DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A light bulb just went off. NG received a VM from SS. SS sister spoke to him on Thursday am. VF's husband talked to him on the phone.

JW had the most important task--delivering the 40k. But he just received and communicates via text messages??????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know we do not know for sure if there were vm's or not to JW. If there weren't and it was only texts I would wonder if that is when DW had SS' phone.

A light bulb just went off. NG received a VM from SS. SS sister spoke to him on Thursday am. VF's husband talked to him on the phone.

JW had the most important task--delivering the 40k. But he just received and communicates via text messages??????

:lightbulb:

I wonder if AB knew what SS sounded like. I thought it was possible that someone else talked to AB (but probably unlikely - someone had to know AB's name and number quickly).

Did they say whether JW and SS talked or just VMs left and texts exchanged? That would be very interesting...

Electronic messages do not pick up the emotions or state of mind of the sender and can be misread easily. Why even on WS disagreements can break out over a misinterpreted tone. Texting is great. But if it something important, I rely on the old fashioned communication method.

I think JW said he talked to SS 10 mins before he got to the house and got his "car" instructions (a story which obviously changed a couple times, so...hard to believe ANY part of it.)

From the charging doc:
When W1 was ten minutes away from Mr. S' residence he called Mr. S on the phone and informed him he was nearby and had the package. W1 stated that Mr. S instructed him to place the money on the seat of his red car which was parked in the garage on his house. W1 stated when he arrived at **** Wood**** , he went inside of the garage, located a key to unlock the door to the car in the garage and placed the envelope on the drivers seat. After placing the envelope on the drivers seat, W1 locked the vehicle and exited the garage and closed the door to same.
... JW admits he lied, then ...
W- I then drove to Mr. S', house and called Mr. S ten minutes before IT arrived at the home. Mr. S told W1 to leave the money in the car inside the garage. W1 stated, when IT arrived at Mr. S' garage, IT placed the money inside a manila envelope that was in IT's car. Afler placing the money in the envelope W1 stated IT placed the envelope on the drivers seat of the car in the garage.

SUCH a bizarre lie. There has to be some reason for it!

I don't know if this has been posted yet. Yesterday DW's new attorney gave an interview with ABC news in which he claims that DW was "set up"

http://abcnews.go.com/US/dc-mansion-murder-suspect-daron-wint-thinks-set/story?id=31825943

"He believes that once people begin to understand who else was out there and what was going on, they're going to see him in a very different light," attorney Sean Hanover told ABC News affiliate WJLA.

I think it is a preposterous claim for an attorney to make. If Wint was set up how does he explain Wints DNA on the pizza inside the house? how does he explain blood belonging to one of the victims on Wints shoes? how does he explain Wint captured on the run with $10,000 of the ransom money? The attorney implies that his client knows the identity of the "real" killers who "set him up". Why doesn't his client reveal to LE the identity of these killers?

Unfortunately the <modsnip>interviewer failed to challenge the attorney on this preposterous defense claim.

I don't know if this has been posted yet. Yesterday DW's new attorney gave an interview with ABC news in which he claims that DW was "set up"

http://abcnews.go.com/US/dc-mansion-murder-suspect-daron-wint-thinks-set/story?id=31825943

I think it is a preposterous claim for an attorney to make. If Wint was set up how does he explain Wints DNA on the pizza inside the house? how does he explain blood belonging to one of the victims on Wints shoes? how does he explain Wint captured on the run with $10,000 of the ransom money? The attorney implies that his client knows the identity of the "real" killers who "set him up". Why doesn't his client reveal to LE the identity of these killers?

Unfortunately the <modsnip> interviewer failed to challenge the attorney on this preposterous defense claim.

Welcome to our thread! We have discussed!

Can someone help me? I read an earlier account today that indicated $10,000 in money orders was found in the car DW was riding in when he was arrested. $10k in cash was discovered in the box truck. Does anyone have a link to the true amounts?

I think it is hard to compare the situations. SS had to speak to Mr. F because he was pounding on the door and causing a ruckus. So a call needed to be made. And the sister probably always spoke and did not usually text her brother. We are not of the 'texting' generation. My daughter and son text each other a lot, rarely call each other. But they are in their early 20's.

But I bet that SS usually texted instructions to his assistant. That is what bosses do. JMO

Which I understand as a way to keep a record. If having someone deliver $40,000 on which my family's life depended, I'd want to hear someone confirm they received and understood the message. This could all be moot, because there must be other calls, VMs and texts. JMO

From the charging doc:
When W1 was ten minutes away from Mr. S' residence he called Mr. S on the phone and informed him he was nearby and had the package. W1 stated that Mr. S instructed him to place the money on the seat of his red car which was parked in the garage on his house. W1 stated when he arrived at **** Wood**** , he went inside of the garage, located a key to unlock the door to the car in the garage and placed the envelope on the drivers seat. After placing the envelope on the drivers seat, W1 locked the vehicle and exited the garage and closed the door to same.
... JW admits he lied, then ...
W- I then drove to Mr. S', house and called Mr. S ten minutes before IT arrived at the home. Mr. S told W1 to leave the money in the car inside the garage. W1 stated, when IT arrived at Mr. S' garage, IT placed the money inside a manila envelope that was in IT's car. Afler placing the money in the envelope W1 stated IT placed the envelope on the drivers seat of the car in the garage.

SUCH a bizarre lie. There has to be some reason for it!

omg, I must be dense (I am sometimes) and I'm not being sarcastic. Please, nobody throw shoes at me, but I've read and re-read the above and I don't see a difference between the two. The first one has more detail, but aren't they basically the same? What am I not seeing?

Sometimes my head spins. But no green vomit.

I think we need to be careful about amounts of money here. There's been an assumption that only $20,000 was delivered but that is not at all established. Its an opinion (one that I don't share, at least with what we know at this point). We also don't know how much money was recovered when DW was arrested.

I realize SS' sister was quoted as saying she spoke with her brother that day but I really think she meant the day before. She said he sounded like his usual breezy self and no one else who spoke with him during the ordeal thought that.

omg, I must be dense (I am sometimes) and I'm not being sarcastic. Please, nobody throw shoes at me, but I've read and re-read the above and I don't see a difference between the two. The first one has more detail, but aren't they basically the same? What am I not seeing?

The locked car. He initially said the car was locked and he knew where the key was but admitted the car wasn't locked.

I think we need to be careful about amounts of money here. There's been an assumption that only $20,000 was delivered but that is not at all established. Its an opinion (one that I don't share, at least with what we know at this point). We also don't know how much money was recovered when DW was arrested.

I realize SS' sister was quoted as saying she spoke with her brother that day but I really think she meant the day before. She said he sounded like his usual breezy self and no one else who spoke with him during the ordeal thought that.

We actually do know and it's been posted if you read past threads.

Which I understand as a way to keep a record. If having someone deliver $40,000 on which my family's life depended, I'd want to hear someone confirm they received and understood the message. This could all be moot, because there must be other calls, VMs and texts. JMO

I know, but JW wouldn't know the importance of this because he assumed it was for the dojo. True, I'd bet there are other communications.

Lol!

Unfortunately the (brain dead) interviewer failed to challenge the attorney on this preposterous defense claim.

He's not saying he didn't do it. Just that it was someone else's idea... IMO

Audited Accounting, i.e. added missing links:

$1,000 DW paid Uber livery NY to DC- http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...iller-spent-1-000-cab-NY-DC-flee-manhunt.html

$10,000 in cash in truck - http://www.washingtonpost.com/posttv...4ae_video.html video @01:06

$10,000 in money orders in car - http://abcnews.go.com/2020/video/man...ctims-31738740 video @6:45

$5,000 in money orders cashed by two women after the arrest - http://www.scoopnest.com/user/AC360/603358164893962240
2 people w/ #MansionMurders suspect #Wint during his arrest cashed money orders for $2,500 - @PamelaBrownCNN reports

Total $26,000

babbm (bolded and biggahd by me)

I'm putting this here again because Facundo did all the work finding the links and then the math for me/us, lol. Yay!

Thank you to Facundo! Take a bow! :takeabow:

So far, this is more than half of $40k.

I know they hired a coach. But I am wondering if the family were reconsidering the value and need for a PA/driver. If the parents were considering making PS discontinue go karting, having JW around could add salt to an open wound. IDK

Thus, the escalation of JW's need for quick money to advance his career. IMO

IMO SS, with his racing connections, was worth more to JW alive than dead

I have a BOA Safe Deposit Box (haha nothing in it!) and No One, even if I die, is allowed access...unless later, by an executor of my will, possibly. So No Way would BOA have allowed someone access to SS's Safe Deposit Box ...
bbm

I'm puzzled by some of this post. If you have a valid will at time of your death, one of your executor's legal duties is locating all your property. Your safe deposit box may hold your property, such as precious metals; cash; jewelry, stock or bond certificates (not so common as yrs back, still poss); collectibles of value; family mementos/heirlooms; etc. Executor is also obligated to distrib property per your will's instructions, subject to probate ct supervision. (If no valid will at time of death, a slightly diff process & diff terms, same idea).

Not sure why you say nobody would have access,except executor, "possibly." I'm confused about "possibly."

After your death, once executor is aware of SDB existence, s/he is obligated to go to BoA (maybe w ct order and/or other docs), open box to inventory assets or to verify as empty.

As of this moment/today, BoA is clueless as to whether your SDB is empty or has $1,000,000+ US currency & the Hope Diamond in it. Who knows what you may put in box in next 1, 10, or 30 yrs, pre-death? 30 yrs from now, if you are living, bk will still be clueless about box contents. As long as (usu annual) fee is paid on SDB and bk is not notified of death, agreeing w your post, no access for anyone but you (and your designated signatory/ies, if any).

Post-death access to SDB - if your executor fails to locate your SDB, does not open, does not make it pt of probate process and years pass - do you think - despite SDB fee being unpaid for years after your death, a bk will say "no prob, just fine, no need to collect fee" and will fail to follow state's unclaimed property act or state escheat statute? Respectfully, no sarc.
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Uniform_Unclaimed_Property_Act&action=edit&redlink=1
http://www.missingmoney.com/ "MissingMoney.com is a database of governmental unclaimed property records. Common types of unclaimed property include: Bank accounts and safe deposit box contents."

You may wish to consider consulting atty who drafted and oversaw signing, witnessing, etc. of your will, for clarification. Or not. IANAL and don't play one on TV or WebSleuths. JM2cts and could be all wrong.

Hoping anyone w more definitive info & knowledge will chime in.

I'm putting this here again because Facundo did all the work finding the links and then the math for me/us, lol. Yay!

Thank you ro Facundo! :takeabow:

So far, this is more than half of $40k.

DW also had cash for a week prior to being arrested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1