DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny...he doesn't look like a landscaper of Latino origin....landscaper maybe, but definitely not Latino.

He left pizza crust behind. They set the house on fire so didn't expect DNA evidence to remain. But fire was put down quickly.

Fractions aside, if you're not eating the crusts, you are "half-eating" the pizza. Even if it's not literally half that you've eaten. And then relying on an attempt at arson to cover up his careless mess...

Point being: glad he's not the brightest.

Funny...he doesn't look like a landscaper of Latino origin....landscaper maybe, but definitely not Latino.

Did anybody say suspect was supposed to be a landscaper of Latino origin?

WOW if that doesn't tear at you. My prayers are with him and his family... so much love and sadness for his loss.
Yes and to hear that little boy in the background screaming. I can't even imagine how hard it was for SS to stay so calm hearing his baby being tortured. Please God let these pigs be caught soon.

I don't believe anyone here made any comment like this. I think a profiler or two, in the news, speculated this might be the case.

Terrific. Thanks for zoom & enlargement of photo.

One sign says "BDC Companies" and gives phone "202-258-7586."
Can anyone read text between those lines?
In trying to google w this info, I came up short. TIA.

General Contracting...can't read the rest.

Terrific. Thanks for zoom & enlargement of photo.

One sign says "BDC Companies" and gives phone "202-258-7586."
Can anyone read text between those lines?
In trying to google w this info, I came up short. TIA.

I just Googled this company and phone number, and very few things come up- in fact, this forum was the fourth Google result.

A BBB page comes up, but only says that they are not BBB accredited: http://www.bbb.org/washington-dc-ea...t-a-bdc-companies-in-washington-dc-170837048/

Also found this page: http://www.buzzfile.com/business/T.s.A-Bdc-Companies-202-258-7586

The police should check car dealerships. I wouldn't be surprised that instead of planning for his ummm "future", Daron probably has, blown most of the money on a used sports car.

i really wish we could leave the race of the and how much money the victims made out of it.
I agree with you on the race issue. However (JMO), I do believe the wealth of 3 of the victims is very relevant to the motive in this case. Savva worked very hard, with many irons in the fire, to get where he was and provided very well for his family (and not all CEO's are that committed to their jobs; I've known some who just allow others to run the business while they're out soaking in their riches). I do think DDW was very jealous of him and what he had -- especially that fancy car of Amy's -- so that's why he destroyed the family, the car and attempted to destroy the house. Somehow he thought he could get away with that and enjoy some of the wealth that Savva worked so very hard for.

That's my opinion because I've known people like that. They're jealous of what someone else possesses or has achieved. Jealous that someone else has a college degree and/or advanced position in a company, having worked very hard to achieve, while they themselves (admittedly) blew off high school and took drugs. And, they're convinced that people who work hard without complaining must have it a lot easier than they do.

Also, I mentioned earlier a recent houseguest, whom I will call a former friend (of her choosing). She and her husband bought a very nice home, but it was beyond their financial means -- especially after the woman quit working and the man had a sporadic employment history (at least, according to the wife). After she and her husband separated, she could not afford the mortgage payments. She could have given the house over to her husband, admitting she could have rented an apartment, but she claimed she deserved that house and could not tolerate noisy neighbors in an apartment building. Also, she claimed she could not work because she was disabled, although she hadn't been to a doctor in more than 10 years (from what I could ascertain) and took up jogging when she began dating after her divorce. She lied about her health and many other things to take advantage of her friends, including myself. I tried to help her the most I could, but I have struggled with a disability for more than 25 years, which has progressed (and I have received medical treatment for it all along), so I have struggled to find jobs which are within my physical capabilities. I even went back to school, paying my way. I have never owned a home, living with my mother until I was 30 and then living in an apartment. I was unemployed for 1½ years and living in subsidized housing while I was helping my former friend, yet she kept wanting more out of me. After she abandoned her home and was evicted from an extended-stay hotel for nonpayment (she solicited friends on FB for funds to pay), she asked to stay with me. Oh, yeah... at one point, I told her about my new job, describing how I had to adjust my medications and make other adjustments to make it doable, and her reply was "Well, I CAN'T work." But, not long afterwards, she informed me she had to look for a job in order to survive and was using me as a reference. When she came here, she didn't look for a job as she had promised, but always had an excuse. When I finally got her to leave, she wanted to take some of my belongings with her, including a cane. The whole time, I had a feeling she was jealous of me and what I have. After I had first agreed to let her stay here while she looked for a job, I immediately had a very bad feeling about it and began informing everyone (including family, friends and coworkers) in case something happened to me.

My point is that people with this narcissistic mindset believe that everyone else is better off than they are, and are intent on getting what they believe they deserve. Yes, they even demand it of people. They are, it seems, oblivious to the suffering of others. I don't have anywhere near what the Savopoulos family had, so the level of jealousy DDW had toward the Savopoulos family, IMO, was likely proportionate to their wealth. I'm sure DDW had no problem killing Vera Figueroa, either, because he considered her position with a wealthy family privileged. If he knew how hard Vera had labored through the years and how her work was taking a toll on her, he had no empathy. Of course, Philip had no control over the family he was born into, but it sounds like he (poor boy) was tortured the most which, most likely, DDW reveled in the reaction it got from the parents. I am really thinking that DDW had some connection to the family -- there was a reason he particularly resented them. I think he probably worked short-term jobs here and there, and that will turn out to be the connection.

I don't believe anyone here made any comment like this. I think a profiler or two, in the news, speculated this might be the case.

You are correct. The one I saw it was said by ex- FBI agent on a news channel and he said people for San Salvador prefer to use knives instead of guns, iirc.

I am surprised that with the release of his name and picture that there is not a warning of him being armed and or dangerous.

I thought DNA only took a long time because of the backlog so I assumed this was rushed to the front of the queue .. That's happened here before (Jason Downie) and the results came back in around 10 days which is when they made the arrest.

Why burn up Philip?

Jealousy IMO.

I have seen DNA rushed in two others cases as well. The mass murder case of the 5 Gee family members in Illinois and also the mass murder case of the Heinz family (8) in Ga. DNA came back in two or three days after it was sent. I think they rush mass murder cases more than others because the communities feels unsafe when so many are found murdered.

I have seen DNA rushed in two others cases as well. The mass murder case of the 5 Gee family members in Illinois and also the mass murder case of the Heinz family (8) in Ga. DNA came back in two or three days after it was sent. I think they rush mass murder cases more than others because the communities feels unsafe when so many are found murdered.

The Downie case was a triple murder too, and yes agree that's the reason .. Community terror. I hope he's apprehended without incident today.

Daron and Veralicia both had the same "chances." They came here as immigrants. One chose to work hard, support her children that she was separated from, send them to college, save her money for her retirement. She lived a life that deserves the highest praise, taking the bus to do physical labor everyday. Those were HER choices.

Then we see bulked up Daron. What a Facebook page! What are his choices? Make babies, sexual assault, preen and take selfies. Probably laying around taking pictures of himself while Veralicia was working hard all day long. I doubt that lady even had time for Facebook.

When the media start making Daron a victim...Veralicia will have to be conveniently forgotten.

This is about CHOICES.

Speaking of choices, Cathy Lanier was a high school drop out, and was pregnant. She chose to get a GED and two graduate degrees, and rose in ranks to Chief of DC metro police.

As far as the media telling us how wonderful this vicious murderer is, it will actually be quotes from defense attorneys, not "the media ", much like we heard about "poor abused" Jodi Arias from her defense team.

Speaking of choices, Cathy Lanier was a high school drop out, and was pregnant. She chose to get a GED and two graduate degrees, and rose in ranks to Chief of DC metro police.

As far as the media telling us how wonderful this vicious murderer is, it will actually be quotes from defense attorneys, not "the media ", much like we heard about "poor abused" Jodi Arias from her defense team.
Thank you for this. I had no idea of the chief's background.

There were rumbles, yes.
Including the FBI agent (was he retired, I can't recall?) who hypothesized that Latinos like to kill with knives so..... _____ (fill in your own blank).

Over in the last thread, I distinctly remember a post that listed (in no particular order): a Latino landscaper (or part of a yard crew), who would know that there was a can of gasoline in the garage (because he was a landscaper, I imagine), and that Latino gang members like to use knives to kill.

I could be wrong, but I doubt it. I paid very close attention to that particular line of reasoning. I don't know that this particular guy said "latino" but the person who referenced him did. And the proverbial ball started rolling....

ETA: It began w/post #952 from the last thread:

MyBelle
MyBelle is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
Very interesting insights. Someone of latin descent would use a knife also knew gasoline was in the garage. Sounds like a landscaper to me.
Our landscapers never enter our garage. They haul and use their own equipment and gas.

Sorry, I don't know how to do all the fancy cutting and pasting. This was the best I could do.

So happy to wake up to the news that the vicious murderer has been identified. Is it just me or does this sound like a script from a crime show/movie? Family held "hostage" - perpetrator has connections and knows that large amt. of cash will be delivered to house - father occasionally communicates with outside but it doesn't alert others of his situation - even the pizza delivery person doesn't suspect what is going on inside that beautiful home. Sadly, the real world doesn't always end with a hero who figures it out and rushes in at the last minute to rescue everyone. Prayers for the family, especially the two lovely daughters who now hear the gruesome details of their little brother's death :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member