DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I read early on that the person taken to the hospital -- who we now know to be VF -- was bleeding from the head and neck. Sounds like same method for the women, but a different one for SS and yet a different one for PS. I wonder why? If you're a deranged thief, there for money and only money, why personalize the murder method to the victim?
LE has told media the crimes "required" the presence and assistance of more than one perp. Possible different weapons/methods= different murderers. Gruesome, but also if resistance and not instantly unconscious, another method used. In those awful evil Richmond VA murders (parents and two little girls in home invasion on New Year's day) this was the case. Just my speculation.

LE has told media the crimes "required" the presence and assistance of more than one perp. Possible different weapons/methods= different murderers. Gruesome, but also if resistance and not instantly unconscious, another method used. In those awful evil Richmond VA murders (parents and two little girls in home invasion on New Year's day) this was the case. Just my speculation.

Well but it does sound like different methods on different people here. My first thought was that it pointed to more than one perp. otherwise its putting down one weapon and picking up another, which somehow seems unlikely to me.

Hopefully, there is hair or fibers in addition to the DNA on the pizza crust...even touch DNA or sweat on some napkin or towel or something...if there were helpers then something has got to be there. Now, about that water bottle, it would seem there would be DNA on the sipping part of the bottle.

It was reported that LE found a fingerprint on it, not DW's. One more interesting fact found on SW (did not note which one) is that among items searched for as evidence were "diagrams." Not specified if of house lay-out, alarm system...To me, searching for this category of item implies investigators suspect advanced planning and intel whether based on insider observation/notes or not. JMO

Hopefully, there is hair or fibers in addition to the DNA on the pizza crust...even touch DNA or sweat on some napkin or towel or something...if there were helpers then something has got to be there. Now, about that water bottle, it would seem there would be DNA on the sipping part of the bottle.

I hope so too but I am sure they will also have other powerful CE as well.

Although today in the Jesse Mathew case it ended in a plea before the jury got the case and all the DA had as far as forensic evidence was his DNA underneath the victim's fingernail. Mathew knew that was enough for the state to get convictions on all top charges.

So all it may take is to forensically tie him to the murders/scene by his DNA being on the pizza crust. There really isn't any reasonable benign explanation the defense could come up with that would satisfy reasonable minded jurors. I don't think anyone believes he just stopped by at 9:30 at night to eat pizza with the family. IMO

IMO

He may have gotten a haircut. But, I recall viewing a sketch of him in court. He had dreads.

I may be biased guys but Wint does not look clean cut to me. He's what we used to call "dusty looking". I wouldn't describe him as clean cut and no matter how you wear your locs, they will not look like a short haircut Did Amy's Porsche have tinted windows? IMO because DW's locs are shorter (shoulder length) if he pulled them into a ponytail, they would stick out.

He may have gotten a haircut. But, I recall viewing a sketch of him in court. He had dreads.

Yes, he had locs in the court pics.
7858184_G.jpg

How did the perps reach the house? Possibly in the van? But surely the van underwent a search. Even the people found with DW were released does anyone know if the vehicles were released? Blood, fibers, evidence of the accelerant, etc. If it had been recently scrubbed down, it would also raise a million red flags.

I hope so too but I am sure they will also have other powerful CE as well.

Although today in the Jesse Mathew case it ended in a plea before the jury got the case and all the DA had as far as forensic evidence was his DNA underneath the victim's fingernail. Mathew knew that was enough for the state to get convictions on all top charges.

So all it may take is to forensically tie him to the murders/scene by his DNA being on the pizza crust. There really isn't any reasonable benign explanation the defense could come up with that would satisfy reasonable minded jurors. I don't think anyone believes he just stopped by at 9:30 at night to eat pizza with the family. IMO

IMO
At this point defense will probably be some form of insanity plea.

I may be biased guys but Wint does not look clean cut to me. He's what we used to call "dusty looking". I wouldn't describe him as clean cut and no matter how you wear your locs, they will not look like a short haircut Did Amy's Porsche have tinted windows? IMO because DW's locs are shorter (shoulder length) if he pulled them into a ponytail, they would stick out.

Considering he wasn't described as clean cut, that's neither here nor there.

NBC News ‏@NBCNews [video=twitter;608772643857268736]https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/608772643857268736[/video]
Bloody baseball bat found at murdered family's D.C. mansion http://nbcnews.to/1F9w59k

I quoted you for the pic.

Reading this literally makes me sick to my stomach. What a horrible evil person he truly is. I have always thought bludgeoning a victim/s to death is the cruelest most sadistic way to murder.

Its horrifying to think what he put his four victims through before they died.

He is an evil evil man.:mad:

IMO

Second pic at 07:11 above, Wint in hospital gown is from 2007 Oswego Police booking foto.

Wint had dreads in court....I don't see any on the light hoodie guy...
Wish we had better video/pics to look at!
He likely pulled the dreads/braids back so you can't see them.

"In documents explaining the charges against Wint, police write that he did not act alone and had the help of more than one person." This is the last sentence in this article.

I still believe one of the perps is a woman.

http://wtop.com/dc/2015/06/search-warrants-bloodied-bat-found-at-house-in-d-c-quadruple-murders/

My gut feeling tells me a woman was involved as well. This is going to sound sick, but I can picture the female checking out AS's clothes and jewelry. Hopefully, she combed her hair or one of her hairs fell out with the follicle intact.

At this point defense will probably be some form of insanity plea.

Hi facundo!

I certainly hope so because that will never fly. There was too much planning and then him trying to cover it up afterwards that he was the one who did it.

IMO

"In documents explaining the charges against Wint, police write that he did not act alone and had the help of more than one person." This is the last sentence in this article.

I still believe one of the perps is a woman.

http://wtop.com/dc/2015/06/search-warrants-bloodied-bat-found-at-house-in-d-c-quadruple-murders/

Interesting idea about a woman being involved. Could be a woman got someone to open the front door and DW kicked open the side door?

Also about single killer multiple weapons: *cringing* jodi arias.

It was reported that LE found a fingerprint on it, not DW's. One more interesting fact found on SW (did not note which one) is that among items searched for as evidence were "diagrams." Not specified if of house lay-out, alarm system...To me, searching for this category of item implies investigators suspect advanced planning and intel whether based on insider observation/notes or not. JMO

Interesting......I don't recall reading that there were diagrams found. Were those in the house or Wint's car?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member