DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It just occurred to me, maybe LE cleared NG and she's helping them in order to get the perp nervous. Long shot I know

Sent from my Optimus_Madrid using Tapatalk

Sometime after the cash arrived, the home was set on fire, leading to the discovery of the bodies.
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...ur-Dead-Savopoulos-Housekeeper-304439421.html

Ransom, pure and simple IMO
Who has that amount of cash delivered to their home and if they do, how many people do they tell?
And who leaves a pkge outside with that amount of cash without questioning it?

If SS owed the money to contractors (which I am not feeling..) why would he pay cash and have no business write off or record.
Doesn't sound like something a smart business man would do

It just occurred to me, maybe LE cleared NG and she's helping them in order to get the perp nervous. Long shot I know

Sent from my Optimus_Madrid using Tapatalk
You think LE would be using a housekeeper for that purpose?

There's a twitter account (same abbreviated name with number) as the "niece"... just google.

Wow. Those tweets......

If that really is the niece, and she was the one mixing it up in those website comments....just wow.

Maybe she would be better served trying to help her surviving cousins, or her parents who lost a sibling...

Sometime after the cash arrived, the home was set on fire, leading to the discovery of the bodies.
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...ur-Dead-Savopoulos-Housekeeper-304439421.html

Who has that amount of cash delivered to their home and if they do, how many people do they tell?

If SS owed the money to contractors (which I am not feeling..) why would he pay cash and have no business write off or record.

Agree. The niece posted that her uncle was instructed to say the money for a piece of art. If true, ransom.

I wonder too if "martial arts" and "piece of art" have gotten mangled and it is just one, not both?

Wow. Those tweets......

If that really is the niece, and she was the one mixing it up in those website comments....just wow.

Maybe she would be better served trying to help her surviving cousins, or her parents who lost a sibling...

'Didn't read the tweets, don't know that she's the one who posted the comments, don't know that she's related. I just noticed the name/number matched. ;) I don't know a darned thing :silenced:

Art for a business is a tax write off/business expense. IMO, it sounds as though the cash was ransom money/extortion. I hope LE solves this one quickly.

There is no way a smart businessman would have $40,000 in cash delivered as a package except under duress. For one thing, delivering the amount of cash would be a dangerous thing to ask an employee to do. For many reasons, there is no way this amount of cash was delivered for the martial arts studio and there is no way SS would have told NG that, imo.

Crooks handle cash like that, not successful, legit businessmen.

JMO.

There is no way a smart businessman would have $40,000 in cash delivered as a package except under duress. For one thing, delivering the amount of cash would be a dangerous thing to ask an employee to do. For many reasons, there is no way this amount of cash was delivered for the martial arts studio and there is no way SS would have told NG that, imo.

Crooks handle cash like that, not successful, legit businessmen.

JMO.

Agree. Therefore, I think if it can be verified NG said it was planned, IMO she is lying.

There's too much conflicting info about the $40,000 at this point to know what the truth is. However, given that the family was very wealthy, it may not have been unusual for them to have that amount of money delivered, especially if they regularly paid for things with cash, and for people working in the household to know about it. Contractors will often drop their price by a significant amount if they're being paid in cash, since they can (illegally) avoid paying taxes on it.

So these people are smart enough to disable cameras and the fire alarm (because it was a neighbor who reported the fire)
It seems they were dumb enough to get their timing wrong, coming late in the day and having to wait for money.
The longer they were there, the more likely they could be IDed and certainly took a chance on being caught in the act.
IMO, murder was always part of the plan
They were going to wait until they got money, no matter how long. Didn't care what the victims could tell LE because they knew they would not be alive

I am shocked at the small amount of money, I would have expected more
I wonder if jewellery and art are missing as well

can someone put together a timeline of the interviews and statements NG has given the media? I'm curious as to how much she's actually talking and how much is just being reused. Thank you!

Unless this was a regular occurrence, why would the assistant not have contacted the police, or a trust family member/business associate right after delivering this huge sum of money to SS?

So these people are smart enough to disable cameras and the fire alarm (because it was a neighbor who reported the fire)
It seems they were dumb enough to get their timing wrong, coming late in the day and having to wait for money.
The longer they were there, the more likely they could be IDed and certainly took a chance on being caught in the act.
IMO, murder was always part of the plan
They were going to wait until they got money, no matter how long. Didn't care what the victims could tell LE because they knew they would not be alive

I am shocked at the small amount of money, I would have expected more
I wonder if jewellery and art are missing as well

Small amount of money for rich people. Huge for someone with lower socio-economic status. People have been killed for a lot less.

The family was high profile -- big house, fancy cars, daughters in two of the country's best boarding schools, son at one of the District's best private schools, appearances at high society events, multiple personal assistants. They were a big target, irrespective of their child's outwardness elsewhere.

That is true...but that isn't out of the ordinary for this neighborhood. So why target THIS family?

Maybe the $40K is not as direct of a number as it sounds?
Maybe it was the amount still owed or for interest, etc.?

Maybe the $40k is just a small part of something much bigger?

Unless this was a regular occurrence, why would the assistant not have contacted the police, or a trust family member/business associate right after delivering this huge sum of money to SS?

The assistant might have thought it was shady, but not necessarily jump to the conclusion that SS and family was being held hostage. I once worked for a very short time as an assistant for a wealthy man. I quit because I figured out he was shady, but it never once occurred to me that his shadiness involved violence. I would like to think the assistant found it strange, but I can also understand if s/he didn't pick up on the urgency. NOBODY picked up on SS's hints, which is sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daniellelacy