DC - Justina gets standing ovation from Congress

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Look at the group (the one I linked to) not the community. They're two different ages.

Some of us have been saying for years that a lawsuit will not turn out well for the Pelletiers and will instead bring forward a lot of negative information about them and how they handled this whole mess. If this lawsuit goes forward, I guess we finally will see if that is true. What is indisputably true, however, is the gullibility (IMO) of their supporters, as shown by the comments to be found on this link supporting the Massachusetts man who hacked the BCH website, causing all sorts of problems for the hospital and families of patients. The Pelletier supporters perversely consider him a hero.

In the past, the Rev. Mahoney has consistently overblown the level of support for the family. It will be interesting to see how many folks actually show up on Thursday. I will let you all know if the local Hartford paper writes anything about this.

this update has been added to the initial Boston Globe report on the accused BCH hacker, Martin Gottesfeld...at the end of the article. Please note the final paragraph, that says the lawsuit has already been filed "last week," which might mean it was filed withing the time period allowed for such cases.

"Linda Pelletier did not comment directly Wednesday on Gottesfeld’s arrest. However, she said: “I’m not involved in the Anonymous group. I don’t know who they are or what they are.”

"Justina, 17, is improving but her progress is a long succession of “baby steps,” Linda Pelletier said. “I just don’t understand why this all happened.”

"Last week, Justina and her parents filed a malpractice lawsuit in Suffolk County Superior Court against Children’s Hospital Integrated Care Organization and four doctors who diagnosed or treated the teenager during her monthslong stay starting in the winter of 2013."

The suit was filed on 2/11/16 in SuffolkCounty Superior court. The plaintiffs are Justina, Lou and Linda. The defendants are Drs Peters, Bujourneau, Newton and Ryan as well as Children's Hospital.
http://www.masscourts.org/eservices...dMBTZCB2tdyCk7bXY3AZpKj2ERAPRlgzex7*cAm7fleaw
They filed within the 3 year statutory limit. I can't say I am surprised.

ETA: They amended the complaint on 2/16/16 and added a demand for a jury trial.

I will be fascinated to watch this case if it ever sees trial. Most medical malpractice suits are never heard in a courtroom.

The fact that they have filed suit does not say much about the merits of the case. It appears that they went with a small (5 attorney) practice that handles cases across multiple specialty areas. It is interesting to me that they have not shut down their social media presence and that of their surrogates (Mahoney, etc). I would think that would have been the first thing their attorney advised them to do.

I will be fascinated to watch this case if it ever sees trial. Most medical malpractice suits are never heard in a courtroom.

The fact that they have filed suit does not say much about the merits of the case. It appears that they went with a small (5 attorney) practice that handles cases across multiple specialty areas. It is interesting to me that they have not shut down their social media presence and that of their surrogates (Mahoney, etc). I would think that would have been the first thing their attorney advised them to do.

Thanks so much for this very interesting update. I cannot imagine why they would want a jury trial, if such a proceeding would make Justina's health files public. But trying to figure out the thought processes of this family and their legal advisors is beyond me. So far, their attempts to get a "Justina's Law" passed in Massachusetts and nationally have gone nowhere, suggesting to me that their legal strategy has been a bust. And far as I know, their foreclosure woes are still not resolved, either.

On the 'miracle' site a new post announces that the lawsuit will be announced and urges people to come out with signs.

Patrick Mahoney
February 18 at 2:45pm ·

On Thursday, February 25, at 11:00 A.M. we are having a news conference and public witness in front of Boston Children's Hospital announcing a major lawsuit against the hospital with Justina, the Pelletier's, her legal team and Rev. Mahoney.

On the 'miracle' site a new post announces that the lawsuit will be announced and urges people to come out with signs.

Patrick Mahoney
February 18 at 2:45pm ·

On Thursday, February 25, at 11:00 A.M. we are having a news conference and public witness in front of Boston Children's Hospital announcing a major lawsuit against the hospital with Justina, the Pelletier's, her legal team and Rev. Mahoney.

If the weather forecasts for this week are accurate, the heavens will not be smiling on this protest. It's supposed to pour on Thursday. Previous Justina protest events have never drawn the numbers of supporters that Mahoney has predicted, even in good weather.

Rev. Mahoney says that they're changing locations for the press conference this Thursday due to extreme weather. It will no longer be at Boston Children's Hospital. The new location is the MA Statehouse Rm. 437.

Rev. Mahoney says that they're changing locations for the press conference this Thursday due to extreme weather. It will no longer be at Boston Children's Hospital. The new location is the MA Statehouse Rm. 437.

I wonder how many people Room 437 holds? I guess it would be to the family's advantage if the room were small, so that it might appear packed, rather than a small group of supporters in a vast hall.
What is really chilling is to read the long list of comments on the Miracle page, many calling for the destruction of Children's Hospital and totally discounting all the good that doctors have done there for innumerable patients. These supporters are fixated on what the Pelletiers say happened there, with no proof that any of it actually happened as they describe it. Their remarks are really disturbing.

A Press Release From:

http://www.christiannewswire.com/news/4106177466.html

Justina Pelletier Sues Boston Children's Hospital and Alice Newton for Civil Rights Violations and Medical Malpractice
Contact: Rev. Patrick Mahoney, 540-*advertiser censored*-xxxx

BOSTON, Feb. 24, 2016 /Christian Newswire/ -- Justina, the Pelletier family and Justina's legal team will hold a news conference to discuss the lawsuit on Thursday, February 25, at 11:00 A.M.

The news conference will be held in the Massachusetts State House in room 437.

At the news conference, Justina Pelletier and her family will be sharing as well as members of her legal team.

Justina is being represented by the KJC Law Firm in Boston, Massachusetts.​

I am interested in their law firm and will research when I have time unless someone else wants to look into them.

This news conference is not listed as an event on the MA State House events calendar, nor is room 437 listed as a space available for rental. The State House detailed floor plan is not available on line and I could not find a directory that said exactly what room 437 was. However, it is down the hall from the office shared by Representatives Lombardo and Lyons who introduced the bill known as "Justina's Law". I suspect that it is a conference room. I am guessing, but in such an old building, the maximum capacity of the room is probably less than 50 people. Listed event spaces have capacity numbers ranging from 50 to 600 people.

I know if you take a tour of the State House, they require you to check large bags, back packs, etc. I wonder if security will allow people to bring in the signs that Rev Mahoney suggested people bring with them?

KJC Law Firm is Kathy Jo Cook and her husband Timothy Wilton and about 4 others.

She seems to have a decent reputation as an attorney. Mostly I was concerned about any ties to Mahoney's Christian Defense Coalition and/or Mat Staver's Liberty Counsel and I didn't see anything indicating a connection.

KJC Law Firm is Kathy Jo Cook and her husband Timothy Wilton and about 4 others.

She seems to have a decent reputation as an attorney. Mostly I was concerned about any ties to Mahoney's Christian Defense Coalition and/or Mat Staver's Liberty Counsel and I didn't see anything indicating a connection.

The bios of this firm's principles are remarkably un-right wing, a first for those representing the Pelletiers. KJC seems to have a lot of experience in medical malpractice and civil liberties cases. This will be interesting....

Per Rev Mahoney The press conference has now been moved to Beacon Street outside the State House building.

ETA I wonder if they were informed that using public funds (State House internal conference room and associated costs) to promote a private political issue (not "The People's" business) was a violation of StateHouse ethics rules? If they had actually been paying to rent public space, that would have been ok.

Here is the statement that BCH released today:
“
“Boston Children’s Hospital welcomes the opportunity to vigorously defend the medical care it provided to Justina Pelletier. We are committed to the best interests of our patients’ health and well-being, according to the high standards we follow for every patient placed in our care. Out of respect for the patient’s privacy and the ongoing legal process, Boston Children’s is unable to provide further comment about the specific issues of this case at this time.

Regarding general questions about religious and education services, Boston Children’s offers patients and families access to a broad complement of services that are outlined at http://www.childrenshospital.org/patient-resources/family-resources . Specifically, patients and their families have access to Boston Children’s multi-faith chaplaincy, which offers spiritual support 24 hours a day to people of all traditions and those with no religious affiliation to assist and support our patients and their families. Boston Children’s also offers educational tutoring for all eligible patients, with a full time teacher on staff to provide ongoing education as appropriate for each individual patient.

Boston Children’s and its providers are required by state law to report cases of suspected child maltreatment to the Department of Children and Families (DCF). DCF is solely responsible for investigating reports of suspected child maltreatment and for deciding whether to go to court to request temporary custody of a child. The Hospital never decides who has custody of a child in any case of alleged child maltreatment. The Hospital is not the custodian or the legal guardian of the patients in its care, nor is it affiliated with any state agency. Boston Children’s does not keep patients in its care against the direction of the custodial guardian.”

Note that it says BCH cannot discuss specific issues concerning Justina at this time....which IMO means they can and will later, if this lawsuit ever comes to trial.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warsovika
Back