DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They found a partial DNA profile (which means weak) on the vest. Finding a DNA profile doesn't mean that belongs to a killer.
DNA could have been deposited by whoever made the vest or wore the vest at some time prior.

Didn't they find a unidentified sample of Dna on the vest inside the burned porshe?
The D. A. Is prosecuting this case not the police. He only has Dint to prosecute, and in his position he would be a fool to play it any other way. Again the police believe others were involved, and I hope they are found and put away. It would be horrible if they remained free after committing such a heinous crime.

I'm still of the mind that DW didn't act alone. If he got the h*** out of there via
the Porsche, then how did he get there? DW would stand out like a sore thumb
in that exclusive neighborhood, so he couldn't have walked from the bus stop. (IMO) The only problem I'm having is... DW seemed to have all of the cash (that we know
about).

DW, I'm sure knows he'll be spending the rest of his life in prison, so there's no reason for him to give anyone up, but, if I were the Savopoulos' I would want anyone involved to be prosecuted and put away.

I'm still of the mind that DW didn't act alone. If he got the h*** out of there via
the Porsche, then how did he get there? DW would stand out like a sore thumb
in that exclusive neighborhood, so he couldn't have walked from the bus stop. (IMO) The only problem I'm having is... DW seemed to have all of the cash (that we know
about).

DW, I'm sure knows he'll be spending the rest of his life in prison, so there's no reason for him to give anyone up, but, if I were the Savopoulos' I would want anyone involved to be prosecuted and put away.
I agree, but there are many reasons for the police to believe others were involved even if no evidence left behind has lead to subsequent arrests.
Here's a little experiment you can try with a few (4) trusted friends. Buy a dozen rolls of duct tape. One person gets to be Dint the others play the roles of the victims.
Forget about not being seen on camera, being seen or heard by neighbors,two story house etc. simply see what it takes to corral and bind with tape each " victim" in a chair. See how many hands it takes, how long it takes, how do you unbend someone quickly if you need to, etc. how do you bind the last person? Once you figure it out you will see many pitfalls and problems involved n just this one aspect of the crime.
Each act that made this crime happen is not as simple as some would have you believe.

If he first broke in before father came home (which is what it looks like) then he would have to tie up 2 women (one of them elderly) and a child with a concussion. One strong man can manage that pretty easily.
Then he could control the father by threatening to harm other hostages once father got home.

I agree, but there are many reasons for the police to believe others were involved even if no evidence left behind has lead to subsequent arrests.
Here's a little experiment you can try with a few (4) trusted friends. Buy a dozen rolls of duct tape. One person gets to be Dint the others play the roles of the victims.
Forget about not being seen on camera, being seen or heard by neighbors,two story house etc. simply see what it takes to corral and bind with tape each " victim" in a chair. See how many hands it takes, how long it takes, how do you unbend someone quickly if you need to, etc. how do you bind the last person? Once you figure it out you will see many pitfalls and problems involved n just this one aspect of the crime.
Each act that made this crime happen is not as simple as some would have you believe.

Now imagine taking and binding the victims one at a time instead of all of them at once. Not like such a thing hasn't happened before. jmo

I am sure they are aware of these cases don't you??
The police think more people are involved and so do I.
They have their reasons. You have yours...

Way back when, LE stated the reason they think more people are involved is because they don't think one person could have committed this crime alone. I disagree. iirc It was in GA, one man killed a family of 9...alone, by himself, with no help. jmo

Now imagine taking and binding the victims one at a time instead of all of them at once. Not like such a thing hasn't happened before. jmo
I've already worked out all the scenarios, you obviously haven't done this or " worked" the problem enough yet. It's not as simple as you think. Think some more or try it.

If he first broke in before father came home (which is what it looks like) then he would have to tie up 2 women (one of them elderly) and a child with a concussion. One strong man can manage that pretty easily.
Then he could control the father by threatening to harm other hostages once father got home.

I was hoping people would wait awhile or try it for themselves. But, since you are impatient, who ties up mr. S. ?

Way back when, LE stated the reason they think more people are involved is because they don't think one person could have committed this crime alone. I disagree. iirc It was in GA, one man killed a family of 9...alone, by himself, with no help. jmo
But, were they restrained and controlled (phone calls, pizza ordered) for 18 hours?

Yes. He was caught with plenty of people. But none have been arrested for the actual involvement of the actual crime. So maybe he did do this by himself.

I was hoping people would wait awhile or try it for themselves. But, since you are impatient, who ties up mr. S. ?
Ok, I'll play...

I let him walk in, then rush him from behind, punch him in the head, incapacitate him and tie him up.

People do not expect violence, especially in their own home.

Eta the problem with recreating the situation with friends is that you're not really willing to hurt them. It would be a whole lot easier if you hurt them.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Ok, I'll play...

I let him walk in, then rush him from behind, punch him in the head, incapacitate him and tie him up.

Eta the problem with recreating the situation with friends is that you'renot really willing to hurt them. It would be a whole lot easier if you hurt them.

How do you get him upstairs? Again please try this or think about it first.

I have a busy afternoon, and have to attend to things. I'll try to check back tonite.

Yes. He was caught with plenty of people. But none have been arrested for the actual involvement of the actual crime. So maybe he did do this by himself.

Maybe! Could go either way.
Although he seems like such a brainless sideshow madman freak, I was half-thinking they also might believe that he couldn't pull off the crime himself--in like, figure out the alarm system, deduce who might be there when from a schedule he has been studying, get himself to the right address, come with the right supplies or find them, not f up and let people flee, etc.
Not that I am thinking Einstein was involved, but at least a few things had to "work" for him to get away with the money for a a few days.
Ugh I have not thought about what happened to the little boy in a while. Still makes me stomach turn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, I'll play...

Eta the problem with recreating the situation with friends is that you're not really willing to hurt them. It would be a whole lot easier if you hurt them.

Let him walk in and go upstairs in search of his wife and son, first.

How do you get him upstairs? Again please try this or think about it first.
Lots of possibilities. ... it's not like he was 300 lbs...

1. I could carry/drag/manhandle him up the stairs. Again, I don't care if i hurt him.

2. Since I only tied his arms, I force him onto his feet and make him walk, and if he resists I cut/stab and make him comply.

3. I show him a cell phone pic of his son tied up, and tell him I'll kill them all unless he does what I say, and he complies and walks upstairs.

4. Many homes in that price range have elevators. Drag him to the elevator.

Or initial scenario goes down differently. .. I have women and boy tied up upstairs, and I wait with them upstairs. When he walks upstairs and into the bedroom, I rush him from behind then.

Again, the vast majority of people are not prepared for a violent encounter, particularly not in their own home where they feel safest.

I've already worked out all the scenarios, you obviously haven't done this or " worked" the problem enough yet. It's not as simple as you think. Think some more or try it.

This might seem like an odd question, but I've always wondered what type of
chairs the adults were restrained in? I'm thinking, dining room chairs, possibly
office chair? How did he keep the victims in control while he maneuvered the
chairs to the one room they were held captive in? (except for PS who was restrained
in a different room IIRC)

IIRC SS was not restrained when his body was found. LE speculated he was controlled through torture of his son and threats to his wife if he did not cooperate. IMO SS believed if he got this maniac some money that he'd leave and that would save his family. Therefore he made phone calls etc to arrange for money

Chuck Carroll ‏@TheChuckCarroll 2h2 hours ago
Prosecution and defense still investigating DC mansion murders. Not ready to proceed. Daron Wint to return to court Dec. 17. @WNEW

Attorney for Daron Wint requests identity of a witness be revealed. Some questions over identity of driver of the Porsche.

Prosecution believes Daron Wint had accomplices. Said another driver wouldn't necessarily be inconsistent with their theory. @WNEW

Prosecution said identity of the witness would be made public fi the case moves forward with Daron Wint as only defendant.

So name of W3 would be made public IF the case moves forward with DW as only defendant ...

Wondering if LE is investigating W3 as an accomplice and not a witness. It's possible W3 was an accomplice who provided a false description to throw LE off Wint. Seems strange no one else has come forward claiming to see the Porsche or driver on the day it was seen driven "erratically" on New York Ave (May 14).

So name of W3 would be made public IF the case moves forward with DW as only defendant ...

Wondering if LE is investigating W3 as an accomplice and not a witness. It's possible W3 was an accomplice who provided a false description to throw LE off Wint. Seems strange no one else has come forward claiming to see the Porsche or driver on the day it was seen driven "erratically" on New York Ave (May 14).

And to say- "short well groomed hair." I think it's a possibility and DW layer is grabbing at every straw. Thanks for the thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members