DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wondering, since it was reported that none of those arrested with DDW knew about his crime (hard to believe, but they walk free!), if he never said anything to the gf either - until his name was broadcast across the globe?? He was asking those he was arrested with, as reported, to convert the cash...so maybe he wasn't flashing it around...and was just laying low??

Do you think that is even possible?

It would be interesting to know what story he gave them. Umm...I just inherited a lot of cash and I'll pay you $2,500 each to help me convert it into money orders?

Hey! I got 5 of 6 numbers right on the lottery ticket?

I can't go into the store because I have errr...catsup on my shoe?

I need a pack of gum...see if they'll change this $100?

Perhaps they didn't realize he was the guy on TV wanted for quadruple murder. Some people don't watch the news...

Since we are discussing possible SW, can someone help me understand how the release of them works??

As we all know, the SW released last week were all issued the day after the crime...except DDW's, which came out same day as the CD, but wasn't released at the same time. And the only results (called return?) of said SW was from JW's.

Is it a time frame? When the person has been cleared?? (don't think this one is the case, because of all of the drama...LOL)

How does LE decide when to release this information?

I was wondering if they released them when they were done with that part of the investigation. It kind of seems that way.

I am hoping that they release more SW documents and returns this week. I get so excited when we learn more about all of the mysteries surrounding this case. I feel so distraught for the 2 surviving daughters- I hope they find peace and healing over the next few years.
I am looking forward to when they discern if it was DW solo or w/ Co. The cell numbers given in the CD RELEASE (2 of the #'s) had an addendum attached to them- I am thinking that perhaps the numbers WERE REASSIGNED. Can anyone else check those again there is a term- post cut through digits (DDE)- anyone know what this means in LE or technical terms.
Have a great week.

I am wondering, since it was reported that none of those arrested with DDW knew about his crime (hard to believe, but they walk free!), if he never said anything to the gf either - until his name was broadcast across the globe?? He was asking those he was arrested with, as reported, to convert the cash...so maybe he wasn't flashing it around...and was just laying low??

Didn't the g/f claim DW was going to turn himself in? What was he going to turn himself in for if she didn't know?

Didn't the g/f claim DW was going to turn himself in? What was he going to turn himself in for if she didn't know?

Well...he'd assaulted a previous gf and threatened to kill another (along with her infant and friends). He may have threatened her that if she called LE he'd return and stab her just like he did the SS family and VF. Or said it was untrue and he was going to turn himself in and was confident he'd be cleared.

Right. But that was when his name was released on Wednesday. He had been there since Sunday, if I am remembering correctly? Once his name was out there, he really didn't have a choice but to tell her since they were together...but I am wondering if he had told her before that. We may never know, I guess...

I know, right? I was wondering the same thing. Why was he turning himself in then?

He says "HERE< TAKE MY CELL<".....why would she not ask why?

That's why I cannot believe the brother didn't know either. How could that be? Even if he never watches the news, how many people texted or called to say ' Hey man, your bro is wanted for a quadruple murder,dude'

Hopefully they figure out who's boot print that was on the door and he tells on everybody

Right. But that was when his name was released on Wednesday. He had been there since Sunday, if I am remembering correctly? Once his name was out there, he really didn't have a choice but to tell her since they were together...but I am wondering if he had told her before that. We may never know, I guess...

But why didnt they arrest her for harboring a fugitive?

Both W1 and DW knew SS. That's a link, but LE isn't going to disclose to the public everything they know at this time.

You could just as easily say W1 and SS knew each other......it's how you arrange the nuts, you know.

But why didnt they arrest her for harboring a fugitive?

She may have said he told her everything while he was on the way out the door -- then there would be no evidence of trying to conceal or help him.

Well JW thought it was just A-ok to via text from SS to pick up $40K from an accountant and just put it in his car in his garage. I don't care what kind of gofer he was, who does that without serious questions, or he's involved. Did this accountant know $40K was being left in a car in SS garage? Did JW tell him what he was told to do? When SS talked to his sister? in the morning, I wish he would have yelled to her call the police NOW, I believe the perps may have run. We aren't talking about rocket scientists here, how can this case be so complicated?

He was a fairly new employee and may not have felt it was his place to question his boss. I personally do not think he had anything to do with this crime. He is placed at the scene, in the cars and talking to the victim, but that is part of his everyday routine. He can't be so stupid as to post photos of the cars and then rob and murder the victims. He would be the first person the police would look at. This wasn't just a simple burglary. This was a horrific torture and murder of 4 people. IMO he is not a psychopath who participated in this.
I think the case is actually more complicated than blaming the obvious guy.

What's really scary is that DW could slaughter those people and NO ONE including his girlfriend picked up on anything different about him. They are either very disengaged friends or DW is truly a sociopath that can do what he did and never bat an eye.

From the news article found at the link provided:

"Wint has four previous arrests in New York state in the Oswego area; he has at least two assault and harassment convictions from 2007 and an open arrest warrant for violating an order of protection, a source familiar with the investigation tells NBC 4 New York. He also has an assault conviction in Maryland in 2009."

So, Wint went 6 years without an arrest. His previous arrest record indicates he was not the most friendly guy on the block. How does one jump 6 years without being caught committing a crime, then, performs one of the most dastardly, heinous crimes imaginable? If he performed the crime inside the home alone, why only ask for $40,000? That's not a huge sum of money to seek in a ransom of a millionaire. JMO Why would he think murdering these four people would only be worth $40k because it seems, to me anyway, that he should have requested more money. Why did he stay in the home so long, ie., enter one day; exit the next day? My sincere condolences to the family and friends of the Savopoulos family.

I cannot figure out the missing piece(s).

"Wint has four previous arrests in New York state in the Oswego area; he has at least two assault and harassment convictions from 2007 and an open arrest warrant for violating an order of protection, a source familiar with the investigation tells NBC 4 New York. He also has an assault conviction in Maryland in 2009."

So, Wint went 6 years without an arrest. His previous arrest record indicates he was not the most friendly guy on the block. How does one jump 6 years without being caught committing a crime, then, performs one of the most dastardly, heinous crimes imaginable? If he performed the crime inside the home alone, why only ask for $40,000? That's not a huge sum of money to seek in a ransom of a millionaire. JMO Why would he think murdering these four people would only be worth $40k because it seems, to me anyway, that he should have requested more money. Why did he stay in the home so long, ie., enter one day; exit the next day? My sincere condolences to the family and friends of the Savopoulos family.

It really seems with his criminal history he should have been in prison and not roaming the streets to kick in the door at SS home

His criminal history did not stop there though...it just stopped in NY. He continued racking up charges in the DC area.

I am not good at pulling that stuff up...but I know many here are!

YOOHOO!!! We need y'all...

As far as the amount of money...I believe that is all of the cash that could be obtained without SS's actual presence somewhere. But that is just my opinion...

DW has been flagged for deportation. I can't help but wonder why he wasn't flagged before.
"The agency has placed an immigration detainer on Darron Delon Dennis Wint, who was arrested and charged with first-degree murder in last month&#8217;s killings of a D.C. couple, their 10-year-old child and the family&#8217;s housekeeper. ICE officials confirmed that Mr. Wint, who is a citizen of Guyana, could face deportation from the United States if he is convicted."

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...arron-wint-flagged-for-deporta/#ixzz3cRBNbeQI
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

I have had nightmares about this awful, brutal crime.
Four nice people tortured for hours on end.
Two innocent families, left with more bad dreams then I have.
I am thankful that the FBI is involved.

I sure would feel a little bit better if any others involved in this horrible crime were caught and jailed with charges.
hopefully that will happen soon. I have confidence.
murderers who kill good families Make me crazy.
who on earth would kill, rape and burn the Petite Family?
Who on earth would kill the McStay family?

What gets to me the most is that these killers did not care about the children they murdered.
And the families that they destroyed.

There is no excuse. There is just down right Evil people.

DW has been flagged for deportation. I can't help but wonder why he wasn't flagged before.
"The agency has placed an immigration detainer on Darron Delon Dennis Wint, who was arrested and charged with first-degree murder in last month&#8217;s killings of a D.C. couple, their 10-year-old child and the family&#8217;s housekeeper. ICE officials confirmed that Mr. Wint, who is a citizen of Guyana, could face deportation from the United States if he is convicted."

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...arron-wint-flagged-for-deporta/#ixzz3cRBNbeQI
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

OK...I am so confused!!! If he is convicted, would he then be sent to Guyana to serve the rest of his life in THEIR prison? Or are they free to do with him what they want, once he is out of our jurisdiction?

What if they don't hold him??

OMG! I don't like this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members