DC DC - Relisha Tenau Rudd, 8, SE DC, 26 Feb 2014 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
'Relisha Rudd called it the “trap house.”'........from the WP article. What is a 'trap house' and how/why would an 8 year-old use that term anyway? Unless the child heard it from an adult-and what did the adult mean by 'trap house'?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...1a020a-bc19-11e3-9a05-c739f29ccb08_story.html

Relisha was surrounded by trap stars it seems

Drug house?

I'm poor and I always say it Trapped.You can check in.But you can't check out. Because we are too poor.

Drug house?

I'm poor and I always say it Trapped.You can check in.But you can't check out. Because we are too poor.

I appreciate your use of the word; however, you use it at a verb and Relisha said it as adjective.

The Shelter needs to be investigated inside-out.

In my opinion.

I appreciate your use of the word; however, you use it at a verb and Relisha said it as adjective.

The Shelter needs to be investigated inside-out.

In my opinion.

I hear a Trap House is a drug house. That's probably why Tatum was there.

Wow! Poor Relisha .....WTH is wrong with her family? :banghead:

Maybe Relisha was taken as payment for a drug debt also.All I know is Tatum had too much money for just being a janitor.

Wow! Poor Relisha .....WTH is wrong with her family? :banghead:

Ha ha-you could say that about many a child......going forward-Relisha's mom took her child to the safest place she could. If she was duped by a monster, and the shelter employed him-???

There is a lot of government money in social service programs-and not enough supervision.

Ha ha-you could say that about many a child......going forward-Relisha's mom took her child to the safest place she could. If she was duped by a monster, and the shelter employed him-???

There is a lot of government money in social service programs-and not enough supervision.

This was the family's fault and KT's. Not the government or the shelter. Mom, boyfriend, doing drugs, making no attempt to become responsible, contributing members of society. And while RR is now missing, they lie, do not attempt to look for her, no pleading, not out searching, and are spending their time playing games on their phones/ipad. Their children are pets to them that bring in a little extra cash for them. JMO

IMO, it's easy for the family to blame the shelter. Probably looking for lawsuit. Again. JMO!

The shelter didn't disappear Relisha. All the resources were in place for this family to better themselves, use the shelter as a TEMPORARY housing, yet they chose not to. There seems to be no effort to find a job, embrace their responsibilities, and contribute to their family. When resources become a way of life, a way to maintain life, instead of a stepping stone UP, then I don't know what program or law will change that. Mandate that every single adult receiving social help have a drug test, and if they fail, no help. They may end up on the streets, I don't know. But it would be by their chose. When the resources are available, but rules must be followed, and you choose to ignore the rules, then it's a choice.

While the shelter may have some short comings, as in not keeping the critters, and insects out, among other things, they are not the ones that lost Relisha. They provided her food, clothing, shelter. The basics that a parent should be providing. The shelter should not be raising the children. If we want that, then I guess we'll have to reopen the orphanages. We've seen many cases were foster homes aren't always the greatest answer either. Too many scamming that system to get the money for keeping a child, but not providing for the child. I don't know the answers obviously, but I'm frustrated beyond belief. I'm upset with those that were given the greatest gift of life, and yet didn't cherish and protect it.

Most mammals show more motherly instincts...and then we have parents like THIS! We can't force them to love their kids. It doesn't work! So what do we do? Remove the kids, and force sterilization? Then we get into human rights. So I don't know. I just don't know.

Relisha...those that should have loved you didn't. For that I am extremely sorry. There are many, many people who do love you. Many of us are hurting the life you've been forced to endure, and many of us are hoping you're life now is tremendously improved. But above all else, we want you to know, YOU ARE LOVED!

BW is not Relisha's paternal grandmother. Who cares what MT says? She is a liar. LE has stated repeatedly that Relisha's last sighting is 3/1. This leads me to believe that a 3/19 call never took place. Keep on talking "family". I'm waiting on this angel to be found and charges to be brought against the lot of them. You don't acquire godparents after the fact. The only people I believe in that article are the cheerleading coach and the security guard.

Took her to the safest place she could?? How about this...how about she could have gotten a JOB, and provided for her children! She could have wanted to better their future and took steps to do that. No, instead, after being given chance after chance after chance, she continues to ignore the responsibilities of being a parent! Continues to have her priorities all screwed up. Doing drugs, instead of looking for her child, or trying to find employment so she can one day provide for her remaining kids. No... social programs didn't fail Relisha. I would hate to see what her little life would have been like without them. She wouldn't have lasted a year, IMO!

:banghead:

And Starry, this isn't directed towards you at all. It's the frustration of this case.

OT... but perhaps not completely. Depending on where you are, April 5 is/was National Love Our Children Day. There's certainly no lack of that here, but SOME people apparently didn't get the memo.

:grouphug: :loveyou:

It has never been stated that Relisha's brothers ever went anywhere with Tatum, correct?

I know, right? If it's true than I guess SY didn't meet him at the homeless shelter. Ugh, more lies!

Another interesting tidbit was this. . .

So they lived in a Blandensburg Rd. motel for a time in 2011?

Idk if I believe SY really new KT since 2005. I think she was saying that at that time to substantiate the "like a godfather" claim. She has hence said she met him at the shelter. NOW I'm starting to wonder if she really met him while they were living in the motel on Blandensburg. Hmmmm. . .:waitasec:
I doubt SY is telling the truth about how long she knew KT because he was locked up in 2005. Relisha's bio father tried for visitation in 2012. KT didn't get out of prison until October 2011.

SY (far from a "mom") frequented shelters and motels after evictions from apartments where gunfire was common. Relisha was swapped among family members and a janitor from the shelter was thrown into the rotation. She would arrive at school with "filthy clothes, dirty hair, and an empty stomach." Relisha and her siblings have been evaluated for possible neglect and abuse...
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...1a020a-bc19-11e3-9a05-c739f29ccb08_story.html

With all due respect, the shelter is most likely a fairly safe place. Relisha needed someone to love, protect, and care for her. Someone with good judgement that was not clouded by dope and greed.

MOO

Some of you are missing the point. Of course it is ultimately the mother's fault-but here, we must use the term 'mother' loosely.
Society puts into place help for those 'mothers' in order to protect the child. Local government provides such help-giving measures via 'contracts' with care providers who must be licensed, meet certain criteria etc.
Administrators and employees of such providers are ULTIMATELY responsible for the care and providing of a safe, healthy, clean environment. The facility takes on much responsibility. The contract is very lucrative.

Ever hear of graft? Ever hear of neglect? Ever hear of nepotism?

Wise up.

Relisha is a victim from top to bottom.

OMG, the Post article was heartbreaking.

These people had FB pages showing designer shoes and jackets, piles of $20 and $50 bills, etc., yet they remained in the shelter for 18 months. What the he!! is wrong with AW, the daddy of the two youngest boys? Why didn't he get a job? I thought this was supposed to be temporary housing?

This case breaks my heart more than any other I have followed. Relisha never had a chance. Thank God her brothers are in foster care.

Frankly, I can't think of a punishment strong enough for these despicable and irresponsible "parents." And to think there are lots of "Other Relishes" out there. What a glimpse this has been of the underbelly of society. It makes me sick.

OMG, the Post article was heartbreaking.

These people had FB pages showing designer shoes and jackets, piles of $20 and $50 bills, etc., yet they remained in the shelter for 18 months. What the he!! is wrong with AW, the daddy of the two youngest boys? Why didn't he get a job? I thought this was supposed to be temporary housing?

This case breaks my heart more than any other I have followed. Relisha never had a chance. Thank God her brothers are in foster care.

Frankly, I can't think of a punishment strong enough for these despicable and irresponsible "parents." And to think there are lots of "Other Relishes" out there. What a glimpse this has been of the underbelly of society. It makes me sick.

BBM

I hope you mean by 'society' that you include the society of government oversee.

See why I read and don't post much? I was in tears after reading that article. Your reply comes off as rude and harsh esp the HaHa part. I'm sorry I am not as aware of all these things as you are. :twocents:

Debloree, I cried while reading the article, too. Then I got angry, but not at the government. At least in this case, the family is to blame for bringing this child into the world and acting as selfish enablers. While I'm at it, I am tired of BW calling herself Relisha's grandmother. That tribe sure mis-uses terms such as Godfather, Fiancé, ad nauseam.

End of rant.

Why did a lady from one of the programs that Relisha was in at the shelter. Was quoted in a Washington Post article saying Relisha would jump to her feet and belt their motivational song out whenever it would come....Watch, listen to the words, & tell me why an 8 year old girl...had to relate to this song???? Because it was her life....beyond speechless!!! "Labi Siffre - Something Inside So Strong" on YouTube: http://youtu.be/xO3Dco5OdqE

Relisha, we are searching high & low...trying to filter through all of the nuisance & find you little one.

Here are the words just in case because I haven't figured out how to correctly add a link....I'm a newbie.

The higher you build your barriers the taller I become
The farther you take my rights away the faster I will run
You can deny me, you can decide to turn your face away
No matter 'cause there's

Something inside so strong
I know that I can make it
But you're doing me wrong so wrong
You thought that my pride was gone
Oh, no, something inside so stro.o.ong
there's something inside so strong

The more you refuse to hear my voice the louder I will sing
You hide behind walls of Jericho, your lies will come tumbling