DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am surprised people keep their passports in the car. Thats a potentially valuable document and can be used for identity theft and nothing in your car is completely secure. I can understand if you have to frequently travel abroad or often need ID in addition to a driver's license, (or don't have a driver's license but that obviously doesn't apply) but I don't see that in JW's case.

I am agnostic on his involvement. I see three possible scenarios:

1. JW was involved, the link to DW, and this was a Fargo type situation where the muscle he brought on was far more violent than anticipated. I haven't seen anything to convince me of this and I haven't seen any link between the two men (the proximity of two large apartment complexes isn't enough for me). The lies, the passport and the scrutiny thats coming out now point to JW's involvement but I see compelling arguments to the contrary for all these things.

2. DW acted alone. This has the most support simply because he's the one known assailant. But wouldn't threading the needle on this crime take some serious planning and was he in a position to do that?

3. There is a whole different scenario than we know of and the LE leaks are designed to reduce the heat on the others. That is just a third guess with petty much no support.

BBM

I think that what I said got misinterpreted to be saying that people ' keep their passports in their car.' What I said was that my husband often has him on him because he needs a second ID quite often because he is an independent contractor who needs a passport in order to be paid. So he keeps his in his computer bag. [---kept NOT in the car] But if he was pulled over, his passport would be found 'in the car.'

My daughter travels a lot for work and takes her passport along and so hers is quite often in her purse, which is in HER CAR while she is driving it. Again, if she were stopped, her passport would be with her , in her car.

So I was just trying to make the point that just because he had his passport with him, it does not necessarily mean he was fleeing the country. JMO

POST SPAN. INQUIS: "I'm saying it would be visually obvious that SS would see that paperwork gone and if he didn't know that would be the latest registration that would be all the less reason to steal it rather than serve as an incentive. If you take the only vehicle registration doc from your boss's car and you don't see that it's been replaced by a newer doc, that's pretty blatant."

He steals the reg. to doctor a new copy. He knows SS is not ever going to find out as he will be gone. It was about CARS CARS CARS JMO IMHO etc.​

If one was missing I'd agree with you.

That boot print looks strange the more I look at it ... something about the"shape" of the print seems weird
It looks like an overlap of two imprints to me. Lighter one coming in from right angle, and darker one coming in from left angle.

I don't know about 2. For no. 1, all we know is that JW told LE he put the money in the Mosler.

POST SPAN. INQUIS: "I'm saying it would be visually obvious that SS would see that paperwork gone and if he didn't know that would be the latest registration that would be all the less reason to steal it rather than serve as an incentive. If you take the only vehicle registration doc from your boss's car and you don't see that it's been replaced by a newer doc, that's pretty blatant."

He steals the reg. to doctor a new copy. He knows SS is not ever going to find out as he will be gone. It was about CARS CARS CARS JMO IMHO etc.​

Until LE discloses what if any items were stolen from the house, we won't really know if it was primarily about the cars. The CD's reference "robbery". If the cars are all accounted for, how is LE substantiating robbery? Also, isn't moving a stolen car hard these days? Especially exotic cars like the Mosler and the Bentley??? And then why torch the sweet Porsche Cabriolet? Help me out folks.

okay, so i just want to make sure i have everything correct. Sometimes it's hard here because it seems people go off on a subject that we don't know to be fact and then it looks like it is a fact.

1. Do we know for sure 100% that the money was put in the mosler?

2. Did they tow the mosler from the house?

Thanks in advance. :loveyou:

On #1 I'd say there's a lot of disagreement as to what, how and which car may have been used, so I'd say no (money for instance may have been put in another red car or there may have been no money drop at all) while on #2 I've seen no reports that the Mosler has been towed.

Heather Hutchinson ‏@H2dcphotog [video=twitter;606889622434676737]https://twitter.com/H2dcphotog/status/606889622434676737[/video]
Reams of evidence tape removed from the #Savapolous home. MPD is done collecting evidence. Woodlawn Dr NW is open.

I think it means that arrests can be made or at least another round of interviews with folks investigators are focused on. Now, it can not be claimed that investigation was rush to judgement before all evidence at crime scene collected that might indicate a different perp or be exculpating.

Earlier on, an LE "expert" said there was a great deal of evidence in the house to sift through. It was the upstairs area that suffered the most fire damage, not downstairs.

And by now, would not LE know how the Box Car was obtained and who fetched it even if not clear what it was going to be used for?

I am so impatient.

It seems like two boot prints on top of each other - like the same person tried to kick the door once, it didn't budge, then they kicked it again. Maybe?

Could be. The kick pattern looks like maybe a right foot (bottom) and left foot (darker top). If so, is it the same boot from 1 person or 2?

Registration to the Mosler

I thought we knew that...??? That is what I was looking for when I got the VIN registration. So confused! Is there more?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why can't i find that anywhere? Can you help me find it? My computer is really slow and it's hard to find stuff sometimes. TY

IM at the gym on my iPad so can't provide link. Google wint and charging document.
And check out pp4-5/8 of the charging doc. Reference to red sports car in garage. There was a photo after the crime with garage door open and you could see the Mosler. Sorry can't find that photo now.

On #1 I'd say there's a lot of disagreement as to what, how and which car may have been used, so I'd say no (money for instance may have been put in another red car or there may have been no money drop at all) while on #2 I've seen no reports that the Mosler has been towed.

thank you. I would think that if detectives thought it was the mosler, that would have been the car they would have most wanted towed so they could check for fingerprints etc....

I have a general question that is probably silly. The SW for the BMW was originally signed on 5/15, and says the items were collected on 5/21. Did they take his car on 5/14 from the crime scene? I was assuming that was the case, but just want to see if anyone can confirm that. And then if they had his car since then, why would they wait almost a week to collect these items?

TIA... like I said, these are probably silly questions

I think it means that arrests can be made or at least another round of interviews with folks investigators are focused on. Now, it can not be claimed that investigation was rush to judgement before all evidence at crime scene collected that might indicate a different perp or be exculpating.

Earlier on, an LE "expert" said there was a great deal of evidence in the house to sift through. It was the upstairs area that suffered the most fire damage, not downstairs.

And by now, would not LE know how the Box Car was obtained and who fetched it even if not clear what it was going to be used for?

I am so impatient.

Having collected the evidence vs processed it are two different things. jmo

The killers may have realized they had been noticed and that forced them to abort their original plan.

I think the reason only DW is in custody is because the prosecutor intends to cut a deal in exchange for information. Nobody else will get any deal.

JMO

IMO there will be no deal of any sort for the guy that left his DNA at the scene and walked away with blood on his shoe.
No possible way he gets a deal of any kind. He beat three people to death after kidnapping them and tortured and burned a ten year old boy to death

I thought we knew that...??? That is what I was looking for when I got the VIN registration. So confused! Is there more?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. Just someone catching up.

I have a general question that is probably silly. The SW for the BMW was originally signed on 5/15, and says the items were collected on 5/21. Did they take his car on 5/14 from the crime scene? I was assuming that was the case, but just want to see if anyone can confirm that. And then if they had his car since then, why would they wait almost a week to collect these items?

TIA... like I said, these are probably silly questions

The only thing i can think of is that maybe they started getting information that was leading them away from suspecting JW and they were more focused on those things. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper