DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right, it makes no sense, it makes no sense to stab, torture, burn, kill etc..The whole thing is senseless imo

I'm scratching my head over the suggestion that a rarely driven, exotic sports car parked in a family's secure garage can be "easily carjacked."

IMO People who need parts for Moslers usually sub with other make parts. Some use Subaru parts, Ferrari even. Mosler parts are unusual to be found for sale since so few were produced.

Oh, don't know much about Moslers and didn't know that.

So it is a super expensive derivative? Kind of a kit car that puts a bunch of parts together but doesn't manufacture any itself?

Should have known that, I guess, because I think I read somewhere that they use a modified LS-2.

Who does their suspension and sheet metal?

That seems plausible. But wouldn't his employees at the dojo be wondering where the heck he was?

AIW knew he was at the dojo and the dojo people were mainly contractors so they weren't concerned where he was. The missing phones tell the story. Can't you get the texts and records off a phone even if you don't have them physically?

I feel like W1 had nothing at all to do with this horrific massacre, except I can't figure out why in the world he would lie to the police? It seems like it's criminals who lie to police....

I am wondering who, if any, of the bunch of 4-5 in the box truck and car with DWint were involved in the plan, or, did DWint just get them all involved afterwards, and all were excited to see all those green dollar bills?

WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME: Was that box truck stolen? Why a box truck - 1st thing they stumbled on to steal? Need for a box truck??? WHERE IN THE WORLD WERE THEY ALL GOING????? The lead arresting officer said the entire group was stunned when they got arrested - they'd had no idea that they had been tailed from the hotel. WHERE WERE THEY ALL GOING?? And another thing, it seems to me that logically a group of criminals would SPLIT UP, NOT collect together in a big group of 4-5-6??? So wierd.

Do you think some outsider knows where the rest of the loot is hidden, or just that core group of the 4-5-6 of them?

And a comment about the comments about what'all happened inside the house: Go read about DWint threatening that mom & her tot a few years back - he's a scary dude. And, IMO, educated, refined people like Mrs. & Mr. S., and Mr. S owning a big company and used to being 'boss', well, IMO I expect that all of the adults would have done exactly what they were told to do - until their mouths were taped, Mr. and Mrs. S, IMO, would be saying 'Take anything you want, just please don't hurt us.' IMO it's too heartbreaking to think about what took place in that home beyond letting it go at that impression.

Also, IMO, when Mr. S got home, unless he could 'win', IMO Mr. S would have complied with DWint. I've known a whole lot of strong people, martial arts sorts, power lifters, strong bouncers, strong brave people, and IMO if Mr. S felt he had any likelihood of 'winning', he would have tried. IMO, I imagine when Mr. S walked in, maid, Mrs. S and little boy were all restrained, and Mr. S put his hands up and said he'd do whatever Wint wanted - just please don't hurt any of us...

I lean to thinking Wint did the crime all alone - it just seems like that to me. About the pizza, no brainer, IMO, Wint got hungry and wanted a pizza delivered. No more, no less. I NEVER IN A ZILLION YEARS would guess that I could get in trouble by my pizza crust. And that is why I am not and never will be a criminal (I would botch everything, and could never remember all the 'parts', eg, take battery out of cell phone, dump cell phone.... yawn)>

(EDIT ... The quote I meant to insert isn't here, and it is pages back. Sorry, I'm new here.)

This is precisely why I consider JW responsible for the crimes.

I absolutely am convinced that there's an analyst or two somewhere making Venn diagrams of the overlap in people's social media accounts. I believe it will be found that JW set this chain of events in motion by bringing the SS household to the attention of violent, organized criminals. You know, the ones in the somewhat tough area where the JW family home was, near DW and his criminal brother. Why wouldn't they have overlapping social circles? My next question is whether JW's involvement was criminal. Was he more involved? I just don't know, yet.

That question is what has me reading hundreds of posts here a day. Chief Lanier
has said someone else was involved. They are preceding very carefully in charging the other involved party or parties.

If JW is criminally involved, it would be extremely difficult to make the case in front of a DC jury. Unlike DW, as it stated in the charging documents, JW had been an employee with reason to have been at the crime scene(s), so the prosecutor cannot use his fingerprints, etc., as proof of anything. Also, JW's dad is a cop. You don't change a cop's kid with MURDER if you aren't sure, even more so than you don't charge most people without lots of evidence. It isn't just a professional courtesy, it is that if Dad is any good at his job, he'll certainly provide valuable assistance in defending his (28 year old) son.

As an aside, DW came to the US as a young adult, and quickly set out to distinguish himself as a criminal. Wouldn't it be likely that he had criminal connections in his homeland? Or do we think he suddenly transformed into a bad guy upon arrival? Perhaps there's a market easier market in Guyana for stolen super cars? That said, I'm in no way committed to the idea that cars were a motive for these crimes. There's a level of complexity in stealing and selling luxury and super cars that I cannot see these guys having. So far, the cast of characters is too impulsive, in my eyes, to be into something like that. ...Unless this is indeed a future Coen Brothers movie writing itself.

Oh, don't know much about Moslers and didn't know that.

So it is a super expensive derivative? Kind of a kit car that puts a bunch of parts together but doesn't manufacture any itself?

Should have known that, I guess, because I think I read somewhere that they use a modified LS-2.

Who does their suspension and sheet metal?

Seriously?!
Look at my screenname! MOM! LOL!

f

From what I undersrand, the accountant was in Hyattsville, which is where the bank was. I am surmising that someone wanted to make sure the driver was doing the delivering to the home where the victims were being held. There might be reason they didn't think the accountant would leave money in a car without questioning it. And I think they probably wouldn't have wanted the money dropped off at the dojo because SS wasn't really there and the killers weren't there. Idk.

Is everyone else getting numerous posts from kammiemc with all the attached quotes over and over again? Maybe it is just me IDK

I'm scratching my head over the suggestion that a rarely driven, exotic sports car parked in a family's secure garage can be "easily carjacked."

SS had given JW access to the Mosler one time that we know of. Why wouldn't there be another?

The family was scheduled to go to Colorado soon. Seems like it would have been easier to hit the house then and steal some cars, rather than do a home invasion.

If this whole thing was about the prized Mosler then why didnt they steal it that night? They could have stolen the cars while the family was tied up/ why didn't they if this was about cars?

. ...how did JW enter and exit the garage? That has yet to be confirmed. Did he have a garage door opener? In reviewing the list of items from the SW no garage door "opener" was found in his car? Did he have one on a key chain?
.... In the CD and SW it just states he "closed the door to same" ... but how?
bbm sbm

Does S home alarm system allow occupant to open and close garage doors from control panel? If so, seems like good way for S fam to handle JW's access to garage.

Initially would he, esp as a new employee, need access to garage if nobody was home?
GDO on keychain? From security angle, why give this to new employee, w value of vehicles in garage? Ditto, alpha-numeric code.

If just beater car, case of Pennzoil 40-W oil, & can of STP in garage, diff answer. LOL.

Seriously?!
Look at my screenname! MOM! LOL!

I go out of my way not to offend in the interest of self preservation.

I had no reason to believe that you were not an Automotive Engineer!

LOL

(EDIT ... The quote I meant to insert isn't here, and it is pages back. Sorry, I'm new here.)

This is precisely why I consider JW responsible for the crimes.

I absolutely am convinced that there's an analyst or two somewhere making Venn diagrams of the overlap in people's social media accounts. I believe it will be found that JW set this chain of events in motion by bringing the SS household to the attention of violent, organized criminals. You know, the ones in the somewhat tough area where the JW family home was, near DW and his criminal brother. Why wouldn't they have overlapping social circles? My next question is whether JW's involvement was criminal. Was he more involved? I just don't know, yet.

That question is what has me reading hundreds of posts here a day. Chief Lanier
has said someone else was involved. They are preceding very carefully in charging the other involved party or parties.

If JW is criminally involved, it would be extremely difficult to make the case in front of a DC jury. Unlike DW, as it stated in the charging documents, JW had been an employee with reason to have been at the crime scene(s), so the prosecutor cannot use his fingerprints, etc., as proof of anything. Also, JW's dad is a cop. You don't change a cop's kid with MURDER if you aren't sure, even more so than you don't charge most people without lots of evidence. It isn't just a professional courtesy, it is that if Dad is any good at his job, he'll certainly provide valuable assistance in defending his (28 year old) son.

As an aside, DW came to the US as a young adult, and quickly set out to distinguish himself as a criminal. Wouldn't it be likely that he had criminal connections in his homeland? Or do we think he suddenly transformed into a bad guy upon arrival? Perhaps there's a market easier market in Guyana for stolen super cars? That said, I'm in no way committed to the idea that cars were a motive for these crimes. There's a level of complexity in stealing and selling luxury and super cars that I cannot see these guys having. So far, the cast of characters is too impulsive, in my eyes, to be into something like that. ...Unless this is indeed a future Coen Brothers movie writing itself.

I can totally believe that JW blabbed stupidly, blowhardedly, on his SM pages and painted a target on the SS family. And it is possible that he knew DW from the hood and said some things that got this mess started. I am open to that and am afraid it might be so.

But I am not onboard with the theory that he was the mastermind and a cold blooded killer that wanted the Mosler and drove the Porsche to the Lowes while the family burned.

OK, I am tired of the Jordan Wallace debate. I think I will move on until more valid information is revealed. Have a nice evening everyone!!

For me the question is: how did JW enter and exit the garage? That has yet to be confirmed. Did he have a garage door opener? In reviewing the list of items from the SW no garage door "opener" was found in his car? Did he have one on a key chain?

In reviewing news reports from when LE was at the house looking at the safe it was stated they eventually closed the door. I'm assuming they closed it from the "inside."

So, if they had to close the door from the inside ... did JW? ... and if he did, how was he able to exit without getting injured from the door coming down? Did he quickly run underneath the door? In the CD and SW it just states he "closed the door to same" ... but how?

Most garages have a auto remote.

But it seems like dad had too many people that was directly working under him that was not being checked on.

Remember the Mcstay family where the I.T guy acted like he had rights to do certain transactions because of business relations.

But in all honesty. People don't give employees the right to make key decisions without things being verified.

I can totally believe that JW blabbed stupidly, blowhardedly, on his SM pages and painted a target on the SS family. And it is possible that he knew DW from the hood and said some things that got this mess started. I am open to that and am afraid it might be so.

But I am not onboard with the theory that he was the mastermind and a cold blooded killer that wanted the Mosler and drove the Porsche to the Lowes while the family burned.

I'm on the same page as you with this.

Re: garage doors. Many have a switch on the inside of the outer wall of the garage, just by the door. A person stands outside the open door and with one arm reaches inside to hit the switch. The electric safety sensor is located much lower down, usually around ankle level. The door will close just fine and you would not have to run under it as it closes (which would not work since that would trip the safety sensor). HTH

Re: relationship between SS and JW. Obviously, SS liked him. He knew JW through the Autobahn raceway where PS would race. I don't know how long they knew each other, but obviously SS liked him and trusted him enough to offer him a job when JW lost his job at the raceway. He was FB friends with AS and SS. So, in my mind he wasn't just a stranger who had worked for him for a couple of months.

In thinking about the money allegedly delivered to the garage. How do we know the doors were closed?

The posts with 10-15 quotes that scroll forever and have a one-liner comment at the bottom are really cracking me up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member