:tears:
:cry:
:tears:
:cry:

:grouphug:

:praying:

Thank you for posting this.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back for a bit. The last case that bothered me this much was Willow. I got a horse named Willow after that. Today as I was tending to the animals, I found one bantam chick that the others are bullying away from the food and water, and picking at it's feathers. I just gave it a bath, and it'll live inside with me until stronger. I shall name her Relish! Not with an A though, just Relish. She's sitting on my lap, happily chirping now. Little chick will probably get more attention than Relisha ever has. But I can't change Relisha's past. I've gotta do something positive! Once she's eaten, I'll go back out to plant my veggies.

You didn't eat her, right? :lol: That is just so sweet.

Every day I try to toughen up and promise myself not to get so emotional about Relisha and so many other children like her. Every day I feel the same, sad, teary and questioning why some people do not treasure their children. They are only innocent and impressionable for such a short time and we have a duty to love, guide, protect and care for them as best we can. I look at my grown daughter and now, her daughter, and feel tremendous joy which fills my heart and renews my spirit. I only wish the Relishas of our world and their parents could know these feelings and have only the best interests for their children as their main focus.

sallye818, thank you for the beautiful poem. And, yep, it wasn't your intent; but, I was crying, too. It is so very true.

Relisha, where are you, sweet girl? Someone needs to help you find your way home.

I use to think school uniforms were bizarre, and setting the kids back. I no longer feel that way. If all kids are dressed the same, then within the school setting, those less fortunate won't stand out. I never cared about brand name clothing. But I see that I was not the norm. Having raised my own kids, I see how much it influences which groups you can be a part of, which will allow your kids to play sports, etc. And sadly, the adults are behind that. :(

I had to wear a uniform for 12 years of school and envied those that did not. However, as a parent now - I wish public schools would mandate a uniform. I think clothes become a distraction especially to teenagers.They are there to learn not compare designers. Children have been killed for their clothing.

Another thing that I think needs to be done away with ...low income housing communities in the form of "projects". This whole idea of a "project" further isolates the poor and encourages gang mentality. I always thought there should be a number of homes set aside and divided among developments/neighborhoods for the working poor instead of having large dedicated areas for low income housing. These families would be then be incorporated into existing thriving communities and surrounded by the working class. How this gets done - I have no idea so I'm no help there. But every time I see low income housing go up in my city - I want to say noooooo. This has been tried over an over to no avail. The large high rises in my city have all been torn down and replaced with two-story twin homes...but it still doesn't work. I don't want to turn this into a political/socio-economic discussion but I was checking in and wanted to comment.

In the meantime, I am still reading but have nothing new to offer on the main topic of Relisha. I think of her every day.

You didn't eat her, right? :lol: That is just so sweet.

:floorlaugh: Nope, will never eat her!! :floorlaugh:

But she is now eating, and drank some sugar water, and is perkier! :loveyou:

:floorlaugh: Nope, will never eat her!! :floorlaugh:

But she is now eating, and drank some sugar water, and is perkier! :loveyou:

Awwww! That's what I give my new chicks too - a little sugar water. They love it. Keeps'em from getting clogged up on the back end - can't think of the medical terminology for what it's called.

I don't want to make y'all cry this morning, but I came across this poem that I hadn't seen in a while and thought about Relisha, the indifferent parents, and the monsters of this world who prey on all the little Relishas. Pray, people, pray, and put our children FIRST!

We Pray for Children
By Ina Hughes

We pray for children
Who put chocolate fingers everywhere,
Who like to be tickled,
Who stomp in puddles and ruin their new pants,
Who sneak Popsicles before supper,
Who erase holes in math workbooks,
Who can never find their shoes.

And we pray for those
Who stare at photographers from behind barbed wire,
Who can’t bound down the street in new sneakers,
Who never “counted potatoes,”
Who are born in places we wouldn’t be caught dead in,
Who never go to the circus,
Who live in an X-rated world.

We pray for children
Who bring us sticky kisses and fistfuls of dandelions,
Who sleep with the cat and bury goldfish,
Who hug us in a hurry and forget their lunch money,
Who squeeze toothpaste all over the sink,
Who slurp their soup.

And we pray for those
Who never get dessert,
Who have no safe blanket to drag behind them,
Who can’t find any bread to steal,
Who don’t have any rooms to clean up,
Whose pictures aren’t on anybody’s dresser,
Whose monsters are real.

We pray for children
Who spend all their allowance before Tuesday,
Who throw tantrums in the grocery store and pick at their food,
Who like ghost stories,
Who shove dirty clothes under the bed,
Who get visits from the tooth fairy,
Who don’t like to be kissed in front of the car pool,
Who squirm in church and scream on the phone,
Whose tears we sometimes laugh at and whose smiles can make us cry.

And we pray for those
Whose nightmares come in the daytime,
Who will eat anything,
Who have never seen a dentist,
Who are never spoiled by anyone,
Who go to bed hungry and cry themselves to sleep,
Who live and move, but have no being.

We pray for children
Who want to be carried
And for those who must,
For those we never give up on
And for those who never get a second chance,
For those we smother.
And for those who will grab the hand of anybody kind
enough to offer it.

We pray for the children. Amen.

WOW!!!!! It pains me to even think of children enduring all of the negatives in this poem. I tell my children how blessed they are to have parents that are truly committed to their well being, education, and to allow them to just be kids. I want their rooms cleaned, so no one trips over anything, but I want them to feel loved, laugh, play, read books, ride bikes and play in water. Ranting I know, but this is why Relisha didn't want to be at the shelter. She as an eight year old knows that wasn't a normal environment. Praying for you, and thinking of you daily sweet girl.

Hi all, I had to take a break for a couple days. Another day, another night and no Relisha. Where is Relisha? What's going on with this case? Are those responsible ever going to be held accountable? I hope LE knows more than what it seems they do. <Sigh>

Praying Relisha will be found. Praying for justice for Relisha.

Hi all, I had to take a break for a couple days. Another day, another night and no Relisha. Where is Relisha? What's going on with this case? Are those responsible ever going to be held accountable? I hope LE knows more than what it seems they do. <Sigh>

Praying Relisha will be found. Praying for justice for Relisha.

Solitaryone, your post and Sallye's poem say it all. I have no answers. :dunno: I too hope LE knows more than they are saying and Relisha has not once again been lost in the shuffle. :sigh: We can continue to pray for Relisha that she will be found and there will be justice for her. We, as websleuthers, can be here and support one another when our hope begins to slip and we doubt that there is anyone out there that really cares at all for the missing, abused and murdered. :therethere: :heartbeat:

I wish this thread was more active than the one for skeevy radio show.

I wish this thread was more active than the one for skeevy radio show.

Me too. I think we're all just waiting for a nugget of information to run with. Unfortunately, everything seems a little stagnant.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Me too. I think we're all just waiting for a nugget of information to run with. Unfortunately, everything seems a little stagnant.

MOO

I think things are stagnant because there isn't much else to know except where is Relisha? Sadly, I think the answer to that happened on March 2nd. And it's possible the only person who knows the answer is now deceased.

I wish some of the focus with finding her would be to plaster KT's face everywhere, because I think his movements on March 2nd are the key to finding Relisha. Didn't anyone see him at the park that day? What was he doing? What was he carrying. . .etc? LE probably knows his movements that day due to his phone. The fact that LE still hasn't found her, makes me worry about the river or just about any dumpster near where he traveled. Unfortunately, way too much time passed between the 2nd and when she was reported missing. :banghead:

MOO

I think things are stagnant because there isn't much else to know except where is Relisha? Sadly, I think the answer to that happened on March 2nd. And it's possible the only person who knows the answer is now deceased.

I wish some of the focus with finding her would be to plaster KT's face everywhere, because I think his movements on March 2nd are the key to finding Relisha. Didn't anyone see him at the park that day? What was he doing? What was he carrying. . .etc? LE probably knows his movements that day due to his phone. The fact that LE still hasn't found her, makes me worry about the river or just about any dumpster near where he traveled. Unfortunately, way too much time passed between the 2nd and when she was reported missing. :banghead:

Why was video never released showing KT leaving with bags or something he could have carried Relisha out of the hotel room in? I mean we see the video of them arriving to the hotel, but never see Relisha again? Whiskey Tango Foxtrot (i finally learned what that meant, too embarressed :blushing: - hubby had to tell me). I just want to scream this from the mountain tops WHERE IS RELISHA??? sorry for screaming guys - I'm just so frustrated that Relisha has not been found. :scream: :stormingmad:

Solitaryone, your post and Sallye's poem say it all. I have no answers. :dunno: I too hope LE knows more than they are saying and Relisha has not once again been lost in the shuffle. :sigh: We can continue to pray for Relisha that she will be found and there will be justice for her. We, as websleuthers, can be here and support one another when our hope begins to slip and we doubt that there is anyone out there that really cares at all for the missing, abused and murdered. :therethere: :heartbeat:

Thank's so much, Bootsctr, I needed to hear this! It is very disheartening that LE has made no arrests in Relisha's case. I don't know why that is, as there are legitimate reasons for arrests in this case. If LE does have a strategy, I sure can't see it. I just hope they do have one or more.

Praying for Justice for Relisha.

Same here. This case is so frustrating and I couldn't take listening to her "family" any longer. I feel they are making a mockery of the search and minimizing Relisha's life. I am not nearby so I can't do anything but read and keep posting her missing picture. It's a horrible feeling knowing that this little girl deserved so much better and all I can do for her is post a picture and wait.

Chief Lanier does seem concerned about Relisha. Her expressions, tone, choice of words while during pressers, all IMO show that. I think she'll do what she can to get to the bottom of this case. Plus the FBI and some other agencies are involved. Maybe they're investigating the 'bigger fishes' before the huge arrests happen!

It's a deary day in VA. Cold, rainy. Possible tornadoes tomorrow. I pray Relisha isn't in water anywhere...

Chief Lanier does seem concerned about Relisha. Her expressions, tone, choice of words while during pressers, all IMO show that. I think she'll do what she can to get to the bottom of this case. Plus the FBI and some other agencies are involved. Maybe they're investigating the 'bigger fishes' before the huge arrests happen!

It's a deary day in VA. Cold, rainy. Possible tornadoes tomorrow. I pray Relisha isn't in water anywhere...

Wouldn't that be wonderful? I hope they are casting a huge net and haul in some of the big fishes. I have liked Chief Lanier since the beginning from her pressers. And the cherry on top would be if Relisha was found alive!!

Stay warm and dry 2Hope4! Give your little peeps a kiss for me. My Peeps is almost a year now. She lays an egg about the size of a 50 cent piece and they are delicious. She loves cheese and fights with the dog for pickings off of beef bones. Never dreamed she would make it. A chicken snake got her mother and all the eggs. Went out the next day to gather eggs and heard a tiny peep - and there was the tiniest little chick I had ever seen. I don't know how she missed being eaten by the snake or how she survived the night without having a warm mommy on top of her. She was still damp and I couldn't find her egg shell anywhere. I think she was a gift from my son when I needed her most. She's smarter than the average chicken too! Of course, I'm her mom and I would say that. I wish Relisha was with me to see the 13 chicks I just bought from Tractor Supply and the 2 chicks that hatched out on Easter Sunday from one of my hens. Love my chickens :loveyou: Love Relisha :loveyou: and I love WebSleuthers :loveyou:

I am so sad to see Relisha on the second page :tantrum:
Where are you sweet girl? I wish the heavens would just open up and shine a light down on where you are.....ugh this just breaks my heart. I can't wrap my head around how and why this little baby doll is missing. I would be just frantic if this was my baby :scared: :scared:

Please, guide someone to where she is..... :please: :please:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members