DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So glad to see they have ID'd a suspect, he may turn himself in now that he is a wanted man. The being held for 10 hours in the one article has me thinking that he came into the home with SS when he arrived after leaving the chantilly location about 6 pm wednesday, not knowing what time he did get to the home I think wint was with him then. jmo idk

A closeup of the signs in/near the garage
474005224_master.jpg

I am really curious what his "self employed" status means. That could be the clue as to why he picked this particular family.
I'm also wondering what his degree from Prince George's Community College is in. Here is a list of their programs: http://www.pgcc.edu/Programs_and_Courses/Credit_Offerings.aspx

My guess is that he got a certificate (graduated in 2002) in Electronic Engineering or something of that nature. About the program: http://www.pgcc.edu/Programs_and_Courses/Program_Detail.aspx?programID=6442462370

He doesn't seem like the scientific or mathematics type, but it could explain how the security system was disabled.

Hope they catch him soon! Good work LE!

Im guessing that the kitchen had a trash compactor and that's where they found they pizza crust. Protecting it somewhat from fire and water damage?
I'm thinking he left it out on the kitchen counter. I think the fire was mostly contained to the upper floors and was extinguished relatively quickly. It's a big house, so I wouldn't be surprised if areas of the house were untouched by fire and water. JMO

I'm thinking he left it out on the kitchen counter. I think the fire was mostly contained to the upper floors and was extinguished relatively quickly. It's a big house, so I wouldn't be surprised if areas of the house were untouched by fire and water. JMO

I agree. There was a comment by one of the firefighters in one of the People Magazine articles that came out stating that the fire wasn't very large and they put it out quickly. I don't think there was much fire/water damage to the house (or pizza) at all.....especially if they ate the pizza downstairs.

True. I was thinking about all the water damage I had from just a leaky washing machine from an upstairs apt dweller I had had a few yrs back. Either way it was an incredible break for the pd and a stupid mistake by Wint.
This has no where to run now with the reward money as high as it is.

I agree. There was a comment by one of the firefighters in one of the People Magazine articles that came out stating that the fire wasn't very large and they put it out quickly. I don't think there was much fire/water damage to the house (or pizza) at all.....especially if they ate the pizza downstairs.

My first thought with the small fire is that Phillip was clearly the starting point.
I don't think it started in his ROOM, I think it started with him.
Small fire, put out quickly and he's burned beyond recognition? :sick:

I wish there was a punishment in the legal system that fit this crime. :furious:

True. I was thinking about all the water damage I had from just a leaky washing machine from an upstairs apt dweller I had had a few yrs back. Either way it was an incredible break for the pd and a stupid mistake by Wint.
This has no where to run now with the reward money as high as it is.
Just thinking how ironic that is ... the person who turns him in will get more money (and get to keep it) than he did (which he won't get to use).

Not surprised, really, that he made mistakes leading to his ID and (optimistically) capture. My impression of the perp was that he is narcissistic, and I do see that in his FB page. He thinks he's a lot smarter than he is and certainly has no empathy for others. His post stating "it's all about me" (Aug. 2011) says it all. He only thinks about himself. I'll bet he does a lot of whining about how he's being mistreated once he is captured. It's disgusting how these people are so egocentric while they thinking nothing of harming someone else. :furious:

Let's hope he has a lot of buddies who are just as egocentric and can't wait to get their hands on that $100K reward!

BBM

I agree with all you have said there, even if NG was not directly involved in what happened she still SUCKS for talking to media so much and sharing these texts and the voicemail.

I'm wondering if her cleaning company has any customers left after this. I wouldn't want them in my home.

A closeup of the signs in/near the garage
474005224_master.jpg
Terrific. Thanks for zoom & enlargement of photo.

One sign says "BDC Companies" and gives phone "202-258-7586."
Can anyone read text between those lines?
In trying to google w this info, I came up short. TIA.

Ellison Barber ‏@ellisonbarber 2h2 hours ago
Police are searching the backyard at #Savopoulos suspect's last known address. http://on.wusa9.com/1SfDJJB @wusa9

WUSA9 ‏@wusa9 2h2 hours ago

Police searching last known home in Lanham for person wanted in #Savopoulos murders. http://on.wusa9.com/1JBECsd

Dna usually takes a while to come back.

So i think LE had way more than dna.

Jmo.

This guy was hired.

Jmo. But they forgot to tell him don't order pizza.

I hope his last crack smoking session is worth the life in prison that he will receive.

I knew only poor N takes the car.

Now Lets just see who his call log from his cell phone pops up.

Btw. Did he rape the boy?

Why burn him up.

Maybe he he didn't rape the kid; But locked him in alive and set fire to his room because he didn't want to manually murder the son.

I thought DNA only took a long time because of the backlog so I assumed this was rushed to the front of the queue .. That's happened here before (Jason Downie) and the results came back in around 10 days which is when they made the arrest.

Why burn up Philip?

Jealousy IMO.

I thought DNA only took a long time because of the backlog so I assumed this was rushed to the front of the queue .. That's happened here before (Jason Downie) and the results came back in around 10 days which is when they made the arrest.

Why burn up Philip?

Jealousy IMO.

You may be right.

They now sell instant pregnancy test at the Dollar Store that a Dr's office will still bill you $500 for.

Go figure.

But on the real show First 48; Dna still takes awhile. So either science is now on a csi Vegas level; Or only rich people get dna matches approved and expedited this fast. J mo

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/20/politics/dc-house-fire-money-motive/

Bernardo Alfaro, the husband of the slain housekeeper, added another piece to the puzzle in an exclusive interview with CNN affiliate WJLA Wednesday. He said he received a phone call from Savvas Savopoulos when he went to check in on his wife on Thursday, telling him she hadn't come home the night before because she was at the hospital with a sick Amy Savopoulos.

"I'm sorry because I didn't call you," Alfaro said Savopoulos told him. "(Veralicia) is at the hospital ... she has to stay with my wife because she was feeling bad and asked Vera to go with her."

Alfaro said he thought that explanation was curious.

"I started thinking, 'Why? She doesn't drive. She doesn't speak very good English,'" he said.

Alfaro saw his wife for the last time after 10 years of marriage on Wednesday, when he took her to the bus to go to work. His last words to her were, "I love you, God bless you."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/20/politics/dc-house-fire-money-motive/

Bernardo Alfaro, the husband of the slain housekeeper, added another piece to the puzzle in an exclusive interview with CNN affiliate WJLA Wednesday. He said he received a phone call from Savvas Savopoulos when he went to check in on his wife on Thursday, telling him she hadn't come home the night before because she was at the hospital with a sick Amy Savopoulos.

"I'm sorry because I didn't call you," Alfaro said Savopoulos told him. "(Veralicia) is at the hospital ... she has to stay with my wife because she was feeling bad and asked Vera to go with her."

Alfaro said he thought that explanation was curious.

"I started thinking, 'Why? She doesn't drive. She doesn't speak very good English,'" he said.

Alfaro saw his wife for the last time after 10 years of marriage on Wednesday, when he took her to the bus to go to work. His last words to her were, "I love you, God bless you."

Since the suspect is black; It sounds like the living maid who still has a accent; sent that text. Jmo

Since i deal with foreigners. I could tell the way emails or texts seem a like.
So i think the living maid is guilty of something.
Jmo

Why burn up Philip?

Jealousy IMO.
I hope this doesn't spur any rich-people-get-preferential-treatment comments, but DNA can be completed quickly. Results identifying the remains of John Glasgow were located, submitted, tested and returned within a one day period.
http://www.katv.com/story/28493480/only-on-7-hiker-that-found-glasgow-remains-speaks-out
Has it been released if Phillip died from sharp force trauma or burning? I would like to know why his body was burned as well, and hope he was already gone.

Perhaps, just for this one day, we can have a brief moment of gratitude for all the police offficiers working this case and working EVERYWHERE to try to keep us safe in our homes from scum like this. This story will vanish soon from the media ....you can be
certain of that. Soon we will be reading sympathetic articles about the Perp.

Did the DNA come back quickly because these are "rich people" or because murderers who delight in torturing children were on the lose...and after burning the hard-working maid alive as well as the RICH family....could obviously do ANYTHING to any one of us...or our children to get what they need or want. Maybe it was just a little bit about public safety and not "rich people."

The mindset of this perp is so obvious..."self-employed"....34 years old living with his Father...yet inviting women to make babies with him that he can't support. And then he assaults, burglarizes and tortures to get what he feels like taking. Contrast please with the deceased Housekeeper...who worked stressed or not...hard work...to provide for herself and her family.

But we will hear in the media soon, what a fabulous young man this is and this is all somebody else's fault. Wait for it.

Since the suspect is black; It sounds like the living maid who still has a accent; sent that text. Jmo

Since i deal with foreigners. I could tell the way emails or texts seem a like.
So i think the living maid is guilty of something.
Jmo

Ugh, maybe the text was just rushed/secret because they were being terrorized...maybe the wife was using swipe, because most phones aren't qwerty/keyboards...only touch screen if you're trippin' out and scared you may not be the most accurate text-er

"since the suspect is black..." "maid...accent" "since I deal with foreigners... I think the living made is guilty of something"

Oh, that's not very nice language/wording

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member