DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless it is a french door in the back of the house which only has glass in the top half and the boot mark is on the bottom part of it where there is no glass?

That door in the photo is a single hung door. Not a French door. French doors don't have door jams with a door knob next to them. Not how they work.

I guess it could be sort of like this door...but this doesn't look like the ones that are seen at the house in the front.

french-door-300x225.jpg

But even at that...the photo Popsicle posted yesterday with the plywood covering the hole left by the door being removed...that was a single hung door.

Nope.

Bruce Leshan ‏@BruceLeshan [video=twitter;606221258297098240]https://twitter.com/BruceLeshan/status/606221258297098240[/video]
Plywood covers side door at #Savopoulos mansion. Police found a boot print. @wusa9

That would be on the left of the home from the front of the home. The side that has the driveway does not have a side door that I can see. On the left of the home is where the green and white stripped awning is I am thinking the french doors are on that end and it is where you can the play set up on a small hill. jmo idk

There was a case near where I live and the person who was stalking someone was across the street holding a whipper snipper lawn tool and walking back and forth on the boulevard. Dozens of people glanced at him but everyone assumed he was part of a lawn service. No one paid any attention to him because he was holding some sort of lawn tool. Could be what he did here. Possibly. JMO

Hey Pop...

I am still so confused about this. Because the photo of the boot print is NOT on a French door. Do you have any explanation for that?

The photo of the boot print is on a side door. A reporter on Twitter said the side door was removed and taken away by investigators. Someone up thread posted an image of a boarded up doorway on the side of the house. That's where the boot print was found. Maybe whoever typed up the affidavit doesn't know what a French door is?

Since the affidavits were released yesterday, does it then mean we're going to get more
Info, evidence or possible arrests sooner/later? Is there a systematic way that the LE's
release info.

I'm still a bit puzzled and it could be just me. It just feels like there was some inside knowledge and I have no proof. The B&E happening while the alarm system was disabled, how would DW know that? Wearing gloves, trying to leave no evidence, taking the DVR, the phones (seems planned). I keep asking myself if I'd have my month old driver to drop off 40k and leave it car seat. It's just not all computing yet, I need more memory.

I don't understand the employee having all that money in his pockets.
It seems an odd way to collect money

I think I remember reading that at least a portion of the money was not bagged, it was loose, stuck in a compartment on the door. (I don't have s link but I can find.) You'd think you'd bag it!

$10,000 in hundred dollar bills is not a large stack of money. It is a small wad of bills that can be folded and put in your pocket. Fugitive squad leader said they saw a "wad" of hundreds in a door compartment of the truck in full view.

I think of most hostage situations as involving taking someone away, holding them in a safe place. Its seems far more risky, to me, to stay in the house. And yet he/they pulled it off.

I wonder if the door broken door leads into a room for entertaining guests, and not a room where during a normal day anyone would be in. I get the impression it is because of the awning, which could be a patio space used for extra space during parties. If it is the case, then IMO the murderer(s) knew the layout of the house, and knew this was the most likely best entry to get in without being heard or seen by the occupants.

I'm still a bit puzzled and it could be just me. It just feels like there was some inside knowledge and I have no proof. The B&E happening while the alarm system was disabled, how would DW know that? Wearing gloves, trying to leave no evidence, taking the DVR, the phones (seems planned). I keep asking myself if I'd have my month old driver to drop off 40k and leave it car seat. It's just not all computing yet, I need more memory.

It seems DW had some confidence that he was going to succeed and be able to get away with this crime. How could he know about what kind of alarm system was being used?
I have a friend who has a very, very large home, and when certain computers are passed, it starts recording without visibly turning on, she can keep an eye on the several
housekeepers even while in her office or kitchen. Or ... Cloud DVR? IDK... and all
The cars in driveway, not to mention closed garage, how would he know who was about?
With this horrified home envision, he must have thought he could get away with it?

I wonder if the door broken door leads into a room for entertaining guests, and not a room where during a normal day anyone would be in. I get the impression it is because of the awning, which could be a patio space used for extra space during parties. If it is the case, then IMO the murderer(s) knew the layout of the house, and knew this was the most likely best entry to get in without being heard or seen by the occupants.

I'm thinking leads into a pantry area off the kitchen. Perhaps, from the inside, the door may open outward.

It seems DW had some confidence that he was going to succeed and be able to get away with this crime. How could he know about what kind of alarm system was being used?
I have a friend who has a very, very large home, and when certain computers are passed, it starts recording without visibly turning on, she can keep an eye on the several
housekeepers even while in her office or kitchen. Or ... Cloud DVR? IDK... and all
The cars in driveway, not to mention closed garage, how would he know who was about?
With this horrified home envision, he must have thought he could get away with it?

Looks like you got the same feeling about stuff I do, good input.

I'm thinking leads into a pantry area off the kitchen. Perhaps, from the inside, the door may open outward.
It is possible. I just think if it is off the kitchen, anyone could be in there at any given time and react before they could enter. So many unanswered questions.

OMG - I open the puter today to see the headline from NBC Today show dated June 4, 2015:

Police Focus on Savopoulos Assistant in DC Murder Case

This is part of what's so infuriating about MSM standards these days! ALL of the information being reported as new in that video is old - it. Same old search warrants that are dated back to May 13, 14 and 15 for example, are being presented as current happenings.

The police search warrants weren't focused on JW's phone because they included the families' and VF's cell phones. Why not report that police are focusing on VF?

Give me the cut and dried facts of the case, not the reporters' opinion and spin.

Sheesh. News people writing/reporting stories that include their irresponsible opinions rather than facts.

I don't have a problem if they're reporting that "police have confirmed that they are focusing on ________" - otherwise, it's just speculation and innuendo much like we do here.

-------------------------------------
Truth: search warrants for SS, AS, VF and JW were executed WEEKS AGO, but documents only recently released to public.

NOT the Truth: police are "focusing" on JW. In other cases, when someone is being focused on, they are reported as being a Person of Interest. I haven't seen this from LE yet.

Irresponsible. If it turns out JW is innocent, I hope heads will roll and lawsuits will provide some sort of protection against for future sensational and irresponsible reporting.

FWIW, I wouldn't have a problem with reporting it as "it APPEARS that LE focused on, or may be focusing on..." Anything along those lines where it's made clear in no uncertain terms that these are the reporters' opinions and not facts being quoted from anyone in LE.

Grrrr. and I'm still standing on my soapbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hygate