Found Deceased Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read an article this morning while the thread was closed - and rapidly lost it among the quagmire of information we're currently wading through, sorry - that said that Jay had met the two men 3 days previously and that they were not just two randoms he'd hooked up with that night. The other side of that is that it would seem to suggest that he had no prior connection to them. From other items I've read about Lucy's somehow-connection to AQ, this might seem to confirm that it was she who introduced them. And yet she spoke about 'tracking them down', never implying that she actually knew who they were. Curiouser and curiouser.

She might have known them but not their precise accommodation.

JMO

The reality is that nobody has any idea of where Jay Slater is, sadly. There are alas many, many cases of missing people where efficient, detailed, organised searches are done and yet still they are not found - until often many years later when someone stumbles across their remains. Sometimes, in areas that were previously searched.

Rhoda said: "I knew him as Whispers but it’s definitely the same person - I should know we were in court together. We’ve lost touch over the last couple of years but Whispers is a quiet, polite and gentle fella, he’s not a murderer or anything like that.

"He wouldn’t hurt a fly. They called him Whispers because of his quiet soft voice."

Mr Duncan said the family feels like they've been left on their own and asked if they wanted help from police in the UK, he said: "We would love that, it's just not as simple as that."

"So far we've just been in touch with the British consulate out here who have been saying it's still a live investigation, we have just got to sit tight.

"It's just adding to the despair really."

"It's not just Warren and Zak, there are people who are out there," said Mr Duncan.

"We're going to have to be doing something because otherwise you're just sitting in the apartment staring at the same four walls," he said.
*I dont think there is any way this father and his family are leaving until Jay is with them. One way or another...

Jay has clearly got in with the wrong crowd, not for the first time in his life tbf, but I don’t think anyone killed him, or abducted him or anything. Think it is still nothing more than him ending up in terrain he wasn’t experienced in and having a fatal fall, or dying from dehydration due to lack of fluid

If it wasn’t such a shame that a young man has more than likely lost his life Guy Ritchie would have a field day with this whole story, naive young guy on his first trip abroad falling in with international drug dealers, a stolen watch for good measure, disappearing in mysterious circumstances, international man hunt

"Missing Jay Slater's family

helped by mountaineering mayor

as mystery still unsolved.

Jay Slater's family have enlisted the help of experienced mountain climber Shane Yerrell,
who is also an Essex mayor,
to search the area of Tenerife where the missing 19-year-old was last seen."

Last edited:
Well now. If J's in a different part of Tenerife, then he either got there by walking, riding in a car, or some how by boat.

And if ANY of this would in fact be true, then there is WAY more going on here than a simple getting lost in the mountains and succumbing to the elements will ever explain.
If jay is in another part of Tenerife and no body is holding him why has he not been in touch with his mum maybe amnesia but surely he would need help from somebody with essentials like food and water so does nobody recognise him I have thought what if he was in a hospital and unconscious and staff didn't know who he was this has probably happened in some hospitals worldwide what if he didn't collapse in the mountains but in a remote town where nobody has seen that he's missing

If jay is in another part of Tenerife and no body is holding him why has he not been in touch with his mum maybe amnesia but surely he would need help from somebody with essentials like food and water so does nobody recognise him I have thought what if he was in a hospital and unconscious and staff didn't know who he was this has probably happened in some hospitals worldwide what if he didn't collapse in the mountains but in a remote town where nobody has seen that he's missing
The only way I foresee him being alive on another part of the island is if he is either being held captive or he is in hiding (and someone is actively helping him).

Or if he is no longer with us then he may have hitchhiked and the person was nefarious (slim chance), he was murdered and he is dead somewhere in another location. Or he got hit by a car and the body was moved elsewhere.

JMO.

The only way I foresee him being alive on another part of the island is if he is either being held captive or he is in hiding (and someone is actively helping him).

Or if he is no longer with us then he may have hitchhiked and the person was nefarious (slim chance), he was murdered and he is dead somewhere in another location. Or he got hit by a car and the body was moved elsewhere.

JMO.
The last scenario is plausible. Particularly on those roads!

I did wonder how Potter Payper was able to open a cannabis cafe there? He is British and has a criminal record for drugs?
Seems his cafe is not a legitimate one?

"Missing Jay Slater's family

helped by mountaineering mayor

as mystery still unsolved.

Jay Slater's family have enlisted the help of experienced mountain climber Shane Yerrell,
who is also an Essex mayor,
to search the area of Tenerife where the missing 19-year-old was last seen."

For all the criminal insinuations in Jay's disappearance there is also these news articles that are very uplifting to see as much as bad people exist in the world there is really good people too with no aspirations to gain just to help

"It doesn't make sense, he's either hid himself, but why would he hide himself? Or he's just ....? ," Mr Slater remarked. "We've done the valley where his ping was, we've gone up the road to a vantage point, there's cliffs there and there's a valley and a village there."

"All I'm thinking is common sense, would you try and walk through there," he said. "Where we've been today you can see there's a hikers path with proper stones. We've gone straight down and you end up in the village."

"I'd go into the first building you see. An ideal spot for shelter is that little cave isn't it, get a bit of shade, you're hungover, get your head down in there. The police are convinced that's where his last ping were" he added, clinging to hope amidst the uncertainty.

Speaking about the route, he explained: "From the bnb, he's a fit lad, 25 minutes you can get to the top, to where the cafe is. If he's followed the road and been where we've been today, it's took him an hour and a half."

"Dozens of cars would have gone past him. We got here at 9am and the 10am bus passed us. And it would have passed him. I've been up here three weeks and I've never seen as many cars."
*Indeed. Why would Jay hide himself? It is the question of the day

*Indeed. Why would Jay hide himself? It is the question of the day
Honestly, in my mind, if he isn't hiding himself there's only one other outcome. The two who might have been suspected of holding him hostage for whatever reason seem to be too visible for that and why would anyone else abduct him? So if no third party involvement and, importantly, no contact with his mum, even covert, I can't hold onto any hope that he has survived.

Dbm - replacement

"Guiding drug-seeking tourists to these dealers would earn them a swift €10. In stark contrast, my friend and I begged for tips just to quench our thirst, unlike others who seemed to live without such financial worries. While the culture of drinking while on duty was promoted, there were penalties for overindulgence. The punishment?

"A €50 fine, which surpassed our nightly earnings. We were also obligated to dedicate three or four hours each week to thoroughly clean the bar. Failure to show up resulted in another €50 fine." She went on: "To all young people setting off on your first party holiday, have fun, but stay vigilant.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member