DC - Justina gets standing ovation from Congress

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Did Justina have some sort of infection after her most recent surgery? A poster asked about it on the Facebook page, and Jen did not deny it. She simply said that Justina was doing better and that she would update soon. Justin's surgery was on or around July. 20th - 9 weeks ago. There has been no word what the surgery was or if it was successful.

Did Justina have some sort of infection after her most recent surgery? A poster asked about it on the Facebook page, and Jen did not deny it. She simply said that Justina was doing better and that she would update soon. Justin's surgery was on or around July. 20th - 9 weeks ago. There has been no word what the surgery was or if it was successful.

Good question! I have seen no details on what kind or surgery it was on the Miracle site or anywhere on the web, or news about any adverse effects, such as an infection. And did you notice she is still using an NG tube, after all this time? Reading the Miracle site these days is like stepping into Bizarro World: lots of fervent, incoherent posts about other "kidnapping" cases, invective about doctors and hospitals and the same Groundhog Day-like responses from the Pelletier sisters: "she's recovering," "it's a long process," will update soon (soon apparently means never) and other content-free statements of that type. I'd give a lot to know what is REALLY going on with that poor kid.

I did notice the NG tube. Unless she is only wearing it for photo ops, I imagine that her nose and throat are getting really sore, irritated, eroded, and scarred by now. The risk of infection with an NG tube in place for 9+ months is very significant. Perhaps that was the infection the poster was referring to?

I did notice the NG tube. Unless she is only wearing it for photo ops, I imagine that her nose and throat are getting really sore, irritated, eroded, and scarred by now. The risk of infection with an NG tube in place for 9+ months is very significant. Perhaps that was the infection the poster was referring to?

Could be. Hope not; as it sounds like that would be really painful and pretty gross. I went back to the site and saw the posting about the infection -- wish I knew what the source of that poster's question was. I'm also wondering what has become of the formerly adored Dr. Korson. The last time I googled his name, during the summer, I found nothing that indicated where he is now and what he is doing. Perhaps he went home to Canada?

News alert! The Miracle site posted today that Justina is not feeling well and is back in the hospital, but no other details as to where or why. Maybe goofing around with Rev. Mahoney was not such a good idea.

That post is followed by a long one by their friend Becky Rangel, pretty hysterical in tone and full of repetition of their version of the story, heaping blame on BCH, etc. It mentions that the freejustina site still is open for donations, and says she has taken a turn for the worse.
The responses are all very religious in tone, begging God for help (apparently all the previous prayers went unheard.) At least one really loony post addresses a Miss Marley and natters on about cooties -- that one drew a ???? from another supporter. I'll say.

So it sounds like something new and bad is going on. Poor kid.

More news from the Miracle site: Justina is now out of the hospital and back home in West Hartford. As usual, no details on which hospital it was or what was wrong or what lies ahead for Justina. Whatever it was, it took a week to deal with it.

New photo, Justina in Halloween costume.

And she is not using the NG tube. Perhaps the last hospitalization fixed some or all of her ongoing intestinal problems. It's nice to see her looking like a happy teenager.

A couple of new posts at Miracle. One is a link to a new Boston Globe article about Alice Newton which I will link here:

Pediatrician is at the center of storms on child abuse
Alice Newton’s work lauded, assailed

By Patricia Wen GLOBE STAFF NOVEMBER 04, 2015

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...n28Ni0EvoouJgesk5Z5I/story.html?event=event25

And, secondly the Miracle has a link to a WRKO Town Hall interview with her sister Jennifer who talks about Justina's current condition starting at about 13 minutes in.

http://media.wrko.com/device/mobile...-jennifer-pelletier-on-her-sister-justina.htm

A couple of new posts at Miracle. One is a link to a new Boston Globe article about Alice Newton which I will link here:

Pediatrician is at the center of storms on child abuse
Alice Newton’s work lauded, assailed

By Patricia Wen GLOBE STAFF NOVEMBER 04, 2015

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...n28Ni0EvoouJgesk5Z5I/story.html?event=event25

And, secondly the Miracle has a link to a WRKO Town Hall interview with her sister Jennifer who talks about Justina's current condition starting at about 13 minutes in.

http://media.wrko.com/device/mobile...-jennifer-pelletier-on-her-sister-justina.htm

I just listened, and it is a maddening interview. No mention that Justina could have left BCH a year sooner if the family had
not fought it. No mention that Justina had issues with walking BEFORE the BCH stay. Confusing statements: she cannot walk or stand by herself, but is doing horseback riding as therapy. New info: she is being treated by a chiropractor (???). had her gallbladder removed, which Jessica blames on BCH's supposed lack of treatment (not sure that is medically possible). She is back in school on a reduced basis. And she has had an ileostomy.
So basically it's the same old same old: Every that's wrong with Justina is BCH's fault, even if it happened before she ever went there or months/years after she left.

Very very sad.

The Miracle site also posted a fairly evenhanded Boston Globe profile of Dr. Alice Newton, the head of the Mass General's child-protection unit, who has been involved in some controversial cases. The Pelletier supporters' comments, of course, are not even-handed. One particularly vicious commenter calls Newton a ***** who should be thrown into a volcano with all the Muslims -- wow. No response from the Pelletiers, who should have deleted that one.
Newton may -- or may not -- have made some errors, but the commenters give her no credit for anything, making her out to be the devil incarnate. Which is no surprise to those of us who have been following this case all along.

Good question. Not sure if these notations mean case has been dismissed or the Pelletiers are just requesting a dismissal. Or what these, also dated 12/1, indicates: Objection to Debtor's Claim of Exemptions and Denying - Contested Matter Procedure.
Are there any Websleuthers with legal expertise who can explain???

Caveat: Although I am a lawyer, I'm not verified at WS and I have absolutely no bankruptcy experience. This is also tricky because it's a reprint of what's actually on the federal docket, and we're not seeing as much info as I think one would see if they had access to PACER. With the info provided there, it looks like a motion to dismiss, not an order by the court to dismiss. :twocents:

Caveat: Although I am a lawyer, I'm not verified at WS and I have absolutely no bankruptcy experience. This is also tricky because it's a reprint of what's actually on the federal docket, and we're not seeing as much info as I think one would see if they had access to PACER. With the info provided there, it looks like a motion to dismiss, not an order by the court to dismiss. :twocents:

Thanks for this info, AnaTeresa. IMO, you are right about it being a motion to dismiss, not a court order. The family and its lawyers have played the system for years with motions for delay and other obstructionist tactics in both the bankruptcy and foreclosure cases. Apparently they hope to keep this up forever.
Of even more interest, will they finally file the much-ballyhooed lawsuit against Boston Children's Hospital? My understanding is that they have only till mid-Feb of 2016 before time runs out. IMO, they won't file, because a trial would open up Justina's records to the public, which would not be good for the family, and also because they really do not have a case. But we shall see.

Justina appears now to be doing horse therapy.

It's certainly good that Justina is getting out, getting some exercise and having some fun. But I wonder how riding, or even just sitting, on a horse jibes with the family's claims that she has some kind of lower body paralysis.

Justina appears now to be doing horse therapy.
It's certainly good that Justina is getting out, getting some exercise and having some fun. But I wonder how riding, or even just sitting, on a horse jibes with the family's claims that she has some kind of lower body paralysis.
Horse - or Equine Therapy - can be very effective, even for severely disabled patients. It is professionally referred to as Hippotherapy, and also sometimes called Therapeutic Riding. IF Justina is getting this type of therapy from a certified therapist, any sitting, walking, or paralysis issues would be addressed. The stable where my child had this type of therapy, and later volunteered, does treat paralyzed children. They use a specialty saddle and harness to keep the paralyzed rider safely upright and secure. I can not tell from the pictures if Justina is using that type of saddle and harness or not. It struck me as a little odd that she has so many people hovering around her. That may be to cover up the saddle/harness, or it may be that everyone really wanted to be in the picture? (Of course, I don't believe that Justina is really truly paralyzed. I just think she refuses to walk. - Personal opinion.)

*ETA - There are several certified and non-certified Hippotherapy / Therapeutic Riding stables in the West Hertford area.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee
Back