illegitimately. Just a few good men made the difference. JMO

The indictment is worth reading, if only to see how close this country came to putting Trump back in office illegitimately. Just a few good men made the difference. JMO

RSBM:

Their honesty and integrity indeed made the difference: Just a few good men refused to disenfranchise millions of voters. They should be commended when this is all said and done.

Prosecutors always present to the grand jury. That is how it works and it's not unique to this case.

At trial, the defense makes their case, but in the grand jury, it's only the prosecutor....for every case that goes to grand jury. imo

It's not political, it's the legal system as specified by our law. imo

jmo
I think that's what I've been saying about the grand jury process.

I do think it's possible that the justice system can be used as a political weapon and feel that is what is happening in this case.

JMO.

What struck me as I read the indictment was that it was just a handful of men in the pivotal states who refused to participate in the various schemes to throw a monkey wrench into the counting of electoral votes on Jan. 6. They stood up to the President and his representatives on the side of the constitution and the law. Most of them were Trump supporters, but they took their oaths of office seriously. The indictment is worth reading, if only to see how close this country came to putting Trump back in office illegitimately. Just a few good men made the difference. JMO

I wonder if that's because they had something to lose? Going to jail for Trump.. not a good idea. At some point, they must have had to decide, let's see.. I can continue to be anti-authoritarian and release all this opposition defiance ooor, I can continue to get my paycheck.

I hesitate to see them as "good." I felt good was when those of us recognized the vast amount of vitriol categories of people were facing, as they were sent back home, put in cages, dehumanized, used as political tools, facing a lifetime of needing therapy and likely not receiving it, for whatever* the policy (removal) he enacted by just his first few days in office alone!

Could it have been worse? Then that means we need to hold them responsible by reducing the gerrymandering, for starters. It's a failure of professional behavior for a long time now. If Facebook and Twitter can be held responsible for hate speech swaying a nation, then that's likely the precursor for why they kept themselves in check.

WE DID THAT.

I do think it's possible that the justice system can be used as a political weapon and feel that is what is happening in this case.

JMO.
What would an alternative process be, other than using the grand jury to indict crimes?

jmo

I hope Mr Trump has carefully read the indictment. And I hope anyone joining this discussion has read it. IMO No one who hasn’t read the indictment should participate in this discussion. I would welcome hearing from those arguing for Trump that they have actually read the entire indictment and not just summaries in news articles. If not, why not? If you have read it, thank you and carry on. :)
I have read the indictment. I think that experts who explain certain weakness's in the prosecutions case have a place in the discussion.

JMO.

What would an alternative process be, other than using the grand jury to indict crimes?

jmo
If there's no crime then nothing should be done by the justice system.

The correct process is using the ballot box. JMO.

JMO.
It is currently being utilized to demonstrate that "no one man is above the law".

IE: The justice system, in this case, is being used as set out by the founders and as intended.

After a campaign stump speech at the Indiana State Fair on Wednesday, Pence criticized Trump's "reckless assertion" that a vice president had the power to overturn election results and said he was surrounded by "a group of crackpot lawyers who kept telling him what his itching ears wanted to hear."

Pence reiterated a statement he made the night before, in response to the federal indictment of Trump: that "anyone who puts himself over the Constitution should never be president of the United States."

About an hour after Pence wrapped up his press conference Wednesday, Trump took to Truth Social to issue his retort.

"I feel badly for Mike Pence, who is attracting no crowds, enthusiasm, or loyalty from people who, as a member of the Trump Administration, should be loving him," Trump wrote. "He didn’t fight against Election Fraud, which we will now be easily able to prove based on the most recent Fake Indictment & information which will have to be made available to us, finally ― a really BIG deal. The V.P. had power that Mike didn’t understand, but after the Election, the RINOS & Dems changed the law, taking that power away!"

I wonder if that's because they had something to lose? Going to jail for Trump.. not a good idea. At some point, they must have had to decide, let's see.. I can continue to be anti-authoritarian and release all this opposition defiance ooor, I can continue to get my paycheck.

I hesitate to see them as "good." I felt good was when those of us recognized the vast amount of vitriol categories of people were facing, as they were sent back home, put in cages, dehumanized, used as political tools, facing a lifetime of needing therapy and likely not receiving it, for whatever* the policy (removal) he enacted by just his first few days in office alone!

Could it have been worse? Then that means we need to hold them responsible by reducing the gerrymandering, for starters. It's a failure of professional behavior for a long time now. If Facebook and Twitter can be held responsible for hate speech swaying a nation, then that's likely the precursor for why they kept themselves in check.

WE DID THAT.
In addition to being honorable to their office and to the country, and also to avoid jail time themselves, perhaps some were considering legacy. The name Benedict Arnold is infamous. So is the name Nixon. Who would want to be remembered like that, when it can be avoided by being a responsible person following the laws of our nation.

jmo

If there's no crime then nothing should be done by the justice system.

The correct process is using the ballot box. JMO.
What criminal actions are you alledging didn't happen?

Isn't that what trials are for determining? You don't think that 45 deserves a trial(s) for the alleged criminal activities that he's charged with committing?

What criminal actions are you alledging didn't happen?

Isn't that what trials are for determining? You don't think that 45 deserves a trial(s) for the alleged criminal activities that he's charged with committing?
A trial would be demanded by those against holding Trump to account, if the person was a Democrat.

I hate to be bearer of bad news, but these indictments are based on the behavior of Donald Trump- it is clear you believe otherwise- He is doing great at the polls but remember there was supposed to be a red wave at the last election according to the polls---- I believe the majority of Americans, Republicans and Democrats do not want a thrice indicted (soon to be a four time indicted) ex president as their next president. Please remember this: where there's smoke there is fire!
Well I did post a poll which shows Trump's lead in the polls went up with Republicans after the indictments.

Will he stay in the lead? Time will tell.

JMO.

After a campaign stump speech at the Indiana State Fair on Wednesday, Pence criticized Trump's "reckless assertion" that a vice president had the power to overturn election results and said he was surrounded by "a group of crackpot lawyers who kept telling him what his itching ears wanted to hear."

Pence reiterated a statement he made the night before, in response to the federal indictment of Trump: that "anyone who puts himself over the Constitution should never be president of the United States."

About an hour after Pence wrapped up his press conference Wednesday, Trump took to Truth Social to issue his retort.

"I feel badly for Mike Pence, who is attracting no crowds, enthusiasm, or loyalty from people who, as a member of the Trump Administration, should be loving him," Trump wrote. "He didn’t fight against Election Fraud, which we will now be easily able to prove based on the most recent Fake Indictment & information which will have to be made available to us, finally ― a really BIG deal. The V.P. had power that Mike didn’t understand, but after the Election, the RINOS & Dems changed the law, taking that power away!"

With a client like that, Trump's lawyers earn every penny they won't be paid. imo

jmo

If there is no crime, yes, nothing should be done. 100% agree!

That is not the case here.

p.s. Yes, vote!
I think that Trump's future will be determined at the ballot box before a trial on this case happens. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RMN0406