DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bruce Leshan said yes, they took his car in on May 14th when he returned to the Savopoulos' house.

Thanks Popsicle! Just like I figured. So that means he was with LE when the Porsche was seen and then torched hours later.

Lots of people keep it on during the day! Especially if we're not frequently in and out. Example: I work most of the day in my office at the back of the house and wouldn't hear someone breaking down the front door, let alone climbing through a window :/ I have office machines, TV or radio on alwayys and I'd ESPECIALLY hate to be caught unawares while sitting on the pot. Some bathrooms have fans (lol) that turn on when you turn on the light and I would never hear anything when I'm in there.

Many crimes are crimes of opportunity and if the house looks like no one's home, they'll take a chance - smash, grab and go. It's always on so I have to turn it off to open the door and get deliveries, but I don't mind that a bit. Nothing's foolproof when criminals want to break in, but I feel safer in my mind at least.

I'd be absolutely paranoid if I lived/worked in a house of 10,000 sf! That's incredibly huge and especially with old homes built so solidly, it could be doubtful you'd hear what's going on in another part of the house depending on where you are vs a break-in.

I do understand people feeling a little more secure when other people are in the house, though, and maybe not arming the system, but not me. It happens once, you don't take it for granted again.
I'm right there with you. And IMO, that house had way too many doors for my liking... And old wooden doors, too.

Finding JW's green BMW one block from the crime scene pretty much tells me that he is the one who stole the Porsche.

JMO

With the street blocked off with MPD and the FD he had to park away from the house when he arrived back there.

Finding JW's green BMW one block from the crime scene pretty much tells me that he is the one who stole the Porsche.

JMO

Yep. He told LE he headed to the crime scene as soon as he learned of the fire.

He had to explain why his car would be found parked a block away.

JMO

Yep. He told LE he headed to the crime scene as soon as he learned of the fire.

He had to explain why his car would be found parked a block away.

JMO

Can you explain then how LE got him into interrogation? That day? The day the SW was executed, after his interview with him??

I haven't had the time to track this lately but did get a chance to read the warrants.

I noticed a discrepancy between the number of bundles of cash the accountant gave JW and the number of bundles that were in the photograph shown to LEOs by JW.

Is the conclusion that two bundles of cash were missing? Or should the LEOs have written two bundles were not visible, which prevents us from concluding two were missing?

I think I just fell off the fence I was leaning on.

Agree x 100. I had really been on the fence- part of me can see the lies being due to stress, the pictures and texts never screamed guilty to me, etc.

But if they found his car a block away, and he wasn't there, I just got pushed off the fence.

It was confirmed that he was in Virginia when the fire was set, IIRC?? By video from the hardware store or cell location?

POST: "The CD said the Manilla envelope was in W-1's car...NOT the Mosler."

RIGHT! And now I see how the new stories and other posters get details wrong. nd I don't know if I mis-read the CD or got a news tory mixed up with the CD.

FROM CD:

W- I stated what aclually happened was the other employee took four bundles of money from the employee,s pockets and placed the money in a red bag which belonged to W- l. W- I then drove to Mr. Savopoulos, house and called Mr. Savopoulos ten minutes before IT arrived at the home.
Mr. Savopoulos told w-l to leave the mon ey in the car inside rhe garage. w-t stal.ed, when IT arrived at Mr. Savopoulos' garage, IT placed the money inside a manila envelope that was inIT's car. Afler placing the money in thc envelope w- I srated IT placed rhe envelope on the drivers seat of the car h tie garage.

Sorry! Trying to set off the pertinent parts of he CD under discussion but tech challenged.

And her I do see "red bag" now.

So I confirm what I said about the CD not stating that according to JW he put the red bag in the manilla envelope, but I stand firmly corrected on his statement as to where the MANILA envelope was. He contends it was in his own car, which would suggest he means the manila envelope he mentioned in his earlier account.

Agree x 100. I had really been on the fence- part of me can see the lies being due to stress, the pictures and texts never screamed guilty to me, etc.

But if they found his car a block away, and he wasn't there, I just got pushed off the fence.

It was confirmed that he was in Virginia when the fire was set, IIRC?? By video from the hardware store or cell location?

He was there though...with his car.

So wait. Was he driving his own car that day? If so, I don't find it odd in the least bit they found no evidence. Anyone with half a brain would not come back to a crime scene with anything incriminating in their car. If involved, he had to know LE would be swarming that place. I'm suspicious of him for sure, but then I'm wondering why he hasn't been arrested if he's involved as its been 3 weeks? Surely they've had time to comb through all his belongings?

It has been reported in msm that JW drove to the house after he learned of the fire, while texting and calling AS and SS.
Where would you expect his car to be? Of course it's close to the house.

Video confirmed he was at Lowe's at noon. At the time the fire started, his cell phone pinged in Virginia. I don't believe they have video and that's why they got a sw to track his location for days leading up to the fire/murders.

JMO

He drove to the home once he heard about fire, streets were blocked off and he had to park a block away!

He was there though...with his car.

Ah okay... I, and it seems like maybe others here in some other posts, were under the impression this seems like maybe they thought he was the one that then took the Porsche. Meaning he parked a block away, and then left in the Porsche. I need to read this latest SW still. Does the SW say he was there when the parked car was found?

Once more information comes out, I'll be really interested to see what JW's day was like on Thursday. At the bank at 9am, doesn't drop off the package until close to 10:30, then heads out to Virginia, misses a call from SS just before noon, somehow gets word of the fire in less than 20 minutes after fire trucks are dispatched, and then his car is found a block away from the house.

I still slipped off the fence I had been on though...

IMO only

Of all the SW's released so far this is the only one we have seen the return on.

So wait. Was he driving his own car that day? If so, I don't find it odd in the least bit they found no evidence. Anyone with half a brain would not come back to a crime scene with anything incriminating in their car. If involved, he had to know LE would be swarming that place. I'm suspicious of him for sure, but then I'm wondering why he hasn't been arrested if he's involved as its been 3 weeks? Surely they've had time to comb through all his belongings?

It's not surprising he hasn't been arrested. That doesn't mean LE are not following his every move while this is being presented to a grand jury. JW is a witness, after all. LE did the same thing to Drew Peterson.

JW, at the moment, is caught between a rock and a very hard place.

JMO

It's not surprising he hasn't been arrested. That doesn't mean LE are not following his every move while this is being presented to a grand jury. JW is a witness, after all. LE did the same thing to Drew Peterson.

JW, at the moment, is caught between a rock and a very hard place.

JMO

Oh he might, you know, just be innocent. Sometimes police suspect people who are actually innocent.

Clearly he drove to the scene and had to park a block away. They waited until he left -- taken to the station I assume -- and got the SW. This doesn't mean he's implicated but in order to get the search warrant they would have to have probable cause that evidence was in the car (which is not the same thing as probably cause to believe he committed a crime, but in this case I assume its pretty much the same thing). Perhaps the lie was sufficient to provide that, in which case it means that whatever explanation he gave for lying was not credible.

This doesn't mean he's involved, after all they didn't find anything. But at least on the day of the murders LE had some level of suspicion.

I think he probably did drive his own car to pick up and deliver the money. The question is, after he dropped off the money, did he take the Porsche? LE would be able to find the answer from traffic and security cameras at Lowe's where he went at Noon.

JMO

I have a hard time believing he could case the house without being observed. 32nd Street curves around before it reaches Woodland so you can't see anything if you are back at the busy intersection at Cleveland Ave. So he would have to observe from somewhere in Mass Ave Heights and as I've written before, its pretty deserted there and he would absolutely stick out...

I think it is completely plausible for DW to be up that area during the day and even go unnoticed. We are talking about an affluent area of Washington DC. We are not talking about an area that is sacrosanct, nor are we talking about a gated community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radiodial