DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The assistant, who did not return messages left on his cellphone Wednesday, tried to call Savvas Savopoulos about 1:40 p.m. but got no answer, the police documents show. Savvas Savopoulos had called the assistant at 11:54 a.m. — the last incoming or outgoing call he made or answered before the fire.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...00af9e-ff07-11e4-8b6c-0dcce21e223d_story.html

I can't remember what JW said about WHY he did not return messages from his boss on the busy day of getting ready for the opening and did not call him until 1:40 pm. If anyone wants to help me out with that I would appreciate it. I'm just now getting to where I can read here more or less objectively as I have just been sorta stumbling emotionally through the thread.
TIA if you care to help me out with that and it's not too much trouble.

Easy enough to verify through phone records (theoretically) to back up interview with AIW whatever he/she said. Whichever way it goes, it's verifiable as truth or lie.

I add 'theoretically' because of my own experiences with our cell provider not getting messages into voicemail when they're left, they show up three weeks later as NEW MSG when they have not been there, and the msg envelope says they were.

That would be a biiiiiig problem if I had to depend on that in court.

:/

I know. Right now LE knows exactly what is fact vs fiction. That vm thing has happened to me in the past, and I also haven't received texts that were sent. Not sure if that affects actual records, or it's more of a phone issue. IDK!

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-ne...los-family-murders-suspect-daron-wint-framed/

Sean Hanover, who began representing Daron Wint this past weekend in the May 14 deaths of Savvas, Amy and Philip Savopoulos, and Vera Figueroa, told ABC affiliate WJLA that his client feels like others have made him the fall guy in the gruesome deaths.

“I think it’s fair to say that he feels at this time that he was definitely set up,” the attorney said, adding that Wint, who could be deported if convicted, “believes that once people begin to understand who else was out there and what was going on, they’re going to see him in a very different light.”

If this isnt considered MSM....the quote is in numerous places. This was the first I could find.

Keep in mind that Hanover also said that he didn't know if he would be exploring a plea deal. (Never mind that I can't imagine the government will give him much). You need to take his statements with a giant grain of salt at this point because he hasn't seen the evidence. There is no defense yet. What I take from the above quote is that he is simply repeating what his client told him, which a lawyer shouldn't do but never mind that. DW probably is angry that he's the one sitting in jail when there are others involved, so he was set up to take the fall. And perhaps he is deluded into thinking that if the public finds out someone else planned the whole thing, or inflicted most of the violence, that it will see him differently. But he isn't a lawyer and he doesn't know this isn't a defense. Nor is his lawyer asserting it as a defense.

Keep in mind that Hanover also said that he didn't know if he would be exploring a plea deal. (Never mind that I can't imagine the government will give him much). You need to take his statements with a giant grain of salt at this point because he hasn't seen the evidence. There is no defense yet. What I take from the above quote is that he is simply repeating what his client told him, which a lawyer shouldn't do but never mind that. DW probably is angry that he's the one sitting in jail when there are others involved, so he was set up to take the fall. And perhaps he is deluded into thinking that if the public finds out someone else planned the whole thing, or inflicted most of the violence, that it will see him differently. But he isn't a lawyer and he doesn't know this isn't a defense. Nor is his lawyer asserting it as a defense.

All true. But it intrigues me...as if he's saying "Wait till you find out who was out there" and "wait till you know what was going on." He seems to be implying that we will be surprised. To me, there could be an implication here that now we think HE is the biggest villain...but there's someone who was out there that we will hate more than him...when he gets to tell the whole story.

Could be all gibberish, but he's not just saying that he doesn't eat pizza and he wasn't there.

IMO
It is how he explained knowing about the fire. If LE confirmed his account, they have not shared that with media to report it. (Although some people do believe that all of JW's accounts have been verified by LE as proven by the fact that he hasn't been arrested. So something to consider.)
LE summarized in the SW, what JW stated and his admitted lies to the investigators. If there were more lies I believe they would have included them in the supporting statement of the SW. (JMO)

JMO, I remember reading that cell phone pings had him in VA at 1:34. So I guess not before that.

That means he wouldn't have been able to get back to the S home in DC until 2:45 so would he have been able to park as close as his car was found at that time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That means he wouldn't have been able to get back to the S home in DC until 2:45 so would he have been able to park as close as his car was found at that time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The street was blocked off about a block in each direction so yes he could have parked where he did. At that point the news vans weren't there. At about 2:30 I drove down the street behind their's and saw a fire truck with firefighters rolling up their hoses. They looked like they had just been fighting a fire but that street at least was otherwise empty. I didn't think it was much of a fire. Had I driven around the corner I would have seen something very different but I had no reason to.

“I think it’s fair to say that he feels at this time that he was definitely set up,” the attorney said, adding that Wint, who could be deported if convicted, “believes that once people begin to understand who else was out there and what was going on, they’re going to see him in a very different light.”

While we wait for real news...anyone want to speculate on "who else was out there" and "what was going on?"

The assistant, who did not return messages left on his cellphone Wednesday, tried to call Savvas Savopoulos about 1:40 p.m. but got no answer, the police documents show. Savvas Savopoulos had called the assistant at 11:54 a.m. — the last incoming or outgoing call he made or answered before the fire.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...00af9e-ff07-11e4-8b6c-0dcce21e223d_story.html

Thank you for posting the exact quote - I think it has caused a lot of confusion! Do you think that the 11:45 call was answered, since the source said the 1:40 pm was not answered? My point is why say the latter call was unanswered unless the former was. Maybe the source just doesn't know?

Most of us are aware that JW and his associate, ACB (W-2) shut down, almost immediately after the crime, the vast majority of their SM...even those sites that pertain to their businesses and business pursuits.

But, what has just come to mind:
No one has come to JW's defense, not his family, friends, co-workers or his race team or business partners. No one, including ACB, has defended him. He apparently has not hired a lawyer or personal representative, either.

AND, there is no proof that (W-2) was his actual girlfriend. That, based on the facts, is still merely an assumption.

Is there confirmation from someone that JW did NOT call SS? We know nothing.

One idea:

FD or LE contacts AIW to notify SS of house fire.
SS not at AIW.
AIW tries to contact SS, fails.
AIW tries to contact AS, fails.
AIW tries and succeeds to contact SS personal assistant/JW in hopes of finding either SS or AS.
JW then starts making his own calls to SS and AS. We don't know who or how often because we don't know anything at all.
Maybe he thinks AS is out and about running errands-out of signal. Maybe AS is out walking the dog, hence the offer of a ride home.

It's all conjecture at this point, lol.

Confirmation - no. I said I assumed that's what happened because he was SS personal assistant / driver and so would more naturally be likely to know current location of SS. It is a reasonable assumption, that's all. Maybe AIW also tried getting hold of AS, but got no response.

We don't know what JW did or didn't explain about any fire knowledge. We don't even know that it wasn't LE who told JW when SS and AS weren't have been contacted.

I dunno. I just don't think it's suspicious or odd the way JW handled it. I know others think it's wrong. :D We know nuttin'!

I think it's weird to say "Hey" and then deliver "Your house is on fire", not to mention to tell the woman what to do. I also think it's super weird to offer a ride to someone who is either A) home B) within walking distance and could therefore walk back, probably before JW could get to the house from VA or C) took a vehicle to get wherever she was away from home, and could therefore drive back before JW could get to her from VA. The whole phone message is off. It's just one of many, so maybe with more context it will make sense. I hope we get to hear all of them, but is that likely?

I've been on vacation for awhile and only checked in here a few times to keep up. One question - if JW heard about the fire from an AIW employee, how did that employee get the news? Who was making phone calls about the fire outbreak??

While we wait for real news...anyone want to speculate on "who else was out there" and "what was going on?"
Maybe this is all part of LE's strategy in holding off on further arrests. Get him to think that he is the ONLY one going down for this crime. Let him sit in jail and stew for awhile. Sooner or later he will sing like a canary. I would be real nervous right about now if I were one of the others involved.

All this could be.
One thing--LE said that JW stated that he found out about the fire from an employee at AIW.

If AIW assumed JW would know where SS was, then I think it's a fair assumption on our parts that JW should have been available to receive SS's calls anytime during work hours. If there was no reception at Lowe's, he would be expected to call as soon as a signal was available. It goes to the type of job and employer/employee expectations. Would love to know if JW answered that 11:45 call and if JW tried to call SS between 11:54 and 1:45. We know from the doc that SS didn't answer any calls from JW.

Maybe this is all part of LE's strategy in holding off on further arrests. Get him to think that he is the ONLY one going down for this crime. Let him sit in jail and stew for awhile. Sooner or later he will sing like a canary. I would be real nervous right about now if I were one of the others involved.

Bond. JAMES Bond. Good post particularly because I had never thought of this strategy before and it was like a lightbulb going off- I think you could be completely correct!

Well played, sir. Carry on.

Sent from my not so humble opinion.

All this could be.
One thing--LE said that JW stated that he found out about the fire from an employee at AIW.

I just read that differently for the first time. I was thinking an AIW employee called JW to tell him about the fire/ask where SS was. But if JW was at the dojo, he could have heard about the fire when someone there was called by AIW, then took it upon himself to start calling people. Of course, if he was a crook, the dojo would be the perfect place to wait for news of the fire or create a solid alibi with co-workers. Has anyone said he was at the dojo that afternoon? Surely there are cameras around the dojo/VA AIW.

Also, AIW employee seems to be a pretty loosely defined term. Was NG employed by AIW or S family? What if she told him about the fire and he told her about dropping off the money? When did JW tell NG he had dropped off the money, assuming that story is true.

Thank you for posting the exact quote - I think it has caused a lot of confusion! Do you think that the 11:45 call was answered, since the source said the 1:40 pm was not answered? My point is why say the latter call was unanswered unless the former was. Maybe the source just doesn't know?

I believe the call came only 5 minutes before he left the store. That brings me to wonder several things:

1. He's employed as a driver. Why doesn't he check his phone and see if the Boss called?

2. He's run a very weird errand. Why doesn't he check the phone to see what else might be required of him? Maybe another run to the bank?

3. Why doesn't he see the missed call and try to call back for another ONE HOUR and 45 MINUTES!

4. Or is it just a signal? And he knows there's no urgency until he wants to add to his own alibi?

I know. Right now LE knows exactly what is fact vs fiction. That vm thing has happened to me in the past, and I also haven't received texts that were sent. Not sure if that affects actual records, or it's more of a phone issue. IDK!

Good thing LE asked for records for about a week (5 days?) before the crime. That way if dropped calls/vm is an ongoing issue, it would show up (maybe?) It would be a problem if JW just started having VM problems the day of the crime...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1