DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they ordered pizza via the home phone, the police could have easily found out after reviewing phone records. If they ordered from a cell phone, that would help lead to the killers, unless they used a burner phone.

If they ordered online, they would have probably used one of the victims email addresses. I order from Dominos website myself, and you do get an email confirmation of the order, and sometimes even a follow up email asking for feedback. So the police could learn about that, too.

If the family had ordered from Dominos before, it might not have raised suspicions if they left the money in an envelope at the front door and asked to leave the pizza on the doorstep. They could have said they'd be in the shower or had to step out to run an errand or something.

Also, you might not eat Dominos, but millions of other adults do. I know everyone wants to be the first person to name a suspect or say "I told you so" later, but I don't think you can blame Philip's friends just because someone ordered Dominos pizza.
You are right. Adults do it. I even order it now and again. If they ordered on-line, they would have to have an account. So I am guessing they ordered using a home landline.

At this point, it's just nitpicky. Previously, we were trying to figure out if Amy sent the text or someone else....before we really knew what was happening in the house.

But, anyway, the use of "you do not come" sounds like a phrasing some of my non-American-born friends use. I would expect Amy to say something more like "I'm making sure you aren't coming today" or even a completely different sentence like "Just a reminder not to come today" Or "Reminder - we don't need you to come today."

And the text went on to say something like - "come Monday or any other day but not today." Would a sophisticated woman like Amy say that? Or would she say like, "we'll schedule another day next week."

Yeah, all nit-picky, but the text sounds weird to my ears. Nothing to hang an entire case on, of course. And, it doesn't matter as much now anyway since in the beginning we didn't know as much as we do now about what was happening that morning!

I agree with this. My feeling on that text is it sounds rude. Most educated women who are used to "polite discourse" bend over backwards to sound nice. So, she'd be more likely to say something like "Just want to make sure you know..." or any of the options you suggested. It seems too brusk the way it was written to have come from her - unless she was under duress (which she was). I think someone else may have written it.

At this point, it's just nitpicky. Previously, we were trying to figure out if Amy sent the text or someone else....before we really knew what was happening in the house.

But, anyway, the use of "you do not come" sounds like a phrasing some of my non-American-born friends use. I would expect Amy to say something more like "I'm making sure you aren't coming today" or even a completely different sentence like "Just a reminder not to come today" Or "Reminder - we don't need you to come today."

And the text went on to say something like - "come Monday or any other day but not today." Would a sophisticated woman like Amy say that? Or would she say like, "we'll schedule another day next week."

Yeah, all nit-picky, but the text sounds weird to my ears. Nothing to hang an entire case on, of course. And, it doesn't matter as much now anyway since in the beginning we didn't know as much as we do now about what was happening that morning!

That's exactly right. It sounds foreign. I don't think Amy would have used that. But why were these perps so concerned about the maid showing up? She got a voice mail and a message warning her to now show up.
Husband of another maid (one who died) showed up, apparently they didn't think to send him a message.

I agree with this. My feeling on that text is it sounds rude. Most educated women who are used to "polite discourse" bend over backwards to sound nice. So, she'd be more likely to say something like "Just want to make sure you know..." or any of the options you suggested. It seems too brusk the way it was written to have come from her - unless she was under duress (which she was). I think someone else may have written it.

Exactly. Someone else had control of the phone.

Amy could easily have pushed "911" on the phone if she was ordered to text someone. If my kid was being tortured, I'd take the risk.

Thanks to everyone that has posted the news links. They made it very easy to get caught up.

My heart goes out to the family and friends of these victims. I am thinking about the classmates/friends of Phillip, whose innocence has been stolen. I am thinking about the 2 surviving daughters, whose parents can't come to see them graduate, or get married or have children and hold them. The ripple effect is so widespread. God Bless them.

That's exactly right. It sounds foreign. I don't think Amy would have used that. But why were these perps so concerned about the maid showing up? She got a voice mail and a message warning her to now show up.
Husband of another maid (one who died) showed up, apparently they didn't think to send him a message.
I'm going out on a limb here...but maybe the perps didn't want NG to come because they knew she aware of what was happening on Wednesday and planned to be there Thursday, but they hadn't gotten what they were there for yet and they needed to warn her not to come by the house yet.

Thinking about there being 2 perps and the car being seen on wednesday.

Neighbors reported seeing a man banging on the door of one home, an aggressive vacuum cleaner salesman at another house, reports of a prowler, and what a witness said could have been the Savopouloses’ blue Porsche speeding down the street the day before the deaths were discovered.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...140154-fbf7-11e4-9030-b4732caefe81_story.html

bbm, What if it was one person to start and they called someone and they showed up later? What if the porsche was driven away by one of the two but not the killer? I mean it is weird to me that the torched car didn't show up till 4 plus hours after the fire at the home, that just does not make sense to me that the same person to set the fire is the same person in the car. It's like the person in the car got the information on the house fire later then it happened. jmo idk

You could just put black sticky tape over the camera face. Simple as that. The police were apparently checking the physical cameras earlier. Maybe they were working but showed black space.

I have heard that criminals use wasp spray (the foam kind) on security cameras since they have a long range, but I don't think this would be effective for such a long period of time, or due to the way the cameras were installed near the highest point of the roof.

Supposedly the wasp spray is popular at ATMs.....

Not as much as in my country where the max you can get is 25 years. You can kill one person or 100 doesn't matter : (
Anyway whoever did this will surely get life sentence, MOO

Since a child was tortured, hopefully the other inmates can take care of the situation in a painfully fitting manner.

BBM
"Minutes before 10 a.m., Gutierrez got a text message from Amy Savopoulos: “I am making sure you do not come today.” Gutierrez, who was then cleaning another home in McLean, replied that she would not be coming, per Savvas Savopoulos’s earlier orders, according to the police documents."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...140154-fbf7-11e4-9030-b4732caefe81_story.html

Nothing wrong with the sentence, just a bit awkward and not the way I would expect Amy to speak/txt.

It sounds like she set it up and had the perp text her a alibi excuse for why she didn't follow her normal routine. Jmo

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/29114637/savopoulos-fire-deaths A large amount of money was scheduled to be delivered to the D.C. home where four people were found brutally murdered, FOX 5's Paul Wagner reports.

According to Nelitza Gutierrez, a housekeeper working for the Savopoulos family, $40,000 in cash was to be delivered to the house on Woodland Drive last Thursday morning, the day the bodies were found.

"In an off-camera interview, Gutierrez says an assistant was scheduled to drop off the cash to be used for the opening of a martial arts center in Chantilly, Virginia. The housekeeper says she spoke with the person who was supposed to make the delivery and he confirmed he dropped it off at the house Thursday morning."

<snip>

I would bet the kind of kids he goes to school with would not be capable of pulling this off, and would not order Domonos.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/29114637/savopoulos-fire-deaths A large amount of money was scheduled to be delivered to the D.C. home where four people were found brutally murdered, FOX 5's Paul Wagner reports.

According to Nelitza Gutierrez, a housekeeper working for the Savopoulos family, $40,000 in cash was to be delivered to the house on Woodland Drive last Thursday morning, the day the bodies were found.

"In an off-camera interview, Gutierrez says an assistant was scheduled to drop off the cash to be used for the opening of a martial arts center in Chantilly, Virginia. The housekeeper says she spoke with the person who was supposed to make the delivery and he confirmed he dropped it off at the house Thursday morning."

<snip>

BBM~~~~~~~

I wonder how many people knew about this drop-off and who they may have told.

<snip>

So, she knew about this scheduled delivery? Hmmmmmmmmmm

A scheduled delivery. Well that changes a lot of things

Well that adds an entirely new set of potential suspects to the mix.

hmm. I've been trying to avoid suspecting the other housekeeper, but if she knew about the 40,000 (and supposition) that is what the killers/thieves were there for, then.....well

Why did SS need $40,000 for the opening of the martial arts center? Maybe he was paying contractors in cash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dylan O' Cone