DC DC - Relisha Tenau Rudd, 8, SE DC, 26 Feb 2014 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thank you so much Bakerlady. I am so happy for that report , and appreciate your help.

Raya said the disappearance has left her “sad” and “scared—just a little” and that she wrote the poem to express those emotions. “I don’t like the idea of everybody not knowing where somebody is,” she said.

Source: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...-childs-perspective-on-the-relisha-rudd-case/

BBM

Wow. So sweet and so insightful. She is only 12 and has more intuitiveness than SY & Co put together.

that is a very haunting line: only the waiting remains

it reminds me a bit of this poem by laurence binyon that is read every ANZAC day:

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old;
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them."

i know is written for the soldiers lost in WWI but it always makes me think of those missing, we will remember them.

relisha, i am sorry. wish we could change what happened to you, i can only hope that now you know no fear and are at peace

lupus est homini *advertiser censored*, non *advertiser censored*, non quom qualis sit novit

thank you mikkismom, that was lovely and much needed. A link about the very real effect Relisha has had on someone other than a lonely attention seeking grown man.

It would also be very interesting to hear from a child who lives that life. A child who lives the same reality as Relisha. I wonder how a child feels about Relisha being missing, being that they share the same reality.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Born at Providence Hospital, having lived in a few shelters as a baby, and raised in SE DC near The Shrimp Boat, I agree with you 100%. That life is not easy. It was nothing for a friend's mother to be a crackhead, to see drunks and addicts in the alley, to hear a couple cursing and physically fighting. My sister's best friend became a mother at the age of 14; continuing the family cycle of teenage pregnancy. It wasn't uncommon to for an uncle or someone you knew very well to be locked up. Fights everyday, gunshots the norm, and abuse prevalent.

I sit back and look at my life and thank God I had parents determined not to allow us to become products of our environment. Our house was the "safe" house where a lot of the neighborhood kids came for a meal, peaceful surrondings, and the hugs from my mother. So many yearned to be in the presence of someone who treated them well and genuinely loved them. I remember 3 siblings, a high school aged girl, her elementary aged sister, and their 3 year old brother. The whole neighborhood knew their mother abused them; she constantly fought the older daughter like an enemy from the street. She came to our house with deep bite marks, and puntures on her shoulder. Her mother beat her with the piece of wood that's placed in the the threshold of a doorway, a nail was still attached. They very rarely had food and the 3 year old would often eat the dogs' food. This is the reality of people like Relisha and her family. This was my reality.

It's easy to judge what you see, without knowing what they know. Sorry for the rambling.

Thank you, AndieS, from the bottom of my heart. Those kids need people like you who have faith in them and WANT them. I remember the people like you :loveyou: You ARE making a difference.

-This Chocolate SE DC Girl

I have been on this board for some time but there are posts that give me a guttural response. This was one of them. Bless you and your Parents. :loveyou:

After I read the poem, I wrote a response and deleted it. Her writing the poem did not slightly irritate me, it was very well written, it was the headline as if she represented a child's thought on the case. No disrespect to her or her professor and designer parents. The parents and adults in Relisha's world probably don't even have a high school diploma. And I highly doubt the parents or another 12 year old would be able to write a poem like that. Who better to tell the story than those who live it?

Please excuse the editing, I'm using my phone.

Perspective: a particular attitude toward or way of regarding something; a point of view.

She DOES represent a child's thought. She is a child, and those are her thoughts. We are all individuals and we all have different thoughts.

And why do you doubt other kids could write a poem? I am so confused.

A little girl wrote a poem. She seems like a sweet, kind, caring young lady who would not hurt a fly. She says she thinks about Relisha, the same way most of us on this thread think of her. We are sad for her, we care about her, we only want good things for her, we want her to feel loved and to be loved.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with any of that and I think if anyone has anything negative to say about it then perhaps they need to do some introspection.

There are plenty of people who came from poverty, and did not graduate high school, who can still feel empathy, and write a poem about it.

Perspective: a particular attitude toward or way of regarding something; a point of view.

She DOES represent a child's thought. She is a child, and those are her thoughts. We are all individuals and we all have different thoughts.

And why do you doubt other kids could write a poem? I am so confused.

A little girl wrote a poem. She seems like a sweet, kind, caring young lady who would not hurt a fly. She says she thinks about Relisha, the same way most of us on this thread think of her. We are sad for her, we care about her, we only want good things for her, we want her to feel loved and to be loved.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with any of that and I think if anyone has anything negative to say about it then perhaps they need to do some introspection.

There are plenty of people who came from poverty, and did not graduate high school, who can still feel empathy, and write a poem about it.

I said write a poem like that, not that they couldn't write a poem.

Never once did I question the little girl's character or intentions. And yes, I agree that there are plenty of people who came from poverty, did not graduate high school, but can still feel empathy. I never implied empathy comes from formal education.

She expressed her feelings very well, and I think it's beautiful that she cares about someone outside of her self. Please don't assume that I attacked the little girl. It seems you either misread or misunderstood my post.

After I read the poem, I wrote a response and deleted it. Her writing the poem did not slightly irritate me, it was very well written, it was the headline as if she represented a child's thought on the case. No disrespect to her or her professor and designer parents. The parents and adults in Relisha's world probably don't even have a high school diploma. And I highly doubt the parents or another 12 year old would be able to write a poem like that. Who better to tell the story than those who live it?

Please excuse the editing, I'm using my phone.

So a young lady who has nothing in common is touched and affected by Relisha's story and addresses it via a poem and because she is not ethnic enough poor enough, is too privileged, and lives a life apparently nothing like Relisha's, it is not valid?

I am sorry I think I must be taking your post entirely differently than it is meant.

So a young lady who has nothing in common is touched and affected by Relisha's story and addresses it via a poem and because she is not ethnic enough poor enough, is too privileged, and lives a life apparently nothing like Relisha's, it is not valid?

I am sorry I think I must be taking your post entirely differently than it is meant.

Maybe I didn't word it the best, but nope, not what I meant.

If someone takes it that way, even after I said that's not what I was saying, then that's their prerogative; I just won't entertain it.

Back to the goal of why I'm here, where's Relisha?

BCSO: Missing girl last seen on school bus found

http://www.wyff4.com/news/bcso-girl-missing-after-last-seen-on-school-bus/26092006

FAIRVIEW, N.C. —Sheriff's deputies in Buncombe County say a 13-year-old girl missing after she failed to come home from school on Tuesday has been found

"Sheriff's office representative Natalie Bailey sent out a release after 10 a.m. on Wednesday stating that Anna Schmitt was safe and was in good condition."

"No further information was given."

Read more: http://www.wyff4.com/news/bcso-girl-missing-after-last-seen-on-school-bus/26092006#ixzz32Mz3qml3

I wonder when the Grand Jury meets, and if SY&CO will be indicted? I don't understand why LE is waiting for the GJ anyway. It seems to me they could have made arrests back in March.

I wonder when the Grand Jury meets, and if SY&CO will be indicted? I don't understand why LE is waiting for the GJ anyway. It seems to me they could have made arrests back in March.

My guess is LE doesn't have to be in a huge hurry. I can't see that family being much of a flight risk. They don't have the means or the smarts to go far.

ITA, Solitaryone. IMO, SY should have been arrested on Obstruction of Justice charges the day she refused to file a missing person report for Relisha and CPS had to step in and do so. SMH.

BCSO: Missing girl last seen on school bus found

http://www.wyff4.com/news/bcso-girl-missing-after-last-seen-on-school-bus/26092006

FAIRVIEW, N.C. —Sheriff's deputies in Buncombe County say a 13-year-old girl missing after she failed to come home from school on Tuesday has been found

"Sheriff's office representative Natalie Bailey sent out a release after 10 a.m. on Wednesday stating that Anna Schmitt was safe and was in good condition."

"No further information was given."

Read more: http://www.wyff4.com/news/bcso-girl-missing-after-last-seen-on-school-bus/26092006#ixzz32Mz3qml3

There was another girl missing around the same age - it happened a little after Relisha went missing an I never heard if she was found. I have to look back at my old posts because her name is escaping me.

Every morning and every evening I come to this forum hoping to hear something new. How much longer??!

I was thinking that there MUST be other children or families that know more about Tatum. Aside from the one woman who stated in an early article that she reprimanded him for approaching her daughter with $20 - no others have come forward ? I hope they have and that LE is building a net to catch the bigger fish involved . Otherwise - I can't believe Relisha was the only child he preyed upon.

someone else has GOT to know something.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!
Back