DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe it will be revealed that Savvas has never asked for this type of transaction including the money to be left unattended at the front door.
Most wealthy people I know rarely deal in cash at all. They want all transactions recorded for tax purposes. I think Savvas was a very savvy businessman to make it so far in his career. So I do not believe this has ever happened and only happened this time because he had no choice in the matter.IMO

OBE-
Thanks for explaining more about your line of thought and
I agree, w your conclusion - no (significant) cash drops will be revealed.

NG just was not necessarily around S home to know if cash drop offs occurred, imo.
So I doubted she was reliable source of info re cash drops.

My post s/h/bn clearer. I share your thought re likely absence of prior cash drops -
based on my exp w how wealthy tend to handle financial transactions. JM2cts.

Labrador, an aggressive watch dog.
Oh my.

I laughed at this, too- I have 2 black lab mixes who can bark a good game, but I don't think I can count on them aggressively defending me (& I hope I never have to find out).

I laughed at this, too- I have 2 black lab mixes who can bark a good game, but I don't think I can count on them aggressively defending me (& I hope I never have to find out).

I just rolled my eyes at that. An aggressive watch dog Labrador. My understanding the dog actually was found in the yard. And nobody claimed to have heard excessive barking.
So it wasn't even barking despite family being held inside. Some watch dog.

Only one conviction for misdemeanor assault:

...That was in 2008, and Wint was sentenced in March 2009 to 30 days in jail, which was suspended, online court records show. He has faced charges of domestic violence, driving without a license and insurance, theft and in other cases of assault. Most cases were either not pursued by prosectors or he was found not guilty, the records show.

<snip>

In one 2010 incident in Prince George&#8217;s, Wint allegedly threatened to kill a woman and her 2-year-old daughter. He was accused of busting the front windshield and rear window of her car before breaking into her Cheverly apartment and stealing a 43 inch TV.

Court papers said the incident began when Wint and the woman were returning home from a nightclub and Wint was &#8220;extremely intoxicated using profanity toward her and her friends.&#8221; Wint later called the woman and threatened her, saying he was &#8220;good with a knife&#8221; and was not scared of police.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...707c0c-ffa7-11e4-833c-a2de05b6b2a4_story.html

All those charges and only 1 conviction?

I dont understand how people as violent as him and with such a long rap sheet can just be out walking the streets.

Its almost like the courts wait till they do something real serious before giving them serious prison time.

Well they have to prosecute him now.

FYI I'm in NY and just got an alert about DDW being in the area. Well, alrighty.

Labrador, an aggressive watch dog.
Oh my.

Yeah...I find that rather hinky! I read a post that said she thought if a stranger entered the yard he would have attacked immediately (paraphrased).

Nah...just can't buy that!!!

I dont understand how people as violent as him and with such a long rap sheet can just be out walking the streets.

Its almost like the courts wait till they do something real serious before giving them serious prison time.

There is so much of that going around.
Charge after charge, arrest after arrest, yet they are out and about.

Another poster just linked to convictions in NY.

MSM: Where are your Fact Checkers? How about using them!

Ooohhh what kind of alert? On your phone? I'm glad they're working to get the word out.

Stay safe!

On my FB. Local station alert.
I am sure NY's finest are all over this. If he's here, they'll get him.

I need to start reading from the last post made by a member yikes!
sorry!

Even if there is a possible federal crime of transporting a stolen car over state lines -- (D.C. to Maryland) -- that crime certainly does not carry the death penalty. It looks like the most serious possible crime -- murder one -- is a state law offense for which there is no DP in D.C.

Oh the Feds can come up with something if they think he deserves the death penalty. But I think the local jurisdiction will be the one to try the homicide cases.

I hope and pray he does not ha e a chance to harm anyone else before they arrest him!
Nervous for people in NY.

When NG takes the stand at trial the defense attorney is going to have a field day with her.

He will eventually get hungry and will be caught.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
welsh98