DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just as we are discussing these murdering *****, I had somebody from utility company knocking on my door. They wanted to get into my backyard. They went into my back yard (they were apparently legit), but it's so very easy to pretend to be from some utility company and get access to the house.

I would have been so jumpy if that happened while I was reading this thread, lol!

Just as we are discussing these murdering *****, I had somebody from utility company knocking on my door. They wanted to get into my backyard. They went into my back yard (they were apparently legit), but it's so very easy to pretend to be from some utility company and get access to the house.

Be careful. This exact scenario happened in my peaceful neighborhood. Two men knocked on a resident's front door in utility uniforms, saying there was a suspected gas leak and they needed to get into the back yard - on a Sunday morning. Once in the back yard, the third perp arrived and they entered the home from the unlocked back door with guns drawn and held the couple on the floor at gunpoint while ransacking for cash and jewelry. They did not shoot anybody thank goodness. This is a very upscale quiet area with large lawns and lovely homes. Neighbors know each other. We always think we are safe, but - maybe we are just easier targets because of that. Call the utility before opening ANY door to people to make sure it is real.

Hello, all,
I'm back after a long absence- been caring for my 93 year old mother. Joined last May because of a close to home case. I have family near this one. Ugh.

Yes, 2014 May it was Dermond. 2015 May it is Savopoulos.
I find it hard to believe the Porsche isn't on camera continuously. I can leave my house in metro Atlanta and be on camera for many miles between street / highway cams and retail parking lot cameras. A reporter for the AJC, our newspaper, did an article about this 5 or 6 years ago. On the drive from his house to work in downtown Atlanta and he was on camera starting at the YMCA until he got to work- almost 22 miles--And that Porsche would be easy to pick out. It's not a white Altima or Accord!

Younger perp in Petit case had a "fondness" for young females. Apparently the younger Petit daughter is what attracted him to follow them home. They both got the death penalty, which most likely will never be carried out (it's in CT).
But I think this case is different in that the perp likely targeted this family and were familiar with their routine.

It may be eerily similar.

Whoever this lowlife scum is they are ruthless. They have to be to tortured a young child. That tells a lot about their psychological makeup and its scary as hell.

So I am afraid that Amy and the maid might have suffered the same fate as the Petit family did and both were raped before they were murdered.

Torture and overkills are no longer just for someone that knew the victims. Even stranger home invader/robbers/murderers have also raped their victims.

They do this because they can and want to inflict as much pain and suffering on all of the victims as much as possible.

For some of these victims death had to bring peace to them by ending the hell they were forced to endure at the hands of a monster or monsters.

IMO

Ordering the pizza raises a lot of questions in my head. If it was the killer/s ordering, WHY risk that, when they didn't even want Nelly there to identify them? Did they send Savvas to the door? I doubt it because he could have written something on the receipt to hand to him or make a face or something that something was very wrong. And I can't see the perps going to the door due to being identified later. The other thought I had is that app you can order a pizza from by clicking once. I wonder if when they allowed Savvas to call Nelly did he quickly click that, hoping the pizza folks would clue in to something going on when they showed up?

Re BBM
Good thinking. That maybe exactly what the father did. He seemed to try to talk in code to get the other maid to know something was up. He may have tried this pizza app order to try to get help.

I agree that the English used is awkward. I have Spanish-speaking friends who are fluent, but still sometimes use syntax that isn't usual for English speakers. For example "Amy's" text to AG about not coming to work on Thursday morning doesn't sound right to my ears, even if someone wrote under stress or with auto-correct.

Can someone post the texts please. Tia

Ordering the pizza raises a lot of questions in my head. If it was the killer/s ordering, WHY risk that, when they didn't even want Nelly there to identify them? Did they send Savvas to the door? I doubt it because he could have written something on the receipt to hand to him or make a face or something that something was very wrong. And I can't see the perps going to the door due to being identified later. The other thought I had is that app you can order a pizza from by clicking once. I wonder if when they allowed Savvas to call Nelly did he quickly click that, hoping the pizza folks would clue in to something going on when they showed up?

My answer to why they ordered Dominoes is the same as my answer to why he/they burned the car: Because they are jerks and because they could.

Ordering Dominoes is a clue on who the perps are - they aren't sophisticated or high-end eaters. It's not like other options wouldn't have been available to them in that neighborhood, including food from the house kitchen (which makes me think Vera wasn't alive when they ordered the pizza) or a higher-end take-out place. They probably are young, too, to want to eat Dominoes.

I think part of the pizza order was that they got off on the brazen act of ordering pizza and not paying for it in the midst of a crime.

It may be eerily similar.

Whoever this lowlife scum is they are ruthless. They have to be to tortured a young child. That tells a lot about their psychological makeup and its scary as hell.

So I am afraid that Amy and the maid might have suffered the same fate as the Petit family did and both were raped before they were murdered.

Torture and overkills are no longer just for someone that knew the victims. Even stranger home invader/robbers/murderers have also raped their victims.

They do this because they can and want to inflict as much pain and suffering on all of the victims as much as possible.

For some of these victims death had to bring peace to them by ending the hell they were forced to endure at the hands of a monster or monsters.

IMO

It's truly frightening how monstrous some humans are...

Be careful. This exact scenario happened in my peaceful neighborhood. Two men knocked on a resident's front door in utility uniforms, saying there was a suspected gas leak and they needed to get into the back yard - on a Sunday morning. Once in the back yard, the third perp arrived and they entered the home from the unlocked back door with guns drawn and held the couple on the floor at gunpoint while ransacking for cash and jewelry. They did not shoot anybody thank goodness. This is a very upscale quiet area with large lawns and lovely homes. Neighbors know each other. We always think we are safe, but - maybe we are just easier targets because of that. Call the utility before opening ANY door to people to make sure it is real.

There are many cases like this. And you can't easily tell legit ones from criminals. Utility people show up all the time here. Check the meter, put the cable in, etc. This guy today was legit, as he didn't try to break in and I saw the Utility van after I looked through my window. But the crooks could potentially even get a van, I suppose.

My answer to why they ordered Dominoes is the same as my answer to why he/they burned the car: Because they are jerks and because they could.

Ordering Dominoes is a clue on who the perps are - they aren't sophisticated or high-end eaters. It's not like other options wouldn't have been available to them in that neighborhood, including food from the house kitchen (which makes me think Vera wasn't alive when they ordered the pizza) or a higher-end take-out place. They probably are young, too, to want to eat Dominoes.

I think part of the pizza order was that they got off on the brazen act of ordering pizza and not paying for it in the midst of a crime.

I agree. Most likely young. The alleged perp in the hoodie was moving fast. I bet he is a teen, or early twenties. Add to that an apparent fondness for domino's pizza, and I think we are dealing with a bunch of young perps.

In Mi, utility co. come in utility trucks with co. ID, and I have never had them just show up. Always need an appt. I'm overly paranoid, I trust no one knocking at the door I don't know. I do not believe this was random. I did hear Philip in the background, I don't want to even think about what he had to go through. My heart goes out to the family, especially the young daughters. I'm very confident they will be caught. As for the maid involved, undecided. JMO

In Mi, utility co. come in utility trucks with co. ID, and I have never had them just show up. Always need an appt. I'm overly paranoid, I trust no one knocking at the door I don't know. I do not believe this was random. I did hear Philip in the background, I don't want to even think about what he had to go through. My heart goes out to the family, especially the young daughters. I'm very confident they will be caught. As for the maid involved, undecided. JMO

Here they just show up without appointments.
I don't think this is a random case either. I think they knew family had money, knew at least some of their routine, and targeted them for a large sum of money.

Can someone post the texts please. Tia

BBM
"Minutes before 10 a.m., Gutierrez got a text message from Amy Savopoulos: “I am making sure you do not come today.” Gutierrez, who was then cleaning another home in McLean, replied that she would not be coming, per Savvas Savopoulos’s earlier orders, according to the police documents."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...140154-fbf7-11e4-9030-b4732caefe81_story.html

Nothing wrong with the sentence, just a bit awkward and not the way I would expect Amy to speak/txt.

I usually just read and don't post much, but I have to say I wish I hadn't started reading about this case yesterday. I had nightmares all night. These poor people. My heart just breaks for them. The poor dad trying so hard to make someone understand they were in such grave trouble and no one understood- can you imagine his desperation. This is beyond heartbreaking. I feel for their daughters, I can't imagine the effect this will have on their lives, which should be filled with celebration right now and not this horrific tragedy. I'm tired of sharing the planet with sick freaks like the ones that committed this horrible crime. Crime seems such a weak word for what took place here, but I can't think of anything to replace it with.

BBM
"Minutes before 10 a.m., Gutierrez got a text message from Amy Savopoulos: “I am making sure you do not come today.” Gutierrez, who was then cleaning another home in McLean, replied that she would not be coming, per Savvas Savopoulos’s earlier orders, according to the police documents."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...140154-fbf7-11e4-9030-b4732caefe81_story.html

Nothing wrong with the sentence, just a bit awkward and not the way I would expect Amy to speak/txt.

It is not grammatically correct and sounds like somebody with English as a second language wrote it.

Points to the nanny being unable to cook dinner as well. Was she already dead? Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RN527