DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone for helping me learn so much more about this crime. I heard about it on the news the other day and I now know so much more about what possibly happened.

Ive still got some previous posts to read through. Its so nice to be able to come to WS and gain more information about news stories.

The second housekeeper looks younger to me than the lady who is deceased. I wonder if the information that they were both there for 20 years is correct. Didn't the surviving housekeeper also mention that she just had a wedding and her friend had attended?

I believe the deceased housekeeper had worked for the Savopoulos' for four years.

The second housekeeper looks younger to me than the lady who is deceased. I wonder if the information that they were both there for 20 years is correct. Didn't the surviving housekeeper also mention that she just had a wedding and her friend had attended?

I looked up NG and she is 49, lives in Gaithersburg. The deceased is 57.

Does anyone know where the perp comes out from around the front of the building in the video? ie, earlier posts seemed to state they knew where that was, and you see him/her run to the right, so they either come out at the front of that shopping area/building, or have a getaway car parked there. I would think there may be other cameras on the front of those buildings?

The video is from Le Fountain Bleu in New Carrolton, which is a catering hall that is in a strip mall. It is directly adjacent to where the car was set afire. It appears the beginning of the video is from the east side of the building, based on the position of the light pole.The end of the video appears to be from the south side of the building, based on the presence of dumpsters. If I had to guess, the cameras were over the side/rear exits.

From what I have seen Savva was a head master of Ten Shin Ryu and one thing I have learned through searches is that this type of martial arts is heavy in swords. Kind of interesting that a person that has been practicing for over 20 years would die from cutting wounds. Also with his new dojo opening last weekend there were people coming from all over the country to support him. Again how does a random criminal take down a well trained man. So here is new theories:

1. It was preplanned.
2. Either by associate or a "foe".
3. I believe there was more then one perp
a. One perp from PIO photos seems to be small and by how they walk and hold themselves in the video I would possibly say a woman.
4. They were targeted due for financial gain, business dealings, or something within the martial arts industry.
a. I am leaning more towards financial gain. I believe the family was held hostage and I believe the intent was to have money transfered from an unknown account to other unknown accounts.
b. I believe the perp(s) didn't leave until the transfer was confirmed.
5. I believe the family was asked if any other visitors would be arriving to the home. I believe the mother said yes that the other house keeper would be.
a. Mother stated this in hopes that a text to the house keeper would send a warning message to house keeper to contact police.

Unknowns:

What was in the white bucket?
Where did the person with the Porsche go for so many hours?
Where is the footage that isn't being released?
Did the house have a surveillance system?

It's not out of the question that swords would be in the home. Someone above mentioned that it was odd that the report are they had wounds from a sharp object but didn't mention a knife. Well, maybe the wounds weren't from a knife but a sword.

Painful to think about that, not just the physical pain but the emotional pain at the end of their lives that something dear to SS was used to hurt the family and he couldn't protect them, despite his skills.

JMO

The video is from Le Fountain Bleu in New Carrolton, which is a catering hall that is in a strip mall. It is directly adjacent to where the car was set afire. It appears the beginning of the video is from the east side of the building, based on the position of the light pole.The end of the video appears to be from the south side of the building, based on the presence of dumpsters. If I had to guess, the cameras were over the side/rear exits.

How far is that from the victims home? Has it been google mapped?

Been reading about the company. Interesting.

....deleted.....

ETA: I deleted this post because I had the wrong company.
I went down a rabbit hole. LOL

Good analysis. I think you are right about most. Especially him being young as I do think someone who is relatively young would agree to a crazy plan like this. It takes some wild hair brained scheme to commit a crime like this. A younger type person fantasizes about things like this and is immature enough to actually try it.

I think there are elements of this crime which demonstrate poor planning, irrespective of age. Notably what appears to be an overnight hostage situation and leaving the scene of the crime during daylight, driving across the city in a car that is very easy to identify.

I looked up La Fontaine Bleue and there is one in Lanham, near New Carrollton, and one in Glen Burnie. The Lanham one is 17 miles from their house.

Something is fishy about that story about the maid not having to be there so I do think it is possible she could be involved. JMO theory.

It sounds like the perps got their plan messed up and there was extra effort to ensure there was a record for her not to be at home. 1 simple text not to show up for work should have been enough but it went too far and seems very suspicious about that maid.

How would the perp even know to make sure she was called about work unless the perp knew her. Its not like the family would volunteer that information. Its almost like the perp knew her and her work routine.

All JMO and theory.

but I think the husband could have been telling the second maid not to come in to work (she wasn't even scheduled for) as an attempt to alert her. She DID receive the VM and text messages. Maybe they were hoping she would call the police and be more diligent.

This person who was charged may have resentment against the person who was killed.

"Like all quant hedge funds, Two Sigma guards its mathematical trading models diligently. Earlier this year, Forbes broke the news that Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance had criminally charged former Two Sigma analyst Kang Gao with stealing documents that detailed Two Sigma trading strategies after Two Sigma notified Vance’s office. Gao has pleaded not guilty. In court documents, Two Sigma said its trading models “are the lifeblood of its business.”"

http://www.forbes.com/sites/nathanv...at-year-and-becoming-a-hedge-fund-powerhouse/
Two Sigma is NOT owned by Savopoulos.

This person who was charged may have resentment against the person who was killed.

"Like all quant hedge funds, Two Sigma guards its mathematical trading models diligently. Earlier this year, Forbes broke the news that Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance had criminally charged former Two Sigma analyst Kang Gao with stealing documents that detailed Two Sigma trading strategies after Two Sigma notified Vance’s office. Gao has pleaded not guilty. In court documents, Two Sigma said its trading models “are the lifeblood of its business.”"

http://www.forbes.com/sites/nathanv...at-year-and-becoming-a-hedge-fund-powerhouse/
I don't think this is the same company. This one is called TWO SIGMA. The family's company is SIGMA LTD

One little perp doing all that? I find that very unlikely. Especially with a husband who is very fit.

I certainly believe this could be the work of one perp. We have seen more victims than four that were murdered by one lone suspect.

All he would have to do is grab one of the victims and threaten to harm them and the others would be compliant to his demands.

When Joe Duncan invaded the Greone home alone he was able to get two large adults and a large teen to laydown on the floor where he tied all three up and then bludgeoned them to death. Imo, they were compliant thinking they could reason with him trying to save their lives. Of course he had all intentions of killing them, and he was a tall, skinny guy who weighed around 160...yet he was able to control five people.

I suspect the same thing happened in this case

IMO

If the perp kept promising everyone would be all right if they just cooperate then it is easy for 1 person to hold a whole family at gunpoint and even have themselves tie themsevles up sometimes and things like that.

A gun to the boy's head or knife to the boy's throat would compel anyone in the room to comply with any instruction. I think the 1-person theory is feasible. And it's possible the father may have been killed instantly, leaving behind the mother, cleaning lady, and son...

It's about 17 miles. Google maps says it would take approximately 32 minutes. I think it would be much more -- there are so many traffic lights the driver would have to contend with. It's also quite densely populated. I think it would be very difficult to drive in less than 45 minutes unless they were running red lights.

Interestingly though, AIW is relatively close to where the car was ditched and set on fire, a mere 10 minutes away (maybe less). Anyone familiar with AIW's location would be familiar with the area around Le Fountainebleu.

ETA: It's a relatively lower class area, far different from the neighborhood the family lived in. Night and day.

I don't think this is the same company. This one is called TWO SIGMA. The family's company is SIGMA LTD

Thanks. I kind of went down a rabbit hole with that. LOL

I deleted most of the content of the post to correct it. Thanks for the help.

I looked up La Fontaine Bleue and there is one in Lanham, near New Carrollton, and one in Glen Burnie. The Lanham one is 17 miles from their house.

The one in Lanham/New Carrolton (unincorporated municipality) is where the video was filmed. Many routes to get there but the most expedient would be to cross the city. The police should have ZERO trouble tracking his movement, though they may be inhibited by the labor of reviewing footage and the possibility of the footage being overwritten after X number of days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1