DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not at all! I only asked because I am hoping he was able to send a text that can help lead to the killer(s). Hoping they screwed up in a major way. Like the Pizza.

Love this! They had some common sense. What 10 year old needs a sleep over? I will probably get hammered for this. Maybe not because it has nothing to do with the whole scheme of things. Breaks my heart to think about him. He was a baby. No doubt his sisters are grappling with it.

They seem like loving, responsible parents. A LOT of 10-year-olds from good, loving, responsible families also do sleepovers. But it's sort of irrelevant in this case.

Love this! They had some common sense. What 10 year old needs a sleep over? I will probably get hammered for this. Maybe not because it has nothing to do with the whole scheme of things. Breaks my heart to think about him. He was a baby. No doubt his sisters are grappling with it.

BBM. Yes, he was a baby. May whoever did this to him rot in H***.

When they're busy with school work, which Philip likely was given the quality of his school, they have less time. Also, many private schools do NOT allow students to have their cell phones on in class, so having one to bring to school is not as much of an issue.

Even most public schools only let kids have them in their backpacks for after school. I don't think they can even bring them out on campus. And it's true, I think a lot (or even most!) parents would prefer their kids to grow up a little slower and not get phones until they are a little older. I had to get one for emergencies, but I put all sort of restrictions on it that my son hates!

I am surprised no one from the apt complex has not come forward to say if DW and JW were ever seen together. Some people enjoy the limelight.

When they're busy with school work, which Philip likely was given the quality of his school, they have less time. Also, many private schools do NOT allow students to have their cell phones on in class, so having one to bring to school is not as much of an issue.

Respectfully, most ten year olds have cell phones. Especially if they have older siblings and are of a well to do family. My youngest, who is PS's age, has a cell phone that he does not take to school. But he has one.

They seem like loving, responsible parents. A LOT of 10-year-olds from good, loving, responsible families also do sleepovers. But it's sort of irrelevant in this case.

Yeah. I am old school. Hated sleepovers. The kids were out of sorts for days. Never understood the benefit of it. MOO. And you are right. It is irrelevant.

Don't want to get too off topic but my kids are both in private school and my daughter has her cell. No they can't take it to school and they don't need it at school but I'm just saying that a 9/10 year old with a cell is common. Not all but a lot of them have them.

That's one of many great questions. If Vera was her employee was proper paperwork/worker's comp insurance, FICA, etc., being paid? idk.

JMO
NG most likely had a contract agency where her "employees" were actually independent contractors. Most temporary and service industries are this type. It frees the employer from certain requirements such as workman's comp, and for the most part, even health insurance. mostly this will be hourly employees, so no paid time off for sick, vacation or holiday days. Now, it is even not uncommon to have professional contractors, 30% of the scientists in my company are employed as contractors who get paid through a contract agency. This is really a sad state of affairs.
Really though, any employer who has less than 50 employees is exempt from most of the federal requirements for employee benefits such as insurance. So I think that NG was probably not financially responsible for Vera whether she was on the job, or not. I think she is probably doing as much as she can to help, out of the goodness of her heart, not because of a legal requirement. Jmo.

I was just wondering if she was insured because she was Vera's employer. I know my work has insurance that would pay me/my family based on injury or death on the job. Just a thought.
Is NGs cleaning company a real cleaning company? My cleaning lady has her own crew that sometimes come to clean my house and sometimes the owner comes. When I pay them, I always make the check out to her company name but it's just her name and "cleaning" at the end. Just saying this to say that she may not have benefits and everything like molly maids.

Not sure where you got this info, but I'm finding it VERY hard to believe PS had a fb account. Perhaps you are confusing SS & PS checking in? As someone who was good friends with AS & I was also/still am her fb friend. PS was NEVER tagged in any of her posts (but other family members were). Please note I am talking about her private posts which only friends of AS's can see, not the public. Moreover, I know of ZERO classmates of PS who have FB accounts. Also, please know AS & SS were probably the MOST protective parents in the class in already very protective community of parents... case in point, last fall a classmate (whose parents knew AS & PS very well) had his birthday party at their house on the Eastern Shore (of Md)... just a handful of boys were invited and stayed over the weekend with the family, AS & SS did not let PS go for the sleepover part but instead accompanied PS for the day on the eastern shore. They were extremely careful about who he spent time with and what he was exposed to. Again I state that perhaps you were thinking of SS not PS for checking in.

Finally, as I stated earlier, as a longtime parent of a child who was in PS's class for many years, I can also say with certainty that nearly all of PS's classmates do NOT have cell phones. (Interestingly, most 5th graders at PS school do have cell phones, but only 1 or 2 4th graders).

PS did have a facebook account. He was "friends" with his mom, his sister, his grandfather and his racing coach, amongst others. Lots of race car drivers. :)

Not challenging this at all! Just wondering if you mean claim AGAINST hospital for remuneration for trying to save her life and failing to or some other circumstance? Maybe you meant a claim for the hospital bill which might have been incurred.

At the risk of going off-road from the discussion, it is not certain. For sure, small biz's need insurance. Especially cleaning and janitorial because you could break valuables or get injured. But in some recent research I saw that something like 60% of small biz's don't get it because they don't know how or think it's too costly. That said, if you are a housekeeping company, some people/companies won't let you in the door if you don't have insurance. Long way of saying. Could go either way. But this whole topic is irelevant to the case.

Bottom Line.

She died in the work place. So the estate has to come up with money for her family.

So hopefully the inheritors of the estate realizes this.

It was a workplace death.

So don't just get the money and act like her family doesn't deserve anything.

That is all that i am stating.

I just happen to know several friends that came in to 6-7 figures inheritances and acted like they were self made millionaires who couldn't loan a guy $500 that they were friends with since the 1980's.

I'm still mind boggled of how some people forget things when inheritance time comes around.

Jmo.

Well, let's not forget, the "inheritance" is probably going to their surviving "children". Sorry, but just because someone has worked for or inherited "millions" doesn't entitle someone else to it. That always ashtonishes me that some people feel so entitled to someone else's money simply because they are wealthy. JMO

Not sure where you got this info, but I'm finding it VERY hard to believe PS had a fb account. Perhaps you are confusing SS & PS checking in? As someone who was good friends with AS & I was also/still am her fb friend. PS was NEVER tagged in any of her posts (but other family members were). Please note I am talking about her private posts which only friends of AS's can see, not the public. Moreover, I know of ZERO classmates of PS who have FB accounts. Also, please know AS & SS were probably the MOST protective parents in the class in already very protective community of parents... case in point, last fall a classmate (whose parents knew AS & PS very well) had his birthday party at their house on the Eastern Shore (of Md)... just a handful of boys were invited and stayed over the weekend with the family, AS & SS did not let PS go for the sleepover part but instead accompanied PS for the day on the eastern shore. They were extremely careful about who he spent time with and what he was exposed to. Again I state that perhaps you were thinking of SS not PS for checking in.

Finally, as I stated earlier, as a longtime parent of a child who was in PS's class for many years, I can also say with certainty that nearly all of PS's classmates do NOT have cell phones. (Interestingly, most 5th graders at PS school do have cell phones, but only 1 or 2 4th graders).

PS did have a facebook account. He was "friends" with his mom, his sister, his grandfather and his racing coach, amongst others. Lots of race car drivers. :)

Not challenging this at all! Just wondering if you mean claim AGAINST hospital for remuneration for trying to save her life and failing to or some other circumstance? Maybe you meant a claim for the hospital bill which might have been incurred.

Well, let's not forget, the "inheritance" is probably going to their surviving "children". Sorry, but just because someone has worked for or inherited "millions" doesn't entitle someone else to it. That always ashtonishes me that some people feel so entitled to someone else's money simply because they are wealthy. JMO

That sense of entitlement leads to bad things. Like this crime.

Worked For?

The poor lady was a contractor maid who was killed in their house while working.

I doubt this would be be some hand me down situation for her family.

She was contracted. She was killed on the premises while providing for her family.

So the estate of the contractees should not feel that this contractor's family should not be paid due to some we just met yesterday crap?

The lady worked for her family. She was killed at work. But her family should feel like a nuisance for getting anything when it's time to move on?

I can't remember who asked, but it was April 17th that JW posted a pic on Twitter of himself in the driver side of the Mosler. It's in a parking lot with sedans and SUV's.

Also, he posted a pic of himself in on his blog that day including the sentence "It's SCARY as HELL in the most fun, badass way! Sometimes even Broke Racers get to live rich, stay passionate and your dreams will be within reach!"

He also posted on instagram.
Hmmmm. Supposedly the registration on the Mosler had lapsed. So if JW was driving it in April it was without current registration. Insurance requires that the vehicle is registered. So was JW tooling around town in a $700,000 car that was not properly insured? This isn't making sense.

I can't remember who asked, but it was April 17th that JW posted a pic on Twitter of himself in the driver side of the Mosler. It's in a parking lot with sedans and SUV's.

Also, he posted a pic of himself in on his blog that day including the sentence "It's SCARY as HELL in the most fun, badass way! Sometimes even Broke Racers get to live rich, stay passionate and your dreams will be within reach!"

He also posted on instagram.
Hmmmm. Supposedly the registration on the Mosler had lapsed. So if JW was driving it in April it was without current registration. Insurance requires that the vehicle is registered. So was JW tooling around town in a $700,000 car that was not properly insured? This isn't making sense.

plenty of 9/10, even 8 year olds have sleepobers. My daughter has been invited to about three and she hasn't slept over at any. Well she did attend one and I got the adjacent room and she slept with me when it was time to go to bed. I'm super protective *shrugs*

NG most likely had a contract agency where her "employees" were actually independent contractors. Most temporary and service industries are this type. It frees the employer from certain requirements such as workman's comp, and for the most part, even health insurance. mostly this will be hourly employees, so no paid time off for sick, vacation or holiday days. Now, it is even not uncommon to have professional contractors, 30% of the scientists in my company are employed as contractors who get paid through a contract agency. This is really a sad state of affairs.
Really though, any employer who has less than 50 employees is exempt from most of the federal requirements for employee benefits such as insurance. So I think that NG was probably not financially responsible for Vera whether she was on the job, or not. I think she is probably doing as much as she can to help, out of the goodness of her heart, not because of a legal requirement. Jmo.

I agree and that's why I said IF Vera was her employee. NG implied some type of employee-employer relationship existed between them because she said Vera asked her permission to work at the family's home that day.

JMO

That sense of entitlement leads to bad things. Like this crime.

Makes me think of those drivergits videos "Liquid Glimpse" on vimeo of JW when he called himself or his club "Heir Ship". I just found that name strange. FWIW JMO

Worked For?

The poor lady was a contractor maid who was killed in their house while working.

I doubt this would be be some hand me down situation for her family.

She was contracted. She was killed on the premises while providing for her family.

So the estate of the contractees should not feel that this contractor's family gets some kind of financial relief because of some mishap?

The lady worked for her family. She was killed at work. But her family should feel like a nuisance for getting anything when it's time to move on?

How about we just say that we hope that the family is giving something to VF's family and keep it moving? The nuisance comment makes me feel uncomfortable and probably others as well. I get what you're saying though. Completely! Like I said earlier, It's the delivery...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz