DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So happy to wake up to the news that the vicious murderer has been identified. Is it just me or does this sound like a script from a crime show/movie? Family held "hostage" - perpetrator has connections and knows that large amt. of cash will be delivered to house - father occasionally communicates with outside but it doesn't alert others of his situation - even the pizza delivery person doesn't suspect what is going on inside that beautiful home. Sadly, the real world doesn't always end with a hero who figures it out and rushes in at the last minute to rescue everyone. Prayers for the family, especially the two lovely daughters who now hear the gruesome details of their little brother's death :(

"Criminal minds" comes to mind.

There were rumbles, yes.
Including the FBI agent (was he retired, I can't recall?) who hypothesized that Latinos like to kill with knives so..... _____ (fill in your own blank).

Over in the last thread, I distinctly remember a post that listed (in no particular order): a Latino landscaper (or part of a yard crew), who would know that there was a can of gasoline in the garage (because he was a landscaper, I imagine), and that Latino gang members like to use knives to kill.

I could be wrong, but I doubt it. I paid very close attention to that particular line of reasoning. I don't know that this particular guy said "latino" but the person who referenced him did. And the proverbial ball started rolling....

To be fair, I am not even sure information about knifes was correct. So far I've seen it reported by msm that they died from stab wounds but I've also seen that they died from blunt force trauma to the head.

There were rumbles, yes.
Including the FBI agent (was he retired, I can't recall?) who hypothesized that Latinos like to kill with knives so..... _____ (fill in your own blank).

Over in the last thread, I distinctly remember a post that listed (in no particular order): a Latino landscaper (or part of a yard crew), who would know that there was a can of gasoline in the garage (because he was a landscaper, I imagine), and that Latino gang members like to use knives to kill.

I could be wrong, but I doubt it. I paid very close attention to that particular line of reasoning. I don't know that this particular guy said "latino" but the person who referenced him did. And the proverbial ball started rolling....

I don't know why this is such a big deal. Anytime there is a murder and no identified perp. - everyone speculates based on what little is known. That is the whole role of a profiler is it not? And yes, sometimes they make assumptions that turn out to be incorrect.

There were rumbles, yes.

I was never with the landscaper scenario or the housekeepers involvement either. In fact the more I read about the family and seeing the family I could not imagine anyone who knew them or was related to them would ever harm them. Hearing about the condition of the bodies affirmed (for me) that it was a stranger. jmo idk

I'm mostly interested to know what his connection, if any, to the family was. Or if it was random...

Daron Dylon Wint, 34, has previous convictions for sexual assault, theft and weapon possession in Prince George's County, Maryland. Over the years, he has gone by the names Daron, Darron, Davon.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-son-DC-mansion-finding-DNA-pizza-crust.html

Just knowing this makes me feel very sick inside. I have no doubt now the females in the home were raped and I wouldn't be surprised if he sexually abused Philip and maybe even Savvas. He knew he was in full control of all of their lives and could do whatever he wanted to them.

He has to be a full blown raging psychopath to be able to do something this cruel/sadistic and ruthless to four innocent people.

The Downie case was a triple murder too, and yes agree that's the reason .. Community terror. I hope he's apprehended without incident today.

The DNA was rushed for Jenise in WA too, who was raped and murdered at age 5. She certainly was not a victim who was wealthy and her family in the trailer park didn't have influence. I think the threat to the community is a consideration in which cases get bumped to the top.

I'm trying to visualize the scene when the associate arrived with $40,000 cash. Did he ring the doorbell? Surely he didn't just leave it on the doorstep. Who answered the door? How did they act? Was the perpetrator standing just out of sight with the knife to the throat of one of the family??? Again...just horrible, horrible scenarios enter your mind as you ponder each detail of this case.

I'm mostly interested to know what his connection, if any, to the family was. Or if it was random...

Sometimes burglars case the "joint." They can learn information about the family that way.

I am thinking it was random, carjacking turned into home invasion turned into ransom, turned into murder.

I don't know why this is such a big deal. Anytime there is a murder and no identified perp. - everyone speculates based on what little is known. That is the whole role of a profiler is it not? And yes, sometimes they make assumptions that turn out to be incorrect.

Exactly. We look at the possibilities and it's not unexpected to be looking at what "seems" like the right direction. If only we could be perfect in figuring out the cases with the first clue - wouldn't that be great for the world?! But, alas, we do what we can as best we can. Sometimes people are wrong. That doesn't make them bad or racist or stupid.

It's always easy to point out errors after the answers are known.

I'm trying to visualize the scene when the associate arrived with $40,000 cash. Did he ring the doorbell? Surely he didn't just leave it on the doorstep. Who answered the door? How did they act? Was the perpetrator standing just out of sight with the knife to the throat of one of the family??? Again...just horrible, horrible scenarios enter your mind as you ponder each detail of this case.

The father would have given him instructions so if he told his assistant to leave it at the front door then assistant would do just that.
Pizza was left at the front door so perp didn't trust the father to be able to open the door and get the pizza (and the perp didn't want to do it himself for obvious reasons).

So what do we think now? He acted alone .. Or was there someone else involved?

I am thinking it was random, carjacking turned into home invasion turned into ransom, turned into murder.

How does security vest (shown around by police) comes in it? I think suspects showed up wearing security vests claiming to be from utility company to gain access to the home.

I'm wondering if her cleaning company has any customers left after this. I wouldn't want them in my home.

I've been wondering how her other clients are reacting as well. Even if she is 100% innocent and simply naive in the way she handled in the media, will people feel comfortable with her? Perhaps she has some loyal customers, but I can see her business taking a hit from all this, which means her employees could be losing out on work - people like Vera.

Sad case all around.

So what do we think now? He acted alone .. Or was there someone else involved?

I think more than one. At least two. It would be very hard for one guy to control that many people. The other suspect either ate all his pizza (no DNA) or his DNA isn't on file.

I wouldn't want a cleaner who talks, it's a right royal pain in the butt when you find out someone you let in your home to do work is running around telling tales about you and your family. Like people died, they have children who survived and she's selling texts to the media and doing interviews .. how insensitive can you get?? Talking too much and inappropriately would be my issue with NG and that also makes her a security threat.

Simply standing up for all the non-landscaper Latinos out there.

Simply standing up for all the non-landscaper Latinos out there.

Even when discussion was about El Salvadorian landscapers, I didn't notice anyone casting dispersion on Latinos in general. Not in the slightest. In fact, I noticed careful consideration and thoughtful pondering.

I also noticed a lot of admiration and affection for Vera and her family.

We discussed the information we had available to us. People were not being unkind or unreasonable during this thread.

So there more interviews with NG. I distinctly remember she claimed to another newspaper the system was always on?

"Then again, Gutierrez said in an interview Wednesday that the Savopouloses were not hyper-vigilant about security and sometimes left doors to the house or garage open. The family had expensive jewelry and a valuable art collection inside the home, she said."
http://www.newsday.com/news/nation/...y-found-dead-washington-police-say-1.10457699

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jameshoots