DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It does seem likely that a gang was involved because there seems to be infrastructure...really lame infrastructure, but teams and individuals with assignments, etc.

JW doesn't appear at all on any level to be a gang member. Is it possible that his old neighbor caught on to JW's new job working for SS and the gang voluntold JW what his role would be. That would be lose-situation. If he says yes, he's suddenly a criminal helping a gang (although putting enough money in the wallet to get through a couple races. If he says no and goes to LE, he's toast. It might not be too hard for a broke racer to reach the conclusion that he's got to participate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would make it highly unlikely that JW would have pocketed half the ransom money - or, it would explain why he hasn't been seen if he did - could be in protective custody.

WHAT, he did NOT pick up the $40,000 and deliver to SS??? OMG
this is crazy... what about the accountant, the picture to W2? He must
have a Lawyer now and the defense will be "the package" was delivered.

Now.... I believe he's very much involved.

I think this is just a really poorly written article from someone who didn't understand or read the charging docs. JMO.

Originally Posted by DexterMorgan
What some of you don't understand is if DW gives up JW in order to get a lighter sentence; He will still get life with no parole plus JW would probably snitch on the involvement of DW associates as well.

So DW is not covering for JW.

He is just simply making sure that others that he cares about doesn't get hit with long time as well.

Especially since some of them may still have the money which they will be putting on his commissary books in due time for years to come.

Jmo===========================================================================

I don't believe that DW will allow JW to walk around happy and free while DW, himself, is locked up forever. I just don't see that happening. If nothing else, he will have a brother gang member take care of the situation. Maybe that is why we have not seen nor heard from JW at all.

Interesting! I never heard that, but it does not surprise me. Was that alluded to at some point by NG or the accountant? Or just a speculation--although I think a totally reasonable speculation. I think the accountant would feel more comfortable with idea that JW was leaving with the cash to deliver directly to SS at the dojo. AND it would explain why JW would say he only got the "car" instructions 10 mins before getting to the house. (I think?)

Except if JW believed he was going to drop the money off at the dojo, he wouldn't have gone to the house on the way, unless he planned to pick up SS.

Except if JW believed he was going to drop the money off at the dojo, he wouldn't have gone to the house on the way, unless he planned to pick up SS.

I wonder where the bank is located.

I wish we had a banker on this thread who deal with wealthy people. A grocery store like Walmart deals with tons of cash. It seems to me IIRC armed vehicles go to grocery stores etc. 40k is not a great deal of money if it is a wire transfer. 40k in cash is a huge amount IMO. Of course, I am not wealthy. Although to a gang member we would appear to be high rollers:)

Yes, that was why I added (I think?)

Assuming, as I do, that JW knew he was picking up ransom money, he might have told the accountant he was going to the dojo and LE that he was heading to the house. We actually don't know where he headed! It would be very interesting to know what the accountant knows.

Yes, that was why I added (I think?)

Assuming, as I do, that JW knew he was picking up ransom money, he might have told the accountant he was going to the dojo and LE that he was heading to the house. We actually don't know where he headed! It would be very interesting to know what the accountant knows.

A light bulb just went off. NG received a VM from SS. SS sister spoke to him on Thursday am. VF's husband talked to him on the phone.

JW had the most important task--delivering the 40k. But he just received and communicates via text messages??????

A light bulb just went off. NG received a VM from SS. SS sister spoke to him on Thursday am. VF's husband talked to him on the phone.

JW had the most important task--delivering the 40k. But he just received and communicates via text messages??????

Excellent observation! Why would that be?

I think JW said he talked to SS 10 mins before he got to the house and got his "car" instructions (a story which obviously changed a couple times, so...hard to believe ANY part of it.)

The light bulb turned on due to the inconsistent nature of the communications. Still processing:)

I think it is hard to compare the situations. SS had to speak to Mr. F because he was pounding on the door and causing a ruckus. So a call needed to be made. And the sister probably always spoke and did not usually text her brother. We are not of the 'texting' generation. My daughter and son text each other a lot, rarely call each other. But they are in their early 20's.

But I bet that SS usually texted instructions to his assistant. That is what bosses do. JMO

Why no VMS at 1154? "This is Savvas. Looks like we are going to have to bid higher for the art piece. I am negotiating. You may need to make another delivery to me. Can you call me as soon as possible when you get this message." IMO based on zero evidence.

Would make it highly unlikely that JW would have pocketed half the ransom money - or, it would explain why he hasn't been seen if he did - could be in protective custody.

Maybe that's when things went crazy---after they found only half the money in garage?

I'm not sure this has been confirmed.

Maybe that's when things went crazy---after they found only half the money in garage?

Which indicates to me he was involved. IMO

However, it could also mean he spoke directly to the SS #. Just surprised SS did not leave a VM at 1154.

Why no VMS at 1154? "This is Savvas. Looks like we are going to have to bid higher for the art piece. I am negotiating. You may need to make another delivery to me. Can you call me as soon as possible when you get this message." IMO based on zero evidence.

I'm not sure we know that voicemail wasn't left.

Texting would be a lot easier way of covering your hiney ("delivered the package") then leaving a VM when in a stressful situation. (You don't have to rely on acting--clearly not his strong suit since he was called by LE--just on some typing.)
I wonder if he normally communicated by text with SS and AS. To another poster's point, people in their 20's text a lot. It varies with older people. Although I am in my forties and I text all the time with everyone except my elderly relatives.

I wonder where the bank is located.

I wish we had a banker on this thread who deal with wealthy people. A grocery store like Walmart deals with tons of cash. It seems to me IIRC armed vehicles go to grocery stores etc. 40k is not a great deal of money if it is a wire transfer. 40k in cash is a huge amount IMO. Of course, I am not wealthy. Although to a gang member we would appear to be high rollers:)

I work in banking in a private wealth management division - our clients have to have at least $5 million in liquid assets to qualify for our services.

$40k in cash IS a huge amount. Honestly, our clients hardly ever deal with cash. Pretty much everything is wires and electronic transfers - even the ones operating businesses.

Texting would be a lot easier way of covering your hiney ("delivered the package") then leaving a VM when in a stressful situation. (You don't have to rely on acting--clearly not his strong suit since he was called by LE--just on some typing.)
I wonder if he normally communicated by text with SS and AS. To another poster's point, people in their 20's text a lot. It varies with older people. Although I am in my forties and I text all the time with everyone except my elderly relatives.

My kids text a lot. But if it is a serious matter, I always text call me now!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member