DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately due to his numerous times in prison ; I think he will adapt.

Due to the extreme violence and death he inflicted on four people, I doubt he's ever going to be placed in the general population. The guards will protect themselves, other prisoners and his safety. The only way to ensure his safety will be to place him in solitary. It is difficult to adapt to solitary confinement but that's his problem. Many inmates would prefer the death penalty to solitary confinement. I've worked in a prison. Solitary is referred to as "The Hole."

JMO

Oh, yes. I was just addressing a question that implied that you can't be discharged if you were only in boot camp and not really "in" the Marines. I think you're "in" for the purpose discharge once you enlist. Is that correct? That if you left bootcamp because you were booted out, you'd have to be "discharged"? Isn't the only question whether or not it was "honorable"? It would be great to know from someone who actually served.

I think the discharge has to do with whatever contractual obligation you signed when you enlisted. It has to be some sort of contract that binds you to keep it unless you are discharged from it legally.

JMO

Popsicle- I must say a huge thank you for always being so up to the minute with all of your posts! So appreciated and needed- though knowing the details also difficult for us to digest at times!

ABC News ‏@ABC [video=twitter;608749124528185344]https://twitter.com/ABC/status/608749124528185344[/video]
NEW: Baseball bat apparently stained with blood found after DC quadruple murder, warrant shows http://abcn.ws/1IvRRcl

Same article in the link above says, "The document, unsealed in DC Superior Court earlier today, notes that detectives observed a surveillance camera on the exterior of the home. ABC News reported earlier that the recording system for that camera appeared to have been removed from the home."

I hope the warrant is posted.

Anybody find a link to the SW that was unsealed today?

No matter who was involved, this case is one of the most disgusting and these details make it even harder to focus on the clues and possible links to others. We knew they were beaten, cut and otherwise tortured but the bloody baseball bat left behind.... This seems like a chaotic frenzy yet only hours before the fire SS was able to speak calmly to many people on the phone. What the heck changed in those last three hours?

So, the findings re: this search warrant have yet to be released? This was just the justification to search for evidence based on the initial crime scene, correct?

Yes, there was no inventory attached to the file I found. I don't know if that's the only copy of the file out there.

So disgusting to think of a baseball bat. A gun is more merciful. Ugh....

So disgusting to think of a baseball bat. A gun is more merciful. Ugh....

I agree. I read early on that the person taken to the hospital -- who we now know to be VF -- was bleeding from the head and neck. Sounds like same method for the women, but a different one for SS and yet a different one for PS. I wonder why? If you're a deranged thief, there for money and only money, why personalize the murder method to the victim?

This is horrible. Lacerations to the throat? So he slit her throat? OMG. Those poor people.

But that is not him at 58 secs in that video. at the time of his arrest, he did not have on a dark hoodie.

Darron+Wint+Arrest.jpg

Wint had dreads in court....I don't see any on the light hoodie guy...
Wish we had better video/pics to look at!

Wint had dreads in court....I don't see any on the light hoodie guy...
Wish we had better video/pics to look at!

I think this is actually a good point TexMex. They could be tied back and he would look "clean cut".

I am pretty sure - I wouldn't stake my life, but... - that is him. Based on other photos we have of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1