DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know this, and I know this, but ppl reading quickly may not immed'ly grasp -
Owens' actual stmt in P/H that he prepared affidavit is not same as (hypo) stmt he personally conducted entire investigation and could personally testify to the truth of every piece of info in affidavit as being factual & accurate.

I think you are absolutely right. I think he did make it clear that he never spoke to JW. He just prepared the affidavit.

Since the affidavits were written within a few days of the murders, I don't think the lying remark covered weeks of interviews. JMO. BTW, good catch on the affidavits sworn to by different detectives al66pine. I started assuming they were all written by Owens as the lead detective, since he testified at the PH. Brain is turning to mush...

Not several interviews and not over weeks period of time.

Agreeing, these types of affidavits gen'ly tend to set out just the bare bones.

But in this affidavit, Owens as affiant makes it clear he relied on various LEOs for a lot, maybe most of investigation.
"Members of the Major Crimes/Cold Case Homicide Unit conducted an investigation into this offense. Members identified, located, and interviewed a person identified hereinafter as W-1" p 3/8 of affidavit. bbm
Cont's w Det's interviewing w W-2. p 5/8.
Ref's to pizza recovered by ATF, and DNA connection made thru FBI's CODIS, etc, p 7/8.

Shifts gears on p 8/8
"Your affiant has reviewed multiple cellular phone records and interviewed multiple witnesses that lead him to believe..." bbm
Owens clearly distinguishes ^ what he personally did, imo.

This is why, imo, in using affidavits and transcripts, we gen'ly reach more accurate conclusions than relying on MSM or SM, in their condensed versions, often w imprecise language. JMO.

Really interesting points. I think someone with law experience could hopefully answer.

Really interesting points. I think someone with law experience could hopefully answer.

The question being?
Apparently I'm in the running for the second time tdy, for densest post of the day on this thread. Maybe on all of W/S.
One more and it's a hat trick. LOL

So will this really not go to trial for two years? Will we get any new info?

That wouldn't be unusual at all. Lot of work to do to prepare for a murder or any other complicated case. Just off the top of my head at this late hour, a case involving a fire, DNA evidence, expert witnesses, multiple murders, video tapes, alleged eye witnesses, numerous other witnesses, possible defense Winfield arguments, expected litigation over pretiral discovery and more. Yea, 2 years seems about right.

Let's stay on topic. This thread isn't about LE lying. Thanks!

The question being?
Apparently I'm in the running for the second time tdy, for densest post of the day on this thread. Maybe on all of W/S.
One more and it's a hat trick. LOL

The question being exactly how happy was I to think you posed a question! :loveyou:

You know this, and I know this, but ppl reading quickly may not immed'ly grasp -

Owens' actual stmt in P/H that he prepared affidavit is not same as (hypo) stmt he personally conducted entire investigation and could personally testify to the truth of every piece of info in affidavit as being factual & accurate.

BBM and loving it!

Thank you for saying this so perfectly. :loveyou:

ADMIN NOTE: It is the responsibility of all members to know the "The Rules".

Any questions about TOS/"the rules" should be addressed in a private message to an administrator or moderator, and not discussed in the threads.

Suggested Reading:

Etiquette & Information

[...]

“Off-Topic” Posts:

OTP's are posts that do not relate to the intended thread topic, or are placed in the wrong category. While we realize threads often expand into different topics, we encourage members to do their best to either stay on track with the original topic, or to start another thread. Off-Topic posts are subject to editing or removal at administrative discretion, and without notification. Members that continuously post off topic may have their posting privileges suspended.

[...]

Attacking WS Moderators & Administrators:

Posting in a thread to comment on, question, or criticize moderator or administrator action is not allowed. Please utilize the board’s Private Message function or email to contact staff if you wish to discuss these issues. As long as you bring up your concerns maturely and civilly to the moderator or administrator in question, we will do our best to address your concerns fairly and promptly.

<modsnip>

I was thinking that by not actually "knowing" something, they can't lie. In a PH for example; you don't want to tip your hand; you've done lots of hard work to get the point of having enough evidence to hopefully convince the judge to bind over for trial.

A strategy, and weirdly honest if you know what I mean. It beats having to "object!" every time a fishing question is asked. The person testifying can testify only to what they know, and they know only what they know since they're getting information 2nd or 3rd hand.

I actually support it. Defense could ask questions that aren't objected to or aren't sustained by the judge and the honest answer would be that I don't know, or "to the best of my knowledge..." or "according to __________" and the questions couldn't go any deeper because there is no deeper or further knowledge. Sometimes when a question is denied it can raise more questions or can even answer the question the way the asker suspects. Like the answer that someone can neither confirm nor deny something, seems to confirm the unconfirmed.

I used to tell coworkers not to tell me if they're doing something they don't want their partner to know about. I've had more than one boyfriend or husband call me asking questions and I can honestly say "I don't know ask her yourself". I don't want to know anything. I'm a terrible liar and I dislike being put in that position. I'd certainly not want to lie in court, but if I don't know, I don't know. :wink:

No perjury or lying meant by me :) a different train of thought

Did this thread get shut down? It seems to have ground to a halt yesterday evening.

Although this was discussed a few pages back, I'm still very curious about the red bag. It couldn't have been found with JW, because it was on the SW for the 2 vehicles found with DW on his arrest. The red bag wasn't in the return of that SW, so where did it go?

Although this was discussed a few pages back, I'm still very curious about the red bag. It couldn't have been found with JW, because it was on the SW for the 2 vehicles found with DW on his arrest. The red bag wasn't in the return of that SW, so where did it go?
UP in smoke with the Porsche.

I was totally speculating that there might have been some confusion. In the affidavit, the bag was referred to as red-lined, and the black Herschel backpack likely had some form of red lining. But in the PH, Owens did say JW referred to his bag a red bag. He also said LE didn't ask JW about the bag, which is kind of weird since they were searching for it. My guess is, if the black backpack isn't the red-lined (or, red) bag, then JW must have dropped it somewhere that day--maybe even the Mosler (even though I think he said he put the $$ in an envelope from his car).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UP in smoke with the Porsche.

Thing is though... JW's last account of the money transfer... was that he put the money in an envelope that he'd happened to have in his car, and then put the envelope in red car (Mosler)? then why is the red bag on both DW and JW's SW's? If he never put the red bag in the Mosler, then JW should have it.

Did this thread get shut down? It seems to have ground to a halt yesterday evening.

Hi birpu,

Maybe everyone else was waiting to see the photo of what was for supper from TexMex? I know I was!

Hi birpu,

Maybe everyone else was waiting to see the photo of what was for supper from TexMex? I know I was!

I just started the fire. Ribeyes, corn on the cob and baked potatoes then putting on a brisket and ribs for a party tomorrow

I think facundo could be on to something re red bag

Thing is though... JW's last account of the money transfer... was that he put the money in an envelope that he'd happened to have in his car, and then put the envelope in red car (Mosler)? then why is the red bag on both DW and JW's SW's? If he never put the red bag in the Mosler, then JW should have it.

This is true. If his last story was correct, he should have it. If was a lie/mistake, he could have dropped the bag somewhere with the money and it ended up in the Porsche or otherwise with DW (and/or co). My apologies for spec that the Herschel could have been the red-lined bag. Owens stated in the PH that no red-lined bag was found in the BMW!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member