Spain Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If he is in the mountain, he could have fallen off a ledge and remained unseen in undergrowth, or just in a completely inaccessible bit where no one would go.

Lots of cases where hikers etc have been found year later by accident. Jay wouldn’t be the first not be found. If he’s in the mountains.
Your probably right ,I'm also struggling with the why of why report on the criminality of the island if simply a missing person who wandered into the Bush and got lost plenty of people go missing in countries and criminality exists I understand ayub had a past involvement in crime but he was deemed not relevant in this so can't understand the criminal angle unless purely for click bait

Paul recorded over 40 minutes of his walk, by which stage the road has turned to dirt and no buildings mark the rough, mountainous landscape.

As the TikToker zooms in on a ruin of a building, the brays of an unseen goat can be heard.

Paul narrates that there are black goats roaming the mountains as he gets to the end of his walk, where the path dwindles off into an even rougher track.

Footage of a internet sleuth retracing Jay Slater's last steps's last steps

As Paul zoomed in on this crumbled building, he heard a wild animal
Alright, well I have just watched it so that you don't have to.
My opinion which I had in the beginning of this story is even more strong now - assuming Jay went on those paths voluntarily, I can't fathom any reason to go there unless he was running away or was trying to hide from real or perceived threat.
The path looks like it goes absolutely nowhere even before it ends. Nothing atrractive (sea, water or a cigarette shop...) on the horizon. Once it ends, it looks very much like no go area. I just can't understand it.

Plus, it appears he would have been seen by CCTV, and we have received no information about that from the family or the police, which I find a little odd - what's the reason not to confirm publicly whether they did or did not see him go in that direction?

Your probably right ,I'm also struggling with the why of why report on the criminality of the island if simply a missing person who wandered into the Bush and got lost plenty of people go missing in countries and criminality exists I understand ayub had a past involvement in crime but he was deemed not relevant in this so can't understand the criminal angle unless purely for click bait
Probably because Jay was staying in a tourist resort partying with mates.
He was not meant to be in a remote mountain village at an Airbnb with 2 apparently random strangers. One of whom was a convicted drug dealer and no one knows why he went there.
Had Jay gone missing in resort after his night out I doubt it would be such a big story. MOO

I think it’s complex, Jays previous history, his associations with particular people, the changes in facts in statements, perceived secrecy from Spanish LE. it’s hard not to make the connections between the drug/criminal world and Jays disappearance - may not be irrefutable evidence of links to his disappearance, but it’s not unreasonable to explore these connections.

My opinion which I had in the beginning of this story is even more strong now - assuming Jay went on those paths voluntarily, I can't fathom any reason to go there unless he was running away or was trying to hide from real or perceived threat.
The path looks like it goes absolutely nowhere even before it ends. Nothing atrractive (sea, water or a cigarette shop...) on the horizon. Once it ends, it looks very much like no go area. I just can't understand it.
Perhaps he wanted to go back to the Airbnb and thought that the path could bring him back down as it first sort of leads in that direction? That would be a serious error in judgement to assume that it would connect back to any place or road, but it is the only semi-logical reasoning I can think of. Other than that, I believe he could go there to hide.

Sigh. He could have been massively disorientated and even hallucinating, depending on activities preceding his ill-fated mountain sojourn. He could have been on his way to the Toys R Us in the near distance or following the Yellow Brick Road for all we know. Assuming he was making sound logical choices will not be useful I don't think.

Sigh. He could have been massively disorientated and even hallucinating, depending on activities preceding his ill-fated mountain sojourn. He could have been on his way to the Toys R Us in the near distance or following the Yellow Brick Road for all we know. Assuming he was making sound logical choices will not be useful I don't think.
I think the only comparison I have it being blind drunk where I’ve not been able to use my phone.

Yet we’re expected to believe that Jay took multiple Snapchats, talked about bus times with a local, ring friends, share his location in the MINUTES before he went missing. But then wasn’t able to see the absolute absurdity of starting to walk back via a mountain track……

Alright, perhaps.

I know this is going back a while, but thinking about the cctv of the possible sighting, I’ve often wondered how the family got hold of it, who gave them it? Why not give it directly to the police? Also we know the mayor was pretty vocal that it wasn’t JS, but I don’t recall the police ever making that claim. IMO, the police did analysis on the images and worked out that the height of the person was right and have been following on from there, I think that’s why the mountain searches were stopped abruptly a couple of days later and the focus moved to other investigations.

I think the only comparison I have it being blind drunk where I’ve not been able to use my phone.

Yet we’re expected to believe that Jay took multiple Snapchats, talked about bus times with a local, ring friends, share his location in the MINUTES before he went missing. But then wasn’t able to see the absolute absurdity of starting to walk back via a mountain track……
I kind of feel the same. We don't have much to support the theory that he was hallucinating. But I accept we perhaps don't have the full details about his mental state and so I will try to stop guessing what made him do something like that.

I know this is going back a while, but thinking about the cctv of the possible sighting, I’ve often wondered how the family got hold of it, who gave them it? Why not give it directly to the police? Also we know the mayor was pretty vocal that it wasn’t JS, but I don’t recall the police ever making that claim. IMO, the police did analysis on the images and worked out that the height of the person was right and have been following on from there, I think that’s why the mountain searches were stopped abruptly a couple of days later and the focus moved to other investigations.
Very possible IMO

It may have been shared on social media (such as the infamous facebook groups) by the public. There were a lot of strange (and fake / likely unrelated) CCTV videos circulating.
I believe we never received any official response on any of the cctv findings though, and no info about cctv images from Mirador de Cruz de Hilda.

Speculation. What if's. This is all we really have. So, what if the entire narrative is wrong? The walk, the dirt path, the idea that J was the one who had his own phone when it last pinged?

He's either lying dead in the brush somewhere along that winding road, down a path, or he isn't.

Overdose? Cover up of a larger crime? Retribution for a stolen watch? Big time drug dealer involvement? Who all are the players that are really involved here with his disappearance?

Staged disappearance? Now there's a crazy thought, eh?

Anyway, I'm around 50/50 on 1. he's laying dead within a few kilometers of the last phone ping, and 2. something sinister went down, including a possible overdose, and the REAL players had to take care of business so as to protect their posteriors.

I kind of feel the same. We don't have much to support the theory that he was hallucinating. But I accept we perhaps don't have the full details about his mental state and so I will try to stop guessing what made him do something like that.
We do have a fair idea that it's possible he would have been exposed to mind-altering drugs, though, at any stage of proceedings, and that he was sleep-deprived. So while he may have had a clear enough head to know what way was up, he could have lost that at any stage in the proceedings.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalto677
Back