Australia - 3 dead after eating wild mushrooms, Leongatha, Victoria, Aug 2023 #7 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes I'd be interested to know if Erin's parents had left anything to Simon their son in law in their will.
Or if they "left him out" or "cut him out".
On the Lawlink site, only Erin and her sister are named on the Intended Application for Probate. I couldn’t find anything for Erin’s father, but he died before the mother. Her will was dated 2011. Erin married in 1973.

Do you remember when each of Erin’s parents passed and whether she was still married to Simon?

In any case I’d think they would have left money only to Erin on the assumption that she’d see to the financial future of her children. I’m not sure what the point would be to leave money to Simon unless they felt their daughter shouldn’t be trusted with a windfall. Even then they could have tied up the money by setting up a trust fund for the kids.
JMO
According to this Nov 2023 Age article, the Mount Waverly property purchased from the proceeds of EP's inheritance in 2019 was in both Erin and Simon's name and transferred to Erin's name only in 2021, which would indicate they were still together at her mother's time of passing in early 2019. EP's father passed in 2011.

"Public records show the property was transferred from joint ownership by Erin and Simon Patterson into Erin’s name alone in 2021. It previously traded in 2019 for $931,000."

Last edited:
On the Lawlink site, only Erin and her sister are named on the Intended Application for Probate. I couldn’t find anything for Erin’s father, but he died before the mother. Her will was dated 2011. Erin married in 1973.
Thanks, my post was rhetorical.
I wasn't actually asking a question.

Shouldn't that be Erin was born in 1973?

I think Erin was born in 1975.

(Gail and Don Patterson were married in 1973, according to the DM. I think that two years later they had Simon, who is the same age as Erin.)

At the bottom of a picturesque cemetery on the outskirts of their hometown, the graves of Erin Patterson's alleged victims remain unmarked more than a year after their deaths.

On Wednesday, Patterson will front the Supreme Court of Victoria for the first of a series of preliminary hearings to pave the way for her eventual jury trial next year.

On Monday, neither Mr Patterson nor Mr Wilkinson would discuss their scheduled appearances at the upcoming pre-trial hearings.
Warning signs posted at the gates of their respective homes in Korumburra - 120km south-east of Melbourne - threaten media representatives with prosecution for trespassing if they attempted to approach the properties.

The first of Patterson's pre-trial hearings is expected to wind-up on Monday, with further hearings planned for later this year, ahead of a trial next year.

But evidence from the hearings will be kept secret from the public to ensure potential jury members do not hear information that is not disclosed at the trial.

At the bottom of a picturesque cemetery on the outskirts of their hometown, the graves of Erin Patterson's alleged victims remain unmarked more than a year after their deaths.

On Wednesday, Patterson will front the Supreme Court of Victoria for the first of a series of preliminary hearings to pave the way for her eventual jury trial next year.

On Monday, neither Mr Patterson nor Mr Wilkinson would discuss their scheduled appearances at the upcoming pre-trial hearings.
Warning signs posted at the gates of their respective homes in Korumburra - 120km south-east of Melbourne - threaten media representatives with prosecution for trespassing if they attempted to approach the properties.

The first of Patterson's pre-trial hearings is expected to wind-up on Monday, with further hearings planned for later this year, ahead of a trial next year.

But evidence from the hearings will be kept secret from the public to ensure potential jury members do not hear information that is not disclosed at the trial.

Why are their graves unmarked? Maybe I missed something...

Why are their graves unmarked? Maybe I missed something...

Who knows? Maybe they have ordered a special imported material for the headstones, and that takes time.
Or maybe they don't want the press sniffing around the graves at the moment and publishing photos (like the DM has just done).
Or maybe they plan to mark the graves once the murder trial is over.

I am sure the families know where they are. And somehow the DM has found them.

imo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pennypiper
Back