DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. The story identifying SS came out after the press conference on Friday at which Cathy Lanier identified SS. THe other article you cite does not identify him. I lived this real time. There was an active, very concerned, discussion about who the victims were. As of a few hours after the fire, they had not been identified.

I'm just saying that the people with whom you were actively involved in the discussion, including MSM, may not have been as informed as LE during the first few hours after the fire. Unless of course, LE had a reason to discuss the evolving details of the case with you. If so, nevermind... :)

The general public was informed on Friday. Anybody close to the family would have figured it out right away when SS was unable to be reached on phone or in person. The only other two options for it NOT being SS in the fire are: (1) SS is in extreme danger and under control of the perpetrators at a separate location OR (2) SS was personally responsible for the destruction and murders at the house. I don't see anyone considering Option 2. Though some posters here think that JW may have considered Option 2 and that he lied to protect SS in case SS was somehow at fault. Which I can't believe that JW ever thought that IMO.

EXACTLY! Thank you for saying this so succinctly!

I wonder which gang DW may be a member. I read about one gang called the Maple Avenue Crew,.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remember the photo of the Porsche and the donut swirls in the parking lot? Why drive in circles?

I also wonder if the concussion was the end of PS driving days since AS other children had serious concussions in the past. Would it mean the need to employ JW was coming to an end?

I don't think we can assume the donuts in the lot that the perp ran through after burning the car were made by the perp/Porsche. Could be, but not necessarily. (And if they are related, the perp would do it because it's fun.)

I don't think JW's job was tied to PS' racing. PS had a racing coach and JW's job was to drive SS and run errands. JMO

I am trying to figure out how to contact the moderator. Are we allowed to discuss DW's brother? I believe I read an article which posted his name.

I was actually told option 2 by a reporter that evening and was and am disgusted by that idea. Someone in LE told her, so as awful as it is to think this, someone thought it. Obviously way off base, and I don't think for a second JW thought this.. Option 1 must have also been considered and may have been considered by JW. Or at that early time so soon after the fire, JW could easily have thought they just hadn't located SS. Or that they had located SS but SS had not communicated with him because he had other things going on. Whatever the family might have figured out, no one was saying anything and they certainly weren't saying anything to JW within an hour or 2 of the fire, when he said those lies. It may be clear in retrospect but it wasn't at the time.

How do we know what LE told JW, the day of the fire or ever? (Other than what is included in the docs.)

The neighborhood is quiet and there is plenty of parking. There was parking even after the news vans arrived but I don't think they were even there yet when JW got there.

What time did JW get there? Do you know what time NG got there? Also, how do we know what time LE conducted these interviews with JW? Was it one interview, or several interviews over a day or two (or more)?

One of the bodies was removed the next day. I don't know which one -- obviously not VF because they were trying to save her.

It was PS. He was not immediately removed from the home like the others.

I am trying to figure out how to contact the moderator. Are we allowed to discuss DW's brother? I believe I read an article which posted his name.

Can't discuss DW's family. My post got snipped yesterday.

I do not think it is because they are lazy. Several newspapers have cut their staff by almost half. I know in my former hometown, many of the long time reporters left leaving inexperienced reporters.

I think TheRidge may have been referring to a particular investigative reporter. JMO

If you visit the Tacoma Park blog, you can search for other gems an learn more about MAC 76 and its members.

Could the Mosler just not have started. Hadn't been driven in a while. Dead battery. Perhaps that's why they needed Amerit truck.

Definite possibility!!! I feel like there had to be some reason, that SS couldn't fix from home, that the Mosler couldn't be moved. BUT, I don't think the crew was planning to take that Amerit truck to the S home and jump start the Mosler on the night they were stopped. Maybe they had another vehicle somewhere that they were going to steal, either as part of a larger plan involving the S cars or as a consolation prize. JMO

Somewhere in these threads there is a mention that the SS family knew Mr. Mosler. I believe this was a limited edition version of the car. I'll try to find the link later from the earlier threads.

I think that SS may have thought of this car like the art he collected...not like something you take out very often. SS was a collector of fine things, including cars. I believe he would have kept the records of his art work, their provenance, in a safety deposit box. That's important in order to prove their authenticity and value. If the Mosler was a limited edition, those papers would be there too. Probably documents relating to the business. Amy's "investment" jewelry.

And maybe the keys to the Mosler. this would explain why the registration wasn't up to date. SS thought of the car more as a work of art, a collectible.

I had written that possibly SS knew Mosler. I had googled some things and gone on social media sites .. I can't state more because I want to respect the Moderator's rules...

I think it would've been too soon after the concussion for that decision to have been made. They were focused on dojo, upcoming graduation etc

I agree. I imagine AS and SS had already had some concerned discussions about it, but they wouldn't have discussed it with JW. JMO

I have a safe deposit box. Not in DC and not ina BOA.
But, IMO, banking practices are regulated and have tightened up as of last year. Even prior to last year, access to my SDB was very tight. I have a signature card on file, had to show photo id, log in on MY original card AND have rhe key that matches the bank's.
There is no way anyone but those authorized by SS would gain access. IMO

I have a BOA Safe Deposit Box (haha nothing in it!) and No One, even if I die, is allowed access...unless later, by an executor of my will, possibly. So No Way would BOA have allowed someone access to SS's Safe Deposit Box ...

Definite possibility!!! I feel like there had to be some reason, that SS couldn't fix from home, that the Mosler couldn't be moved. BUT, I don't think the crew was planning to take that Amerit truck to the S home and jump start the Mosler on the night they were stopped. Maybe they had another vehicle somewhere that they were going to steal, either as part of a larger plan involving the S cars or as a consolation prize. JMO

From earlier in the discussion on the cars, it was mentioned that some cars were stored at a AIW facility IIRC. The number of cars owned by SS would not fit in his home garage. IMO he would keep the Mosler at home due to the rarity of it.

Just a thought - SS doesn't appear to be a show off type, however, men love their toys. This Mosler would be a prized toy and by word of mouth his circle of acquaintances would know about it. Another reason to keep it at home would be to show it to guests interested in it.

From my experience, men that own these expensive collector cars will let only a person close to the family and trusted drive them - just a spin around the block. So did JW really drive it or is it another of his "spins"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1