DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if this has been posted yet. Yesterday DW's new attorney gave an interview with ABC news in which he claims that DW was "set up"

http://abcnews.go.com/US/dc-mansion-murder-suspect-daron-wint-thinks-set/story?id=31825943

I think it is a preposterous claim for an attorney to make. If Wint was set up how does he explain Wints DNA on the pizza inside the house? how does he explain blood belonging to one of the victims on Wints shoes? how does he explain Wint captured on the run with $10,000 of the ransom money? The attorney implies that his client knows the identity of the "real" killers who "set him up". Why doesn't his client reveal to LE the identity of these killers?

Unfortunately the <modsnip> interviewer failed to challenge the attorney on this preposterous defense claim.

It doesn't even sound to me that his lawyer is denying DW was there. The key word here is "who else" was out there. Attorney seems to be suggesting there were other people there with DW.

Yes. Did he buy his gf a new handbag? Shoes? Take his friends out on the town? Did others besides the two women get paid to launder the money? Did he gamble?

He obviously didn't buy himself new shoes...
That's another question I have about the women and the $2500 each. They say they converted cash into money orders and then cashed $5000 worth of money orders. Did I read somewhere that they were each paid $2500? If so, where did that $5000 come out of/go in Facundo's excellent accounting? Accounting is my achilles heel...

Not sure, but the $5000 in money orders that were cashed could be included in the $10,000 cash.

I personally think all the reported numbers are bogus. I've seen reports claiming there was more than $10k found. More than $10k could be anything.
We have to wait for police to reveal how much they found.

He obviously didn't buy himself new shoes...
That's another question I have about the women and the $2500 each. They say they converted cash into money orders and then cashed $5000 worth of money orders. Did I read somewhere that they were each paid $2500? If so, where did that $5000 come out of/go in Facundo's excellent accounting? Accounting is my achilles heel...

This reporting has been very confusing. Why would someone convert cash into money orders, only to turn around and convert money orders back into cash?

This reporting has been very confusing. Why would someone convert cash into money orders, only to turn around and convert money orders back into cash?

Money laundering. They want money that can't be traced to Bank of America

This new lawyer has only met with DW one time. Not like he has all this 'bomb shell' information to begin with.

Am I being naive in my thinking that the police have 99% more info than we do? No doubt our thread has provided much Intel based on MSM which leads me to believe they have investigated and have a good idea what went down. Just IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am I being naive in my thinking that the police have 99% more info than we do? No doubt our thread has provided much Intel based on MSM which leads me to believe they have investigated and have a good idea what went down. Just IMO.

By no means naive; quite the opposite. Spot-on.

Laundering money. Seriously, it's one way to do it. Another is Las Vegas (or whereever) - cash into chips, gamble a little, chips back into cash.

Clean money.

If they do, where are additional arrests?

I'm not an attorney or LE. What do we expect to happen in the next month? Will more documents be unsealed? What triggers that? Do we think a gang may be arrested in the middle of stealing or breaking down cars by SWAT? Will DW's attorney spin more stories publicly? Plea deal? What do we expect in next month?

I'm reposting since nobody responded.....

Money laundering. They want money that can't be traced to Bank of America

If bank kept records of serial numbers on the cash, they seem to be out of luck. Doesn't appear all the money were converted.

I know. It is impossible to get past it. Impossible. I think so much time has gone by and no arrests have been made that it's easy to think, "sure , okay, this guy totally lied about his actions about delivering what turned out to be ransom money," and "sure, it was discovered that DW and JW's families lived next door to each other" but that DOESNT PROVE ANYTHING.

But, man, common sense suggests there is a connection.

And I wonder why LE would not have released ANYTHING to suggest this person's innocence, but instead only let out details that suggest something nefarious.

I am no mastermind, c'mon!

I put this quote on speed dial just for this... Nancy Grace: "I've said many, many times - there is no coincidence in criminal law". ;)

What resonates with me is the DCPD are not holding press conferences. Which indicates to to me through interviews/DNA/ multiple interviews they have almost a clear picture of what went down. They have released little info. If you think about the magnitude of the crime captured national attention. Even with 20/20. They have been cautious . Why?

The converting into money orders made sense to me if he was sending it overseas, but cashing them out?! Someone else said maybe DW et al thought the money could be traced, so they were laundering it.

I put this quote on speed dial just for this... Nancy Grace: "I've said many, many times - there is no coincidence in criminal law". ;)

Nancy Grace said a lot of things. Doesn't make them true.

What resonates with me is the DCPD are not holding press conferences. Which indicates to to me through interviews/DNA/ multiple interviews they have almost a clear picture of what went down. They have released little info. If you think about the magnitude of the crime captured national attention. Even with 20/20. They have been cautious . Why?

If they have a clear picture, why haven't they arrested anyone else? The are the ones who claimed DW wasn't alone.

Laundering money. Seriously, it's one way to do it. Another is Las Vegas (or whereever) - cash into chips, gamble a little, chips back into cash.

Clean money.

That probably wouldn't work for me... :)

"I still have chips - I can't leave the table!"

My husband and I went to the South of France for our honeymoon. My first experience with gambling. Famous last words: "Oh look! They take AmEx!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1