DC DC - Relisha Tenau Rudd, 8, SE DC, 26 Feb 2014 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Shoutout to
Dayna Blackwell
News Writer
Can we assume since you wrote this that you care and you remember and you will continue to print her name ?
We're counting on you Dayna Blackwell.
Relisha is counting on you. You have a public voice.
Don't stop using it for Relisha !

Snipped from article:

Um, did I miss something? WHEN did Relisha's mother report her missing? A school counselor at Payne Elementary School notified CPS and THEY filed the missing persons report. I don't recall SY ever reporting her missing...on the contrary, she stated, she did NOT call LE because she didn't want to lose her other kids. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but IIRC, SY never reported Relisha missing...and neither did anybody else in her family. :mad:

you missed nothing. We have reached the point where many have already forgotten Relisha and the news blurbs are now being written from a distance, where being factual is perceived as not as important by journalists competing for scoops on the story. Relisha has now become a human interest piece.

:(

We know the facts. We remember. We shall continue to try to keep her name and face and true story out there.

I hope someone has commented on the inaccuracies beneath the article or by emailing the author. I want to encourage all of us who are still following this case to comment on the story. news orgs are driven ultimately by readership and numbers. Let's make sure they know we are STILL interested in news of Relisha, and her case. This case has not been closed. make sure the press knows it by voicing your concern for this young lady whenever you have the chance.

It was harsh re-reading article after article. This time around, when I re-read the sections in which the Cheerleading teacher told reporters that this little girl was obviously neglected; that, because she was so concerned, she would wash Relisha's hair at school; that Relisha tried so very hard to have a life away from the shelter, she memorized the cheers done by much older girls; that all Relisha wanted was a hug; that Relisha and her siblings were found alone in a laundromat at night more than once just broke my heart all over again. And then, to re-read SY saying that she "doesn't feel responsible".

Although it's likely not going to happen, I would be pleased if SY will somehow be hauled before a judge who would explain to her just how responsible she was for endangering her daughter. At the very least, by raising Relisha in conditions which would make the child desperate enough to go anywhere with anyone as long as it was away from that shelter.

Re-reading about all the times social workers wrote in their reports over the YEARS that Relisha was being abused, yet was left with SY infuriates me. (Apparently confidential docs that were read to WaPo reporters.) [http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...00c6e-b43e-11e3-8cb6-284052554d74_story.html]

Relisha told everyone over and over that she needed to live somewhere else. That little girl did everything she could possibly do to get a responsible adult to pull her out of that mess. I hope the Mayor follows through on his promise of a thorough investigation and that policies will be tightened up, and some internal changes will take place in CPS.

Good morning Everyone.

Although I've offline, Relisha has been on my mind every single day as the school year draws to a close.

Today my eldest will sing with her class and the school choir for the final time as an elementary school student. Next week's performance in the school talent show will be her final performance ever at the same campus with her younger sister, who is in the 1st grade).

I am breath taken daily by all of the poignant memories being made by these two. I picture Relisha often in these situations, as I've shared before, and it pains me each and every time.

I will never stop fighting this fight for her. In the same way I know you all feel, we must continue to advocate for those who are voiceless. We must never cease to search and sleuth. We must never forget the "Other Relisha's" knowing their numbers are staggering :cry:

So today, with a happy and sad heart, I will film my girls together, and look up at the sky. I will say another prayer, and I will continue to hope.

Where are you, BabyGirl?

#FindRelishaRudd

:candle:

:praying:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is anybody going to listen to this?

No reason to listen to him. I'm going to wait and see what y'all have to say about this doofus and his interviews. He has zero creditability. I haven't figured out whether he takes his meds or doesn't. He obviously needs to. :twocents:

I am only surprised the respite lasted as long as it did. I will continue to avoid listening to this carp.

Is anybody going to listen to this?

Not me. The only way I'd listen again is if KW had the Young family/associates on. I'm not surprised that KW is back. I wonder what he expects? I doubt he'd have the number of listeners as he had before.

More importantly, where is Relisha? And why hasn't anyone been arrested?

Not me. The only way I'd listen again is if KW had the Young family/associates on. I'm not surprised that KW is back. I wonder what he expects? I doubt he'd have the number of listeners as he had before.

More importantly, where is Relisha? And why hasn't anyone been arrested?

He was quoted in that article about the boys custody, saying he was going to be interviewing SY, wasn't he?

The radio website still says 'Waiting for host to call in'. Today, someone on FB said they received an email from him stating that there will be a show tomorrow (Saturday). We knew he couldn't stay away and as tlcya posted, I am also surprised he lasted this long.

He was quoted in that article about the boys custody, saying he was going to be interviewing SY, wasn't he?

Yeah, he did. I wonder if SY is still planning on going on his show? What benefit would it be to SY to go on KW's show at this time? I know SY isn't worried about Relisha or where she can be found! I'd be surprised if SY or any of them put themselves out there now. Nothing in it for them!

Well we all knew he would be back. Says there will be a return special guest. Should we alert a mod to open the PL thread?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_a_supervillain
Back