DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they weren't really turning him in, or DW wasn't really turning himself in, but as Katydid23 said, the brother was smart enough to have reason to be near the proceeds of the crime if he was to be picked up while in its presence! Pretty smart if that's what he was doing...

Can you elaborate? I'm not following! Smart brother was near the cash? Why?

I think it has to do with how much cash the bank has on hand on such short notice. I am sure SS would rather have 50k delivered but 40 was all they could do?

I've worked in a bank. They have more than that. It may have to do with limits on AIW accounts.

Do the phone numbers on the site match any of the numbers on the SWs?

Are you asking if the phone numbers of any of the people in the apartment building match the S family, VF or JW phones? I checked the 4 numbers I have against the list of people in that building and found no matches. Not all names have phone numbers. I'm pretty sure the Wall*** angle is a dead end, but I would like to know if DW has friends in the area.

Can you elaborate? I'm not following! Smart brother was near the cash? Why?

I may have misunderstood, but I thought Katydid23 was saying by telling LE he was with his brother who was turning himself in, if LE stopped DW et al at some point, the brother would be able to say he was in the process of bringing DW in, so he had a legitimate reason for being found with the cash/money orders. If he didn't get stopped, then home free! So the relative was near the cash because he was laundering it, but if LE pulled him over, he was near the cash because he was taking his brother to the police station...

What ME? How do you know they didn't accidentally photograph the ATF pizza as crime scene accidentally?

Because the crime scene photos were taken before the ATF ordered and ate their pizza. (ME = medical examiner) ME photos are not crime scene photos, as they were taken after the scene could have been (obviously was) contaminated.

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3806-Calverton-Dr-University-Park-MD-20782/37544418_zpid/

I think that address info is wrong. From aerial photos there appears not to be an apt. complex. 3806 does look like a place where the S family may have lived at one time, IMO.

Exactly. That is my point - doesn't look like a place AS would be living. http://www.webpagescreenshot.info/img/55b9180e0bedb3-32061586
https://www.google.com/maps/place/3...2!3m1!1s0x89b7c4930315971d:0x453bc6fcdb683d72

ETA: BellaVita, that zillow page is for the wrong town/zip code.

I believe the third "match" was not a mixture of the other two, but another person. From the transcript, and Owen's explanation, it seems like the third was a "partial contributor".

Thanks, I wasn't real clear and will have to read that part again. DNA was discussed three times I believe. Gotta watch that Ago, he could sell an egg to hen (Strike that) he's a butt head.

Found this:
1.3.3.1 For a mixture profile which demonstrates a lower level partial contributor whose contribution
cannot be detected at most loci, deconvolution of loci at which only the higher level contributors
are detected can be accomplished and the corresponding statistics reported. The loci at which the
additional lower level contributor was detected will be considered inconclusive for this approach.

http://www.dfs.virginia.gov/wp-cont...-Manual-Modified-Random-Match-Probability.pdf

Thanks rkf

Was DW going to turn in the money along with himself? If that was the plan, why all the converting to money orders? If they were on the way to the police station couldn't they have just put all the cash and money orders in a bag so they could hand it to LE immediately? Sounds like it was scattered in several places in two different vehicles.

Someone last night posted they could have assisted the arrest for the reward. Sounds plausible, not sure if it's practical or possible.

At the bench, after Bach objected to Ago's questioning Owens about recovering cell phones stolen from the S house:

MS. BACH: And I'm afraid that he's going to end up -- I don't want him to be in a position where he has to testify -- I'm worried that he's going to have to -- he's going to not be able to testify without revealing that search warrant is what my concern is.
THE COURT: Have the search warrants been executed?
MS. BACH: No, that's the problem.
THE COURT: Okay, so the question is whether or not the cell phones have been recovered. The cell phones that were used in communications in this case, those were not recovered from Mr. Wint, his belongings or -- I can't find it.
MR. AGO: Homes associated.
THE COURT: And so, okay, I guess -- I guess you think the answer that he might reveal that he doesn't know?

p. 94

Is the judge making a joke because the detective said he "didn't know" so much during questioning? :clap:

So what does this mean? Why weren't all search warrants executed?

Someone last night posted they could have assisted the arrest for the reward. Sounds plausible, not sure if it's practical or possible.

How much reward was offered in this case?

So what does this mean? Why weren't all search warrants executed?

They were getting ready to execute a "new" one around the time of the PH. LE must have found new information that led them to think the phones might be at the SW address.

I finally got to that point. Yes, that was pretty harsh. But I am not sure I got why he said it. Why was he accusing her of making speeches when she was telling him about the open search warrants? At a bench conference? LOL!!

Anyway, that open search warrant that is about to be executed is actually really interesting to me! Where do they think they are...after all this time? And do they really think that someone would ACTUALLY still have them, again, after all this time?? If they are found, that person needs to be top of the list of stupid criminals. Just sayin'!!!

I think the judge said "no speeches" because Bach was starting to talk before she got to the bench. I think at that point in the hearing, Bach was only supposed to be questioning the witness OR talking to the judge at the bench, not saying stuff in open court that didn't meet either criteria. That's my amateur take. BTW, the judge is a woman. A kick a$$ woman!

ADMIN NOTE: The victims are not on trial here. Do NOT sleuth their surviving family members, nor post opinions which implicate the victims by their actions/behavior, UNLESS so indicated by LE.

Thanks.

Apparently a reminder is needed in here.

Reward money.

Yeah, but I was thinking it was the girls in the convoy! Imagine that - his own brother! The thing that really throws me about that, is if the brother was involved in the crime, even turning DW in wouldn't protect him from a felony murder charge. So if DW didn't act alone, who was with him? I found it really interesting that the judge shut down talk about the driver of the Amerit truck.

p 110* - preceding the above.
When Ago asked ^ Bach objected (no grounds stated); J. sustained.
Ago rephrased slightly, same obxn, J. overruled. Owens answered. " I have not viewed any, no."

Det. saying " I have not viewed any" is not same as 'There are none." JMO.

p. 111
After Ago's next Q. about anyone in neighborhood seeing someone like Wint on May 13, 14, Bach objected said
~ Defense was seeking discovery and J sustained.
JMO, that's why Bach objected to other Q ^.

*https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7PrkCLpJ4cSa2NSZElGcDRfOXc/view?pli=1

Yeah, I was really shocked at how much stuff was in the affidavit that the lead detective just got from other LE - he apparently didn't even review tapes and notes. Also, interesting that he did not interview JW, when it now appears JW was a strong POI early in the investigation. If you're the lead homicide detective, wouldn't you want to talk to the only person LE thinks is involved in the crimes at that time? I'm really thrown by Owen's testimony because he seems pretty uninterested in the case and has apparently not followed up on much of anything. Is he just acting that way so he doesn't provide info to the defense from the stand? There were a lot of "follow up" questions not asked of witnesses that seem to be glaring omissions - didn't ask JW what happened to his red lined bag; didn't ask JW why he texted AS instead of calling/texting SS when he found out the house was on fire...

But it should 3804 and n Beltsville --not university park!!

Also from Google Earth, it looks like Lighthouse way is the name of the parking lot that parallels Calverton Blvd, @rkf. Better for apartment marketing, I suppose!

Apparently a reminder is needed in here.

I'm sorry. Really. I didn't think that was sleuthing a family member/victim. I thought it was sleuthing someone pretending to be that person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member