DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now we wait until December 17.... Oh, man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The daughters look very attractive and I'm so glad that neither were home at the time. Because I have a feeling that Wint would have turned this into a sexual torture as well. Jmo

We don't know if it wasn't that...it was torture, LE is just being tight lipped.

Wow. I remember back at eight weeks when we were speculating that DDW acted alone because no one else had been arrested. Now it has been months and still no more arrests, yet the pros still thinks there were accomplices? I wonder what is taking so long to arrest, or if this is some kind of strategy?

Seem like they have no evidence whatsoever of any accomplices, only speculation that it would be to hard to pull this alone.

Friday morning, Wint's defense attorney said he wants to know the name of the witness who identified the person in the stolen Porsche. That witness described the person as having short hair, which doesn't match Wint's description.

Wint is scheduled to return on Dec. 17 at 9:30 a.m.

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/loc...ect-dc-mansion-murders-court-friday/72784062/
Why don't they just pull his darn hair in a pony tail and show him to the witness? We know he does wear his hair in a pony tail, he even did so in court. If witness saw him with a pony tail, it could be mistaken for a short hair. To me it just seems so obvious.

Wow. I remember back at eight weeks when we were speculating that DDW acted alone because no one else had been arrested. Now it has been months and still no more arrests, yet the pros still thinks there were accomplices? I wonder what is taking so long to arrest, or if this is some kind of strategy?
I think it's probably based on not just one thing but the preponderance of the evidence. Couple this with how other criminals have done similar crimes. You might want to do some research ( ponder) on how a military unit would enter and secure/ interrogate a house filled with several people. The police have a very good reason to suspect he had accomplices.

I think it's probably based on not just one thing but the preponderance of the evidence. Couple this with how other criminals have done similar crimes. You might want to do some research ( ponder) on how a military unit would enter and secure/ interrogate a house filled with several people. The police have a very good reason to suspect he had accomplices.

The police also have numerous instances where a single home invader destroys several people. Recently in Houston a lone man entered a home, subdued and murdered eight people.

The police also have numerous instances where a single home invader destroys several people. Recently in Houston a lone man entered a home, subdued and murdered eight people.
I am sure they are aware of these cases don't you??
The police think more people are involved and so do I.
They have their reasons. You have yours...

Hard to tell by courtroom tweets. IMO it's the defense seizing on early speculation by LE that there may have been accomplices in order to muddy the waters around Wint. There sure could have been accomplices, but there appears to be no evidence of any after almost five months of investigation. LE is not ruling anything out so as not to tip their hand prior to trial IMO the case will proceed with Wint as the lone defendant. He targeted the family, subdued two terrified ladies and a ten year old then confronted the husband when he arrived.

Does anyone know if it's difficult to drive a Porsche if you've never driven one before? I wonder if DW was familiar with handling a Porsche?

Easy peasy. If one can drive a 5-speed, driving a Porsche is easy. Really, in my opinion, if you drive a standard, it is just a matter of "listening" to the engine to know when to shift.

I'm not feeling confident that the DA has enough, if any, evidence that there was more than Wint. Considering the horrific nature, I would expect more publicity....much more. Yet, it seems the wheels of justice move at a turtles pace. I don't get it. I really wonder what's going on behind the scenes....there's so much we don't know. I pray they all get justice someday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I didn't say they could prove anything. I just said they believe strongly that others were involved. They are basing this on their investigation and not what goes on in forums such as this. If you know more about it than the police investigating the crime, please let us know all about your theory.

Does anyone know if it's difficult to drive a Porsche if you've never driven one before? I wonder if DW was familiar with handling a Porsche?

Oh my gosh, I just remembered that my best friend and I used to drive her dad's Porsche before we had our drivers licenses--apparently not that hard or we just got lucky!

Oh my gosh, I just remembered that my best friend and I used to drive her dad's Porsche before we had our drivers licenses--apparently not that hard or we just got lucky!
How lucky, I lusted after a 911 when I was 15 and 16. I grew up near a very wealthy area ( polo club) and my friends an I would always see girls driving their porshe it never occurred to us that it could have been their fathers.

I believe you're probably right, Keefer. They have the benefit of the doubt by me! I don't think any of us know more about the case (or more about LE in general) than those involved in this case do. If they say they think others were involved, I believe them. Unfortunately, believing something and having evidence to prosecute are two different things. We are not privy to what LE and the prosecution know and have. Just because they don't have enough evidence to press charges against someone doesn't mean that they have no idea of who else might have been involved. Look at the Teresa Sievers case.

How lucky, I lusted after a 911 when I was 15 and 16. I grew up near a very wealthy area ( polo club) and my friends an I would always see girls driving their porshe it never occurred to us that it could have been their fathers.

OT--We weren't in an especially wealthy community, but her dad loved cars. But, my point is, we were not but 15 and not even out of driver's ed and we could handle a Porsche at least to the point of not crashing it or being pulled over. So I think probably most adults could handle it.

At the prelim, detective admitted they have no evidence anybody else was involved.

I believe you're probably right, Keefer. They have the benefit of the doubt by me! I don't think any of us know more about the case (or more about LE in general) than those involved in this case do. If they say they think others were involved, I believe them. Unfortunately, believing something and having evidence to prosecute are two different things. We are not privy to what LE and the prosecution know and have. Just because they don't have enough evidence to press charges against someone doesn't mean that they have no idea of who else might have been involved. Look at the Teresa Sievers case.

They can believe in something, but it doesn't appear they got anything to back that belief up. Video shows a single guy running away from the burning car. Witness saw one guy driving a car. I don't think they got anybody's DNA or fingerprints except DW's (or they would have arrested somebody else already).

I didn't say they could prove anything. I just said they believe strongly that others were involved. They are basing this on their investigation and not what goes on in forums such as this. If you know more about it than the police investigating the crime, please let us know all about your theory.

When did I say I had more info than LE? In fact I said others could have been involved. However based on their investigation there have been no other arrests. It's also possible that Wint planned and carried out this attack alone without any "military unit" style of attack and "interrogation" needed. One psychopath is plenty to have committed this horrible crime, JMO

They can believe in something, but it doesn't appear they got anything to back that belief up. Video shows a single guy running away from the burning car. Witness saw one guy driving a car. I don't think they got anybody's DNA or fingerprints except DW's (or they would have arrested somebody else already).

Agree. They found his dna in one day. But no other dna was there besides the victims.

Didn't they find a unidentified sample of Dna on the vest inside the burned porshe?
The D. A. Is prosecuting this case not the police. He only has Dint to prosecute, and in his position he would be a fool to play it any other way. Again the police believe others were involved, and I hope they are found and put away. It would be horrible if they remained free after committing such a heinous crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1