DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I imagining this? I thought I read that Amy called SS when he was at the dojo with the HK to ask him to come home early to help with Philip. There are so many articles and I have tried to Google it, but to no avail.

Reason I ask is, is it possible that he had made entry into the home in the afternoon and forced her to make that call? After all, he was the one who apparently had access to the big bucks, not her.

In that case, he was surprised when SS and the HK showed up and not just SS alone. Then, he had to deal with the landscapers, phone calls and the HK's husband all of the while "controlling" SS by his brutality.

One other question, is the dialect different in Jamaica and would that account for the awkward verbiage in the text that was sent to NG?

Wint was born and raised in Guyana and moved to the United States in 2000, when he was almost 20 years old, according to court records filed in Maryland. He joined the Marine Corpsthat same year and received an honorable discharge for medical reasons, the records show. Following his discharge, he worked as a certified welder, the records show.

That question is one of the factors that has convinced me (and perhaps police) that there might have been a second person. While the area where Savopoulos lives is accessible by mass transit, it is by no means quick or convenient (or reliable).

I don't think it would take more than 10 minutes to walk from the Woodley Park stop to the crime site. I wouldn't want to use the metro for a get-away but it seems reasonable for transportation there. I generally ride a bike and wear a "safety vest" so I have wondered about that possibility.

Wint was born and raised in Guyana and moved to the United States in 2000, when he was almost 20 years old, according to court records filed in Maryland. He joined the Marine Corpsthat same year and received an honorable discharge for medical reasons, the records show. Following his discharge, he worked as a certified welder, the records show.

Honorable discharge for medical reasons?? Sheeeshhhh

This article says he was spotted yesterday:

"Wint was spotted in Brooklyn as recently as Wednesday night, said Michael Czin, spokesman for D.C. Mayor Muriel Browser."

http://www.newsday.com/news/nation/...699?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

I don't think this guy is worth $100,000 to keep hidden and they also can be charged with harboring a fugitive from justice.

Someone is going to turn him in for the money.

And it will probably be someone he knows.

the girlfriend better tell the cops where he is or else lock her up as an accessory (she might be one anyways)

as for the 'reward money' and his friends rolling over on him.......if they are involved themselves they cant roll over on him without rolling over on themselves.

for the record, what I meant about the wealth of the victims being irrelevant, was not that they were targeted cause they are rich, but the 'DNA was sped up cause they are rich.' I really don't like that assumption.

all JMO

DC death penalty:
The District's death penalty was nullified by the Supreme Court decision in Furman v. Georgia in 1972 and repealed by the D.C. Council in 1981. District residents voted 2-1 against the death penalty in a 1992 referendum ordered by Congress. Prior to the referendum, the D.C. Council passed legislation allowing for a sentencing option of life without parole for first-degree murder. Lawmakers touted the legislation as an alternative to the reinstatement of the death penalty.

In 1997, the D.C. Council's Judiciary Committee rejected a bill to permit capital punishment for the murder of public safety employees. The bill was proposed by then-Mayor Marion Barry.

Other interesting facts

For most of its history, Washington, D.C. was governed by federal statutes. Although D.C. now has its own code of laws, it is still subject to Congressional oversight. The federal government has sought the death penalty in murder cases that occurred in D.C.

Hanging and electrocution are the only methods of execution that have been used in the District of Columbia.

I think the feds eventually will take jurisdiction over prosecution of this one. The family was held hostage, child was tortured and burned to death and the car was taken to Maryland and torched.

JMO

...Authorities picked up Wint's girlfriend at her Brooklyn apartment and were questioning her Thursday; she is not considered a suspect.

Police are looking into the possibility that Wint took a bus to New York at some point, stayed with his girlfriend Wednesday night and left in the early-morning hours as the national manhunt for him intensified. Authorities say they have no hard indication of Wint's whereabouts at this time.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...-DNA-New-York-Daron-Dylon-Wint-304570831.html

If the girlfriend is smart (and not involved) she will turn him in and collect the $100k.

I think the feds eventually will take jurisdiction over prosecution of this one. The family was held hostage, child was tortured and burned to death and the car was taken to Maryland and torched.

JMO

Why though? What raises this to the Federal level?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katsimpson1022