DC DC - Relisha Tenau Rudd, 8, SE DC, 26 Feb 2014 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chief: obviously looking into possibility this is KT. Cannot comment on decomposition or where he was found, other than that it was in a search area.

cannot comment where he was found or how long he's been there. will comment on more this afternoon.

Cadets, divers, underwater cameras, searched wells, overhead searches of bodies of water, and searches to continue for a few more days. Today a body of an adult male. Not identified, no cause of death confirmed. Likely suicide. Will not confirm location (within target area) - will not comment on where at this time.

Began searching in areas of highest probability; used both cadaver and search dogs. Still have additional searches to be done.

Wow, she's really a stickler. Won't even give the race of the person found.

Reporter: Rumor that KT was spotted alive earlier today in PG Co?

Lanier: unaware of this rumor.

Aerial search, FLIR, cadaver dogs, multiple areas searched multiple times. Can't confirm which technology used in which area.

Not willing to confirm it's KT. Still searching for Relisha. Primary focus is to Find Relisha.

Expect the search for Relisha to continue over the next few days. Still concentrating on 700 acre park.

Chief: obviously looking into possibility this is KT. Cannot comment on decomposition or where he was found, other than that it was in a search area.

They can also check on the gun to see if it matches the gun that killed Tatums wife.JMO

Expect to continue searching several more days.

Expects to be here several more days. Reporter asks about anything else found as part of investigation; she cannot comment further but expects more detail to be released later this afternoon.

Another presser later today.

And that's it....

-Multiple questions about why they are fixated on this area--Chief reiterates that other investigation is happening at the same time.

-Said she might have more information later this evening. Press conference around sunset in the same location.
-Was asked if she can put to rest the rumor that KT may be related to Relisha, she said she wasn't aware of that rumor and pulled a face.

ETA: She also wouldn't comment on the amount of decomposition to the found male body.

I think they know...the tats have to be enough. Maybe they are still notifying next of kin?

This is my personal opinion and not necessarily the opinion of Websleuths LLC. Feel free to respectfully disagree.

I kind of want to go down there for the evening presser, but I kind of don't.

Wow, that was short. Lanier usually takes a few more questions even after the "two more questions" woman (likely Gwendolyn Crump).

Slightly O/T: I have great respect for Lanier--she was a single teen mom who dropped out of high school and eventually got her GED, now has worked her way up to be chief of police.

I think they know...the tats have to be enough. Maybe they are still notifying next of kin?

This is my personal opinion and not necessarily the opinion of Websleuths LLC. Feel free to respectfully disagree.

That, and I think they have to wait on PG County for the official ID, since he technically belongs to them with his felony warrants stemming from there and all.

Wow, that was short. Lanier usually takes a few more questions even after the "two more questions" woman (likely Gwendolyn Crump).

Slightly O/T: I have great respect for Lanier--she was a single teen mom who dropped out of high school and eventually got her GED, now has worked her way up to be chief of police.

I have great respect for her as well. :heartbeat:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members