DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know that it was random?
I dont understanding the false sense of security lies if there is a random killer on the lose people need to know!

If this was random and SS had the opportunity to make "a flurry of calls" to collect the money it is even more heartbreaking that no one suspected anything. It does not look like the killer/s knew enough about the family (if random) to know an outright lie.

SS could have stated that all of his fund transfers had to be approved by his CFO or something and made a call with many more red flags IMOO. Maybe some were, maybe everyone was not paying attention.

Why $40M and who put the money in the box if not the assistant? I read this cash delivery system was normal??? Why? Scratching head. I don't see how anyone could be careless of such large sums (to us common folks) and not even need a double custody or signature system. And $40M for a grand opening - Why?

Very sad for that little boy.

Ok Al66pine .. his FB is a pic of some kind of car in the cover shot, someone might be able to say what that is, some kind of modern pillarless V8 though .. for the most part the photos are either cars or himself with no shirt on, and shall we say women of questionable taste .. lots of pouty women anyway with very little on, some of the pouts are comical to say the least, as are the poses. There is also a picture of a cute young baby with a statement by DDW that if any other ladies want a cute baby like this to call him, if the child is really his of course, to which another young lady replies that it most certainly is, this is followed by a more of the same, then one more post that says he is 'free' now and it's all about him.

I agree...car guy....guy who wants a really nice car...that FB page, if it is the suspect's and it appears to be, has a very expensive Mercedes as a cover photo and a comment/post about Lambo wheels/rims he wanted...car guy or wannabe. Wanted a nice ride...and they had 4 nice rides from what I've read-range a Rover, Audi, Porsche, and some rare exotic. I fear the Porsche, or one of the other cars, may have set this in motion. I wouldn't want to be on his FB friends list right now...especially the male ones...

I though the " free" comment referenced being out of jail from a conviction or from the charges he pled guilty to. Just my interpretation...from looking at post dates. Will reexamine.

I agree...car guy....guy who wants a really nice car...that FB page, if it is the suspect's and it appears to be, has a very expensive Mercedes as a cover photo and a comment/post about Lambo wheels/rims he wanted...car guy or wannabe. Wanted a nice ride...and they had 4 nice rides from what I've read-range a Rover, Audi, Porsche, and some rare exotic. I fear the Porsche, or one of the other cars, may have set this in motion. I wouldn't want to be on his FB friends list right now...especially the male ones...

I though the " free" comment referenced being out of jail from a conviction or from the charges he pled guilty to. Just my interpretation...from looking at post dates. Will reexamine.

I agree, and also thought the 'free' comment referred to him getting out of jail. He may well have been attracted to the family via their love of cars somehow, the son Philip was also into go-karting, and wasn't the father involved with motor racing also? As of now he has 579 friends, let's see how many he has by morning.

I was thinking this evening that as disturbing as the torture details were to hear, that may have been the motive in releasing that info to the media. Just to let people ponder how cold blooded this crime was and perhaps give someone 2nd thoughts about him, as if murder of 4 people wasn't enough.

I think you're absolutely right.

I dont understanding the false sense of security lies if there is a random killer on the lose people need to know!

There is nothing at this point that I am aware of that would indicate that it is or isn't random. We don't know his connections yet. Who is to say that he or someone he is connected with did not work at the build out of the MA business? He or one of the perps acquaintances could have connected with a family member from having done some work on the cars, home improvements, landscaping, etc. SS had a lot of projects going on and any of these could have brought him or his family in contact with this guy, or his friends/family.

To me it still does not seem random with the hostage taking, the ransom, etc. Where did the gasoline come from, the rope to tie and presumably tape to bind them if it was not preplanned? Not to say that those things could not have been found around the home but surely there was jewelry, electronics, and other valuables that a random home invasion type would take and get out fast with. Even a violent one that killed his victims first. I may be wrong, but it just feels premeditated to me.

It is the all night torture part of the crime along with the demands for the money to be dropped that sounds like someone knew more details about the family to me.

I think we have an answer to why he took the Porsche, going by his FB he has a bit of a thing for fast cars. This is a very immature crime IMO, ill conceived, and poorly planned .. as well as badly executed. Terrible waste for no gain, I doubt he'll be heading back to Guyana, he's the kind of guy that would stick out like a sore thumb anywhere but Baltimore.

What do you mean? Why Baltimore?

If this was random and SS had the opportunity to make "a flurry of calls" to collect the money it is even more heartbreaking that no one suspected anything. It does not look like the killer/s knew enough about the family (if random) to know an outright lie.

SS could have stated that all of his fund transfers had to be approved by his CFO or something and made a call with many more red flags IMOO. Maybe some were, maybe everyone was not paying attention. ....
Edited for brevity

Respectfully, I don't think that it's appropriate to second guess SS. God only knows the horrors he endured. Among other things, it sounds like he had a knife to his neck and saw a knife at his son's neck.

Quote Originally Posted by birpu
Reporters not reporting correctly? There have just been so many conflicting stories. I guess I was banking on a family connection. The cops said it was someone who knew the family's routines. That makes one feel safer from random violent greed. This is just sickening.

Yes - I think we are on the same page. Random bad. Family connection also bad, but not as threatening to public at large as random.

Edited for brevity

Respectfully, I don't think that it's appropriate to second guess SS. God only knows the horrors he endured. Among other things, it sounds like he had a knife to his neck and saw a knife at his son's neck.

It sounds like SS DID try and get the message across more then once that something was very wrong. Likely his son really did get a concussion and his wife was sick with horror among other things. ALL involved need to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
Such an awful tragedy, God bless their daughters during this time.

Looking at his selfie photo I'm just not sure he is the one in the video running with the bucket. DDW looks stockier, don't you think?

In his most recent photo of himself on his FB page with the backwards cap on (with the gal in the blue dress....also in media reports) he looks leaner to me than in the muscle photos he posted 1+ years ago. Given the fact that he isn't very tall, I can see that being him in the video.

Yes, he appears to be bigger in the arms and chest and rather slight in the legs, since he is wearing a hoddie in the CCTV then that could very well be him.

Also, do we think he took the Porsche for a joyride up and down the street on Wednesday night, and is the reason he took so long to dump it simply because he was enjoying riding it around until he heard about the fire on the radio?

Does anyone know the name of the security company that patrols the neighbourhood or better yet for the house?

My guess on what some perceive as "awkwardness" of the text message is probably Amy trying to make it sound not exactly like herself to tip off the recipient that something was odd or up. I don't think the perp wrote it. I think Amy was under duress to write it and had to walk a fine line of doing what she was told to do make sure the housekeeper did not come but tried to make it different than she would have normally communicated in the same type of message. I don't think this has anything to do with American or non American phrasing.

I am really curious what his "self employed" status means. That could be the clue as to why he picked this particular family.

Im guessing that the kitchen had a trash compactor and that's where they found they pizza crust. Protecting it somewhat from fire and water damage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CalamityGirl