DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, regarding the license plates on the Mosler. If the plan was to steal it and drive it across town to a storage place, why not just put some fake tags on it in preparation? That way if it is photographed at one of our trusty NSA license-plate snapshot spots, it won't be traceable quickly. If at all. Those could be old plates for the explicit reason of stealing the car.

Good question about the plates...
IIRC, "red car" was the terminology of the text instructions sent by SS (DW) ...leave the package on the drivers seat of red car in the garage

My husband used to own a Corvette. He always referred to it as the Vette--not silver car. He traded it in for a 370Z. He has never called it the black car. I do refer to our cars as the black one, blue one, etc. Maybe the person sending the text was either female with little interests in cars or did not know the name of the car.

Good question about the plates...
IIRC, "red car" was the terminology of the text instructions sent by SS (DW) ...leave the package on the drivers seat of red car in the garage

Not sure if someone else already said this because I haven't yet read the subsequent posts, but I wonder if the reference to "red car" indicates it's DW, not SS, who sent the text. SS would know that JW would know what a Mosler was, plus SS himself obviously knows it's a Mosler. DW, however, probably doesn't know it's a Mosler, so called it a red car.

Not sure if someone else already said this because I haven't yet read the subsequent posts, but I wonder if the reference to "red car" indicates it's DW, not SS, who sent the text. SS would know that JW would know what a Mosler was, plus SS himself obviously knows it's a Mosler. DW, however, probably doesn't know it's a Mosler, so called it a red car.

I think that's it. I also wonder if SS was hoping the "red car" phrase might make JW suspicious enough to alert someone.
Hearing the special baby, the Mosler MT900s...one of only 20 ever made worth over half a million dollars-referred to as the "red car" would be like a kick in the nuts for JW

I think that's it. I also wonder if SS was hoping the "red car" phrase might make JW suspicious enough to alert someone.
Hearing the special baby, the Mosler MT900s...one of only 20 ever made worth over half a million dollars-referred to as the "red car" would be like a kick in the nuts for JW

Since we don't know exactly what the actual text said, it could also be JW playing cool with LE with the fact that it was a Mosler. "The red car" doesn't sound all that incriminating.

So many posts, so little time. Finally somebody has said what I've thought all along. JW wanted to race/own that Mosler. I've quit positing theories because it's so tiring to have to defend them. It's just a theory. :) But look at JW. He has spent his young adulthood doing everything he can to rub shoulders with the people he envies. Did you guys take a look at that Imagine Lifestyles place he worked for? Fancy cars, yachts, homes - all for rent for incredible sums of money. Why would he choose to work there? Networking. Contacts. Sponsorships. Maybe marks.

This Mosler registration in his backpack.... That just has "plan" written all over it. His lies seem to revolve around that Mosler. Maybe he was supposed to drive it away to a storage place when he dropped the money off to DW. But something happened. Maybe the key wasn't where he though it was. Maybe DW was only supposed to get money out of SS because JW already thought he knew where the keys were. I don't think he ever got that car unlocked. I think their plan was foiled somehow. By the time the money arrived, thinking he would just get the key and hide the car for later somewhere, SS was dead or unresponsive. Now the Mosler was stuck.

This is one possible scenario. There are too many things that point directly to the Mosler. Maybe DW was supposed to drive it away. I don't think this was just about money. JW wanted the lifestyle. Imagine Lifestyles.

I can't include the registration for the Mosler on a list of "explainable" coincidences. He wanted it. If he didn't plan to keep it but fence it, then he needed someone with the connections to get that done. Enter DW. As we looked at many threads ago, there is a market abroad for high-end stolen cars and a big racket that supplies them.

Great post! Well said!!

You beat met to it privateaye! I was just going to post this. A non-car person sent that text using SS's phone. Car guys refer to a car's make, not color! That much I know.

You beat met to it privateaye! I was just going to post this. A non-car person sent that text using SS's phone. Car guys refer to a car's make, not color! That much I know.

Even if the text said "red car" - what are the odds he would also call it that to LE? Wouldn't he mention it was a red car - the Mosler? After all, it was never a "red car" to him. We know that much. :)

Okay, give me a spank for not being thoroughly "caught up" here, but is it possible to obtain the title for a "limited" Mosler with no additional paperwork other than an expired registration (that's in someone else's name)? And, a Mosler tied to a murdered family?

I've been a fence-sitter with regard to JW's involvement... I can't easily explain away his initial lies nor the very close proximity of family home related to DW. However, none of this absconding with the Mosler seems possible. But, then again... I don't know anything about the business of vehicle theft.

Now THAT is an interesting thought. So the theory would be that he snagged a photo of a mosler off the internet and posted it?

I looked through lots of google images and didn't turn up the exact photo, but that doesn't mean it's not on some specialized racing/automotive blog/pinterest board, etc. someplace.

Or Savvas drove JW in the Mosler and JW posted a picture acting as if he were the driver. I haven't seen any pics or videos of JW driving the Mosler..just JW saying he drove the Mosler..IMO

If the Mosler had a legal Florida plate, it would have to be titled in Florida, I am pretty sure. I do not think that one state will register a car titled in another. And to title a car in Florida, I'm pretty sure you have to give a Florida address. It could be a business with a Florida address. Does anyone remember any names of SS businesses besides AIW (American Iron Works) and Sigma Investment Enterprises? Neither of those businesses are registered to do business in Florida, nor are there any vehicles titled (or registered) in either's name in Florida.

Yes, maybe, but definitely not to the extent of him missing a big meeting with a potential client had he been at AIW at week. Much easier to explain to those helping out at the dojo imo[/QUOTE

I bet SS's phone was ringing like crazy, with the grand opening Friday there was probably tons of people flying in from out of town, plus... so many last minute details,
but wouldn't WJ know this? I don't think this crime was supposed to continue 19 hours!
DW/? got SS to the house at 6:00pm Wednesday, something didn't pan out, and DW/?
had to now wait for money transaction from bank.

Even if the text said "red car" - what are the odds he would also call it that to LE? Wouldn't he mention it was a red car - the Mosler? After all, it was never a "red car" to him. We know that much. :)

I am not totally up to speed on what was said versus what was texted versus what was reported as said and texted, but if the text said "red car" that struck me as odd. If JW said "red car" that does too. But maybe he was verbalizing the exact content of the text. IDK, I get confused as is obvious. lol

If the Mosler had a legal Florida plate, it would have to be titled in Florida, I am pretty sure. I do not think that one state will register a car titled in another. And to title a car in Florida, I'm pretty sure you have to give a Florida address. It could be a business with a Florida address. Does anyone remember any names of SS businesses besides AIW (American Iron Works) and Sigma Investment Enterprises? Neither of those businesses are registered to do business in Florida, nor are there any vehicles titled (or registered) in either's name in Florida.

I saved this link a few weeks ago, not sure of reliability, but it's a tie to a FL business.

http://www.ampllc.us/

American Management Professionals LLC
18 Sandpiper Dr
St Augustine FL

**This may be PS (father of SS), but for some reason I think it's also associated with SS.

Okay, give me a spank for not being thoroughly "caught up" here, but it is it possible to obtain the title for a "limited" Mosler with no additional paperwork other than an expired registration (that's in someone else's name)? And, a Mosler tied to a murdered family?

I've been a fence-sitter with regard to JW's involvement... I can't easily explain away his initial lies nor the very close proximity of family home related to DW. However, none of this absconding with the Mosler seems possible. But, then again... I don't know anything about the business of vehicle theft.

Yes. I'm leaning toward the guy whose car when searched contained the cash and knives along with his DNA at the scene plus the victims blood on his shoe being the "mastermind" of this whole thing

Having a two year old expired registration and thinking that could be parlayed into a clean title so it could be sold on the black market is very tenuous. JMO

Okay, give me a spank for not being thoroughly "caught up" here, but it is it possible to obtain the title for a "limited" Mosler with no additional paperwork other than an expired registration (that's in someone else's name)? And, a Mosler tied to a murdered family?

I think not being criminals isn't working in our favor here. :)

Remember way back, when we were looking at fencing operations of very luxurious cars that get shipped overseas? It's a big racket, and all those cars were also originally legit. Yet somehow the racket works. I think DW's involvement tends to point to something like this, especially since his go-to travel van was an Amerit truck (!!), but I'm open to other suggestions...

Maybe JW and DW thought they could get this done on their own if they know enough of how that stuff works and have a few connections.

I think DW knows it's a Mosler. People who are into cars know nice cars, even if he can't afford it. My husband can spot Ferrari or Lambo from a mile away. We vacation in Dubai pretty often but when we first went I was freaked out by the "fast cars"... my husband would look at me like I was crazy because I called Lambo a fast sports car. "It's not just a fast sports car, that's a Lambo!" And I just look at him like "whatever, take me to the mall" lol

I do like your thinking that that was DW sending those texts though.

JW lived and worked in Florida. Maybe he knows whose plates they are.

AND, if he said red car, why didn't JW need to clarify which red car?

I saved this link a few weeks ago, not sure of reliability, but it's a tie to a FL business.

http://www.ampllc.us/

American Management Professionals LLC
18 Sandpiper Dr
St Augustine FL

**This may be PS (father of SS), but for some reason I think it's also associated with SS.

Thanks. Searched for vehicle registrations and nothing of interest. No ties to SS in corporate filings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1