DC DC - Olga Ooro, 34, son found home alone, NW Washington DC, 16 July 2020 *Reward* *Guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

mlhenn

Reaction score
Critical Missing Person: Olga Ooro | mpdc

Olga Ooro is Missing Under Suspicious Circumstances.
upload_2020-7-20_15-54-44.png
34 yr old black female
with a dark brown complexion
5’9” in height, 125 pounds
with black hair and brown eyes

•last seen in the 300 block of Massachusetts Avenue, Northwest, in the evening hours on Thursday, July 16, 2020

Anyone with information regarding the whereabouts ofOlga Ooro is asked to call the Metropolitan Police Department at 202-727-9099, the Youth and Family Services Division at 202-576-6768, or 911.

To Note:
•Family and neighbors are concerned for OO
•last seen walking away from her apartment building in the 300 block of Massachusetts Avenue NW the evening of Thursday, July 16
•OO’s father came to her apartment to pick up his grandson over the weekend and found the boy alone.
•Neighbors said Ooro would never leave her son alone
•Police classified Ooro's case as "critical" and say she is missing under suspicious circumstances.

That means her son was home alone from Thursday evening until the grandfather came to pick him up over the weekend.

I wonder how old the boy is? I’d assume either not old enough to call anyone for help or to leave to get help if no phone were available.

To Note:
•Family and neighbors are concerned for OO
•last seen walking away from her apartment building in the 300 block of Massachusetts Avenue NW the evening of Thursday, July 16
•OO’s father came to her apartment to pick up his grandson over the weekend and found the boy alone.
•Neighbors said Ooro would never leave her son alone
•Police classified Ooro's case as "critical" and say she is missing under suspicious circumstances.

That means her son was home alone from Thursday evening until the grandfather came to pick him up over the weekend.

I wonder how old the boy is? I’d assume either not old enough to call anyone for help or to leave to get help if no phone were available.

He is 7
@OhMyGOFF
· #DC police need help finding Olga Ooro after her 7-year-old son reported her missing. She was last seen Thursday on Massachusetts Ave NW. Police consider her disappearance suspicious. Contact police with tips/info
@fox5dc

EdXN0yYXsAASoTg

If the boy is 7 and he waited 4 days to call anyone, doesn't that indicate that mom has left before?

If the boy is 7 and he waited 4 days to call anyone, doesn't that indicate that mom has left before?
I read this as mom left Thursday evening and the grandfather showing up over the weekend could mean anywhere between Friday and Sunday IMO. It hit MSM on Sunday the 19th. The son could have called grandfather on Friday and the grandfather did his own searching then called the police. IMO. Not sure if this is how it happened, nothing to back it up but that was my thinking at this point anyway.

I read this as mom left Thursday evening and the grandfather showing up over the weekend could mean anywhere between Friday and Sunday IMO. It hit MSM on Sunday the 19th. The son could have called grandfather on Friday and the grandfather did his own searching then called the police. IMO. Not sure if this is how it happened, nothing to back it up but that was my thinking at this point anyway.

That’s the impression I got as well. She went missing Thursday. Then the grandfather came by to pick up the grandson (most likely Friday) for the weekend & that’s when he realized the child alone & the mother missing.

DC Police Investigating ‘Suspicious' Disappearances of Man, Woman

This article covers missing info on OO and a DC man who is also missing.

UPDATED INFO:
D.C. police are investigating the suspicious disappearances of a man and woman who went missing last week from different parts of the city.

Olga Ooro, 34, was last seen at her home in downtown D.C. Her 7-year-old son was found home alone two days later.

Ooro was last seen the evening of July 16, walking away from her apartment building in the 300 block of Massachusetts Avenue NW.

She had just returned home from dinner with her son and boyfriend, who has a history of domestic violence within their relationship, Newsham said. The man, who police did not name, is cooperating with officials.
Newsham said he has “very significant concerns” about both cases, which are not believed to be related.

Ooro's son was found alone in a hallway of their building two days after his mother was last seen. The boy’s father has custody of the child and he is safe, Newsham said.

Ooro’s family told police her behavior was very unusual.

“She would never leave her son like that,” Newsham said they told them.

BBM

The boyfriend of a woman who went missing from her home in downtown D.C. last week has been charged in her death, police said Friday.

Darnell Sterling, 55, of Southeast D.C., is charged with killing Olga Ooro. Her body had not been found as of Friday afternoon.

Boyfriend of DC Woman Who Went Missing Is Arrested in Her Death

Man charged with murder in case of missing mom whose son was found wandering in apartment

An additional article...

Darnell Sterling, 55, of Southeast, is charged with second degree murder.

Police Chief Pete Newsham said Thursday that the boyfriend was cooperating with the investigation but added that "there is a history of domestic violence in this case."

Ooro's remains have not been found, according to authorities, "however, based upon the information gathered during the investigation a suspect was identified and charged accordingly," an update sent out Friday reads. "Additionally, it was determined that this offense is domestic in nature."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke
Back