DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it would take more than 10 minutes to walk from the Woodley Park stop to the crime site. I wouldn't want to use the metro for a get-away but it seems reasonable for transportation there. I generally ride a bike and wear a "safety vest" so I have wondered about that possibility.

Very true. If you're local, you can at least appreciate he was smart enough to avoid the Red Line as a quick get-away, even if he wasn't smart enough to not leave DNA behind.

I guess I'm still unsure of what he brought with him. If just a gun, metro is totally feasible. I'm still not sure where he ended up getting gasoline, materials to bind them, etc. but metro seems like less of an option if he brought a bunch of "stuff" with. I suppose if he got all those things from the garage or something, metro definitely would have worked.

I will say the profiler making assumptions about 'latinos using knives' is basically the same logic the beltway sniper profilers did in 2002 assuming it was one white male doing the killings.....I would assume if they didn't have DNA matching the killer (or one of them anyways) they might still go under that assumption.

I do not believe any suspicion towards the HK is based on racisim. I might just be her big mouth and lack of understanding of her English....or media misreporting what she's saying. but I still feel she has said some things that are suspicious.

I have seen a couple questions about the dogs and their temperament, so thought this snippet was interesting (from http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...fa7-11e4-833c-a2de05b6b2a4_story.html?hpid=z1)

Another housekeeper, Nelitza Gutierrez, who has been with the Savopoulos family for 20 years, said on Thursday that she had never seen Wint before. She said the house is guarded by an aggressive watch dog, a Labrador named Ginger, and thinks that an intruder may have gotten in through an open back-yard gate while the dog was taken out for a walk.

“They had to know the movements of the whole family,” she said of possible suspects. If Ginger had seen strangers entering, “I imagine she would have attacked without giving them a chance to run or yell or whatever else.”

I will say the profiler making assumptions about 'latinos using knives' is basically the same logic the beltway sniper profilers did in 2002 assuming it was one white male doing the killings.....I would assume if they didn't have DNA matching the killer (or one of them anyways) they might still go under that assumption.

I do not believe any suspicion towards the HK is based on racisim. I might just be her big mouth and lack of understanding of her English....or media misreporting what she's saying. but I still feel she has said some things that are suspicious.

Exactly....

This was a horrific crime and people are outraged and have passionate views about it. I think it's important to remember that we are all "typing" emotional views and opinions. You can't glean from a message a tone, a gesture, a facial expression or have the same type of interaction as one could otherwise in person. We should all cut each other a break on what someone intended to say or what you may think they imply simply from a text. It's sometimes difficult to convey what you want to say in a message and without knowing someone personally that you're talking to....even harder.

I agree with what you're saying and I understand, too. But it's been rehashed ad nauseum. I don't know how much space we need to take up on it. But, point well taken.

NG, who has been his housekeeper for 20 years said he had never had money dropped off at his home before.

Okay, assuming accurate reporting - NG said this ^,
but does that mean it's true - SS never did before in 20 yrs?
If she was full time, live in housekeeper/nanny for S fam for 20 yrs,
I'd personally give it more weight as likely to be accurate.
Is it possible NG worked in S fam home only on a 1 day/wk, for 20 yrs?
How would she know about what happened the other 4 banking days ea wk?

$ drop off at S home c/h/occurred numerous times w/out her knowing about it. IDK
Maybe, like she said, no drop off happened in previous 20 yrs.
IDK, but do not see her as source of reliable stmt of fact - re drop offs at S home.
JM2cts.

I think the feds eventually will take jurisdiction over prosecution of this one. The family was held hostage, child was tortured and burned to death and the car was taken to Maryland and torched.

JMO

The Feds cant takeover a case. The local LE has jurisdiction in this case. The Prosecutor there will try this case and there is no reason for the Feds to do so now.

The Feds can bring their own case if they believe civil rights violations occurred such as kidnapping and holding the family against their will.

They may assist if asked by the local Police Chief to do so and they do have to be asked. They don't have the authority to overtake this case.

IMO

I wonder if he was angry toward SS because he either got fired from American Ironworks or he never was able to get a full-time job there???

I've read they removed that portion of the voicemail. You don't want to hear it anyway. I wish I hadn't.

I asked because curiosity got to me but after I posted it I asked my self if I really wanted to hear it -- and I don't think I do. I have a 5 yo son of my own, so no thanks.

That question is one of the factors that has convinced me (and perhaps police) that there might have been a second person. While the area where Savopoulos lives is accessible by mass transit, it is by no means quick or convenient (or reliable).

The house is an easy / quick walk from the Woodley Park metro station.

The Feds cant takeover a case. The local LE has jurisdiction in this case. The Prosecutor there will try this case and there is no reason for the Feds to do so now.

The Feds can bring their own case if they believe civil rights violations occurred such as kidnapping and holding the family against their will.

They may assist if asked by the local Police Chief to do so and they do have to be asked. They don't have the authority to overtake this case.

IMO

So, do you think if the Police Chief wants the death penalty (when we don't have that in D.C.) that she will request the Feds assistance so that it will be a possibility?

Okay, assuming accurate reporting - NG said this ^,
but does that mean it's true - SS never did before in 20 yrs?
If she was full time, live in housekeeper/nanny for S fam for 20 yrs,
I'd personally give it more weight as likely to be accurate.
Is it possible NG worked in S fam home only on a 1 day/wk, for 20 yrs?
How would she know about what happened the other 4 banking days ea wk?

$ drop off at S home c/h/occurred numerous times w/out her knowing about it. IDK
Maybe, like she said, no drop off happened in previous 20 yrs.
IDK, but do not see her as source of reliable stmt of fact - re drop offs at S home.
JM2cts.

I believe it will be revealed that Savvas has never asked for this type of transaction including the money to be left unattended at the front door.

Most wealthy people I know rarely deal in cash at all. They want all transactions recorded for tax purposes. I think Savvas was a very savvy businessman to make it so far in his career. So I do not believe this has ever happened and only happened this time because he had no choice in the matter.

IMO

I asked because curiosity got to me but after I posted it I asked my self if I really wanted to hear it -- and I don't think I do. I have a 5 yo son of my own, so no thanks.

When I listened I hadn't seen anyone mention the boy in the background. I was listening to hear SS to see if he sounded tense. But then I heard the boy and was like....WHAT WAS THAT? So sad....

I don't get the notion of the girlfriend collecting the reward. If he hid at her house all night and they discussed him turning himself in or not, then she should be arrested, not rewarded, imo.

So, do you think if the Police Chief wants the death penalty (when we don't have that in D.C.) that she will request the Feds assistance so that it will be a possibility?

Now that may be a possibility she may seriously consider and will agree to make this a Federal case due to them having the death penalty although they execute people less than states do.

IMO

I don't want to hear it either. The idea that they tortured him really breaks my heart. My son saw me reading about online and asked who the boy was, I told him and his face got sad and hugged me tight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pitbladdo