DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well for all practical and tax purposes, the Sigma Fund was in St. Thomas. And, the building on Willard Road houses an American Ironworks office as well, so, I AM GUESSING that it was to be the site of the martial arts studio. I am also of the opinion that Savropoulos owns the building though I haven't verified that yet.

If the martial arts studio is in that building, I don't think it would require a lot of 'build'. The housekeeper could have been there acting as an agent for Savvas to oversee the final touches and the tidying up and final preprations for the opening. I doubt she was installing wallboard, etc.

That is interesting that American Ironworks has an office in the same building. I haven't been able to find much online about the company other than its website and news articles mentioning its role in various projects. It would be pretty unorthodox for a fabrication company to own a martial arts studio, IME, unless it was a holding company. Or maybe Mr. S "was" American Ironworks. Don't know. He certainly seemed to have complicated finances.

My guess is that whoever did this had probably been in the house before, as a worker (carpenter, carpet cleaner, pest control, etc.) or delivery person. He knew the layout of the house and what types of security measures they have, and he knew the family routine and who would be home throughout the day.

MOO

That is interesting that American Ironworks has an office in the same building. I haven't been able to find much online about the company other than its website and news articles mentioning its role in various projects. It would be pretty unorthodox for a fabrication company to own a martial arts studio, IME, unless it was a holding company. Or maybe Mr. S "was" American Ironworks. Don't know. He certainly seemed to have complicated finances.

You know what, since he had a home in the Virgin Islands, he could have based some of his companies there to avoid tax I think (not quite sure how the US tax system works, but in Australia that would have worked) .. so that might mean that he wanted to use the address of the commercial building he possibly owned as the one address for all of his companies to simplify matters, maybe he simply saw the martial arts studio as his business 'base'.

I think a person in a hoodie would have blended in, especially if it was in the morning. We had chilly morning temperatures on Thursday - in the 40's. When I ran errands in the Woodley Park neighborhood that day I wore yoga pants and long sleeves, and had a conversation with someone when I was out about how cold it was that morning.

Do we think the 'friend' that was helping VF clean who was featured in the video is NG?

The Daily Mail reports:

One of the housekeepers told FOX5 that she was at the home on Wednesday and that the Savopouloses, their son and a housekeeper slept in the home that night.
But on Thursday morning, she received a text message from the mother saying the family was sick so she should not come by. Mrs Savopoulos did not pick up when the housekeeper called and a text she sent also went unanswered, she said.
'She said, "I want to make sure you are not coming today",' the housekeeper recounted as she spoke to NBC4. '"Come Monday or any other day but not today".'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-4-blunt-force-head-wounds.html#ixzz3aRGlJISO
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook"

Do we think the 'friend' that was helping VF clean who was featured in the video is NG?

The Daily Mail reports:

One of the housekeepers told FOX5 that she was at the home on Wednesday and that the Savopouloses, their son and a housekeeper slept in the home that night.
But on Thursday morning, she received a text message from the mother saying the family was sick so she should not come by. Mrs Savopoulos did not pick up when the housekeeper called and a text she sent also went unanswered, she said.
'She said, "I want to make sure you are not coming today",' the housekeeper recounted as she spoke to NBC4. '"Come Monday or any other day but not today".'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-4-blunt-force-head-wounds.html#ixzz3aRGlJISO
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook"

Hmm...I thought the housekeeper was at the martial arts studio on Wednesday, not at the home.

We need a timeline and map.

"'I am making sure you do not come today,' the text message read"
http://heavy.com/news/2015/05/amy-a...er-porsche-cause-killed-arson-murder-suspect/

That is a strange message not only in the bluntness but also the syntax. If I were to blunt (which I probably wouldn't be in this case and don't think Amy would be either), I would say -

I want to make sure you are not coming today

as opposed to -

I am making sure you do not come today

The "you do not come" rather than "you are not coming" is just awkward.

I know we all suspect it already, but Amy didn't send that text.

JMO.

http://heavy.com/news/2015/05/amy-a...er-porsche-cause-killed-arson-murder-suspect/

That is a strange message not only in the bluntness but also the syntax. If I were to blunt (which I probably wouldn't be in this case and don't think Amy would be either), I would say -

as opposed to -

JMO.

I agree. Message sounds like whoever wrote it wasn't a native English speaker.

I found this on Sigma Investment Strategies, LLC:

https://opencorporates.com/companies/pr/325012-1511

It was incorporated 2 years ago, so it's likely a new company SS acquired or is part-owner in, or is just outsourcing services to. He would not have to move to P.R. to have a business interest there. JMO

So you think he started this company in Puerto Rico for a tax shelter for himself?

The second housekeeper was told twice not to come, is that correct? First on Wednesday, she got an actual call from husband, saying everyone is sick, don't come tomorrow, and please tell the husband of the second housekeeper that her phone is dead and she is sleeping over.

Then the next morning, a text making absolutely sure she does not come.

Now that's odd to me too. The perp had already put her off and had all night to do whatever he planned. Surely, that's plenty of time to get out by the time she arrives the next day. Why would he care who found the bodies?

Why did he need to stay so long? So long that it required another call?

as opposed to -

JMO.

I agree that is a blunt message. Strange.

The second housekeeper was told twice not to come, is that correct? First on Wednesday, she got an actual call from husband, saying everyone is sick, don't come tomorrow, and please tell the husband of the second housekeeper that her phone is dead and she is sleeping over.

Then the next morning, a text making absolutely sure she does not come.

Now that's odd to me too. The perp had already put her off and had all night to do whatever he planned. Surely, that's plenty of time to get out by the time she arrives the next day. Why would he care who found the bodies?

Why did he need to stay so long? So long that it required another call?

What if the family and first housekeeper were all alive overnight while he tried to find, or get, whatever it is he wanted? Once he had that, or he realised it either wasn't there, or he wasn't going to get his way he killed them? He may not have even really had a plan, what if he was just outraged and an argument started which escalated .. horrible if they were held hostage for hours while he worked out what to do, perhaps with one family member dead and the rest in fear of their lives :(

What's really odd is he said the housekeeper's phone was dead, so he told the other housekeeper to call her family to say she was staying the night. Why didn't he let her use his phone or Amy's phone to call her husband about staying over?

What's really odd is he said the housekeeper's phone was dead, so he told the other housekeeper to call her family to say she was staying the night. Why didn't he let her use his phone or Amy's phone to call her husband about staying over?

Exactly. The phone was dead? As in battery was dead? I'm sure that house had chargers. It's very strange, imo, that SS made the call rather than the housekeeper "whose phone was dead."

IMO

Maybe they were all messages sent legitimately in hopes that they would look and sound okay to whoever the intruder was but would alarm the housekeeper enough that she would alert the police.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1