DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have another subject to bring up that was mentioned yesterday. The housekeeper who lost her life in the home at SS's. It appears money is trying to be raised to send her body back to her home country for burial. Also, I read it is questionable if the husband will have enough money to accompany the body for the burial.

These facts are extremely sad to me. I feel if SS and AS could tell us anything, they would provide the funds to assist this family in accomplishing what is needed. We have heard they were very charitable. Due to the circumstances surrounding VF's murder,
wonder if there is someone to contact in the family for help?

On another side of the fence, there is more than likely a legal side of liability due to VF's family. This would be payable through insurance that SS had - maybe Homeowners?
JMO. If someone gets hurt in/on my property, it is my liability. What do you all think?

Mod Note

This thread is about the murders of the Savvas Savopoulos family & Veralicia Figueroa.

Politics and racism is not the topic here and will not be tolerated.

Continuing to do so may result in the loss of posting privileges.

I would. His FB photos are creepy. He looks psycho to me. I don't think I would have needed any knowledge of his criminal history to reach that conclusion.

Same with photos we're seeing of Dylann Storm Roof (not a weatherman) this morning. Not just a previous booking photo, either.

Mod Note

This thread is about the murders of the Savvas Savopoulos family & Veralicia Figueroa.

Politics and racism is not the topic here and will not be tolerated.

Continuing to do so may result in the loss of posting privileges.

Understood. If that's the case, can all comments regarding "racism" be deleted?

Arrrgh! I am desperately trying to figure out who "NT" is so I can "enjoy"
his/her blog. If there is a way to point my dense self in the right direction I would be grateful.

Nate Thayer Just search under DC Mansion Murders and the piece should come up. i wrote to correct him in the comment section but waiting to be moderated hah hah

But this is not a court of law. The general public, those not seated on a jury, are allowed to reach any conclusion we want. I don't have an opinion about DW's participation in this crime. I have a belief based on physical evidence. He was present at the home while violence was being committed. Whether or not he was there while the actual murders took place, he is still guilty, guilty, guilty in my book. Don't feel a need to remain open minded about DW.
Good way to put it--belief.
I made the statement about Wint because I now some folks here feel it IS totally unfair and not kosher to speculate about JW's guilt--and my point is that in a strictly legal sense, Wint is not YET guilty, but no body is made to feel he/she is unfair in expressing belief/opinion about him.
I don't feel bad speculating about JW. I don't have the same feeling of certain belief in his guilt I have in Wint's, but i feel entitled to speculate as to the possiblity of his involvement.

JMO JW is not a suspect or a POI in this case and has not been arrested or charged with any involvement in it.

Sure, if you see a post that's in violation please alert (little black triangle bottom left) we will gladly take a look.

My theory is that JW's life has been in a tailspin over these last few months.

He had had a steady, high profile job...that even sponsored his racing. The pictures of him celebrating with "fans", his "persona" as Racer Jordan, all give the impression of a young man who was a "star" in a small world...a "celebrity" even if he was the proverbial " big fish in a small pond."

The sponsorship from the company, the plans to go to races in California and to Italy this summer...all held glamourous possibilities in his mind that he could become a "big fish in a big pond"...but then, he lost his job.

He also lost his sponsorship. I would imagine these glamourous racing trips were off the table too. The Autobahn "sponsorship" may well have paid for trips to enhance his "high profile" at the workplace to attract customers.

SS was eulogized as being a very kind hearted man. I wonder if PS wasn't taking those private lessons from JW at the track and that's the basis of more interaction between the two. Once JW lost his job, depending on the reasons etc, ...he might not have had access to booking the track for lessons..and may have had to tell his private clients. SS may have heard only JW's version of events, and liking him, being soft-hearted, offered him an interim job till his next real job came along.

No way was driving for SS any dream job. Actually, for a very ambitious young man, being around all that wealth at a point when a lot of his options had been shut down, might have been depressing or anger-inducing.

On a personal note, I once gave a job at my home to a young woman who had been fired from another job at a salon where I came to know her from regular appointments. I did not consider her a "member of the family", a "trusted assistant" ...I saw her as someone who needed the money till she could find another job. I had heard only her side of the firing of course. Later I heard more but by then, she had moved on. Maybe that's why I have a different perspective on the relationship between SS and JW.

SS had a family he adored. He had a son he adored. I doubt he had an emotional relationship with this young man from the track. But, SS sounds like the kind of man who might try to help JW through a tough spot. But both JW and SS may have known this was only a temporary situation.

That said, observing all the displays of wealth and ease, this might have an wakened in JJ a sense of righteous entitlement. If no other REAL job opportunities were on the horizon, this scheme could have provided money to move on with, to get to those races, to fulfill the dream.

My hunch is that it looked easy. Some guys from the old neighborhood would scare the family, raise cash, take whatever they could. Nobody gets hurt. JW would not be suspected and could move on.

But the maid was still there. The child was not easy to control. The rich guy couldn't raise near the money they wanted. Somebody lost his temper and one of the victims got hurt. They didn't know how to fence art. And if AS is like a lot of ladies, her best jewelry was in a safety deposit box set the bank. They stayed so long, that they freaked over what they touched. What SS might have figured out or overheard.

They decided to kill, but weren't even proficient at that. They strangled, they beat with the bat, they cut. It wasn't rage: it was incompetence.

Anyway, I know nothing and as you all say, JW is just a witness, and I submit this theory as nothing more that my musings at this current stage of the case.

Spooky as to how "real" this hypothetical account feels to me. JMO/ and just my own spooky feelings

Yes. I replied to what I still feel is a comment in which race is very much alluded to and in an unfair way. I don't mind that it was deleted. I do feel the whole house has not been cleaned tho. ALL comments dealing with race and politics are not yet gone. JMO

Good way to put it--belief.
I made the statement about Wint because I now some folks here feel it IS totally unfair and not kosher to speculate about JW's guilt--and my point is that in a strictly legal sense, Wint is not YET guilty, but no body is made to feel he/she is unfair in expressing belief/opinion about him.
I don't feel bad speculating about JW. I don't have the same feeling of certain belief in his guilt I have in Wint's, but i feel entitled to speculate as to the possiblity of his involvement.

JMO JW is not a suspect or a POI in this case and has not been arrested or charged with any involvement in it.

(IMO) LE is not required to reveal that someone is a POI. The term has no legal definition. I believe that all of the persons who were detained with DW when he was captured are POI's as well as JW and other unnamed individuals.

Yes. I replied to what I still feel is a comment in which race is very much alluded to and in an unfair way. I don't mind that it was deleted. I do feel the whole house has not been cleaned tho. ALL comments dealing with race and politics are not yet gone. JMO

Like I just posted, if you see a post that's in violation just alert.

We are volunteers here and we don't have time to read every single post on the forum.

If you have a problem beyond that, please use the PM system to contact a Mod or Admin of your choice.

Thanks

Do you all think they will release anything about the phone SW? Or do we have to wait until the trial begins?

Cannot remember if this has been previously discussed so I apologize, but does anyone know where PS's go-kart was stored? Was it at their house?

I attributed the "coincidence" to the "great minds think alike" theory. Sleuthers here did an amazing job. But we cannot say that he did not do his own work. Do we know for sure that he logged on here before he posted? If so, well, then, that would make one suspicious.

I also believe that over the years, he has developed good sources. One of those sources may have clued him in to the address info. It's possible LE actually had it that information almost immediately because of being quickly suspicious of JW and then finding the burning car.

In other words, they quickly connected JW to the area where the car was burned ...before the DNA came back that led them to DW.

Anyway, we are all on the same side.

Personally, even if SS told JW the night before, BUT the AIWs pulled out 40k from their pocket, I cannot believe he would have would have snapped a photo. and told LE conflicting stories. But the problem is the timing, possible ties in our retrospect, and the discrepancy between a bag and envelope w/I hours of the murder. Nervous or not. How does one snap a photo with half and then transport to an envelope? As far as I know, DW was not found with 40. Approximation, is glaring.

I honestly am hoping he is not involved. If it walks like a duck...etc. We still do not know where JW was on Wed night. Or., many posts later did I miss it?

I think it's odd that JW removed a wrapper from one of the $$$ bundles, he would have known that SS would realize that he (JW) was handling the cash, and what Boss wouldn't
fire him immediately for that. This raises the suspicion that JW knew SS couldn't/wouldn't be able to confront him... ever?

I'd love to peruse a few Annapolis HS yearbooks that cover the years JW was at school there. Do we know if he actually graduated from there...or maybe moved to live with Dad?

I'm thinking about the almost immediate suspicion of him on the day of the murders. Was there something that LE pulled up about him that gave them pause?

Maybe it is only because he delivered the money...could be. But the immediacy of suspicion leads me to think there's more that we don't know.

Did he have a juvenile record that gave his Fathers address as his? Then, a burning car turns up very close to that address?

All speculation. He is a witness only at this point.

(IMO) LE is not required to reveal that someone is a POI. The term has no legal definition. I believe that all of the persons who were detained with DW when he was captured are POI's as well as JW and other unnamed individuals.

Yeah. Good. I am bending over backwards in deference to those who feel speculating discussion about JW's possible involvement is defamatory etc.
And we all know that LE probably has various POI's in this.
But someone happening upon the board could think OH WEB SLEUTHERS have some inside info! They know LE still think Jordan Wallace is involved.

I think though from now on I will just go with JMO. Enough msgs. here state that we know he is not a suspect, legally speaking.

Personally, even if SS told JW the night before, BUT the AIWs pulled out 40k from their pocket, I cannot believe he would have would have snapped a photo. and told LE conflicting stories. But the problem is the timing, possible ties in our retrospect, and the discrepancy between a bag and envelope w/I hours of the murder. Nervous or not. How does one snap a photo with half and then transport to an envelope? As far as I know, DW was not found with 40. Approximation, is glaring.

I honestly am hoping he is not involved. If it walks like a duck...etc. We still do not know where JW was on Wed night. Or., many posts later did I miss it?

I think it's odd that JW removed a wrapper from one of the $$$ bundles, he would have known that SS would realize that he (JW) was handling the cash, and what Boss wouldn't
fire him immediately for that. This raises the suspicion that JW knew SS couldn't/wouldn't be able to confront him... ever?

EW. Chills.....

I am a big YANK hah hah so right, I could tend to interpret the "Miss Amy..." as a sign of familiarity when it is quite common in the south to say "Miss+ first name" or "Miss+ last name") and so on. I do love that and enjoyed your examples.
So not necessarily unnautral or a pretense to some sort of closer relationship than was going on.
I guess what strikes me about this text is exactly what you said--"that it sounds a little calculated for a quick text when time is of the essence." I have to quote you because that's PERFECT and I couldn't put my finger on it. Yeah, racing to a fire, and alerting the person you are calling to the fact her house is on fire, you don't do the "hey..Southernism" stuff.
Maybe you say "HEY! AMY! ....." Blah! Blah! Not all chit chatty.

The weirdest thing to me...is that either he had just had a conversation with SS around noon or he had just missed a call from SS at noon.

Next he hears that SS house is on fire. Why does he call the wife? I'd think the natural reaction would be to call SS...especially if he missed the call. In any event, he should want to make himself available to SS or find out what he could do. AS could be anywhere and frankly, a lot of employers would not want their employee telling their wife news like this.

Being a Facebook friend does not mean "friendship"...it could just mean someone "accepted" you out of kindness. His interaction would be mainly or maybe even exclusively with SS. Calling HIM seems like the more normal impulse.

This call to her seems very staged.

Did he know though that SS phone was already "disabled?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members