DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why courts and lawyers do what they do in various cases. I just make guesses sometimes.

Maybe the further away from the actual horror the better for the defendant? Postpone things while emotions become less raw as the images of what transpired become less vivid , at least in some minds?
It seems this case has been allowed to go almost silent. I think it's "odd" too , however, I think that about a lot of cases that don't seem to get the coverage that I feel they should. Often very curious.

I hope someone on here with more knowledge than I will answer your question

It's incredibly rare for a case to stay in the news from the day it first happens to the day of the verdict. Once the suspect is arrested, you are going to have large periods of time where nothing is happening. What is the media suppose to report? There is no news. There are also so many other stories out there that also need the airtime. Stories where the victims are missing or where there has been arrest. Cases like the Boston Bomber, Aurora shooter, Hannah Graham, Freddie Gray...they all left the media at points and then came back when something new happened.

It's incredibly rare for a case to stay in the news from the day it first happens to the day of the verdict. Once the suspect is arrested, you are going to have large What is the media suppose to report? There is no news. There are also so many other stories out there that also need the airtime. Stories where the victims are missing or where there has been arrest. Cases like the Boston Bomber, Aurora shooter, Hannah Graham, Freddie Gray...they all left the media at points and then came back when something new happened.

Yes (in some many, most, all?) cases there are long MSM coverage gaps.

"...periods of time where nothing is happening...." Respectfully offering a diff view re <--- phrasing.

Often there are ct hearings re whether certain items can be admitted into evidence, whether certain witnesses stmts will be allowed in, etc. Often a judge request that both parties file briefs to support their position for or against admission, so they do legal research on the issue.
Another point: def team reviews discovery (docs, interviews, vids, transcriptions, forensic findings, etc) from the pros-team, to anticipate how the pros-team may use and present their case. Def teams looks for weaknesses, possible mistakes, ambiguities, or vagueness, which can be used in cross exam or in defense's direct-exam..
Pros-team also keeps sleeves rolled up while performing reciprocal work.

During media coverage gaps, both prosecutor team and defense team are working on case (and other cases), but not issuing media releases, not holding pressers, not tweeting, not FB'ing about case. Does not necessarily mean nothing is happening

JM2cts, could be wrong.

OK...so the weirdest thing happened to me today. I got an email from the CEO of my company, asking me to stand by to complete a wire transfer. As a signatory on our accounts, I didn't think a lot of it, until I got the wiring instructions, which were to an individual I had never heard of. I then got some follow-up emails. I tried to reach our CEO by text, and couldn't. Of course I then started to wonder if the entire family was being held hostage, etc. etc. It was just a scam, more sophisticated than most since the emails really did look legit, but it was very strange.

OK...so the weirdest thing happened to me today. I got an email from the CEO of my company, asking me to stand by to complete a wire transfer. As a signatory on our accounts, I didn't think a lot of it, until I got the wiring instructions, which were to an individual I had never heard of. I then got some follow-up emails. I tried to reach our CEO by text, and couldn't. Of course I then started to wonder if the entire family was being held hostage, etc. etc. It was just a scam, more sophisticated than most since the emails really did look legit, but it was very strange.

WAIT...so it was a scam, or not?

It was a scam. I eventually was able to reach our CEO who is fine and well. It's been reported to LE.

Having just now read through the transcripts of DW's court appearance, from what I have read, and in my opinion, the defense seems to be giving the impression that DW's brother-the one in the box truck-is of primary responsibility, Anybody else get this vibe?

Having just now read through the transcripts of DW's court appearance, from what I have read, and in my opinion, the defense seems to be giving the impression that DW's brother-the one in the box truck-is of primary responsibility, Anybody else get this vibe?

I agree, but I think you meant the 'state', not the 'defense.' It was the prosecution that wrote up those papers.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/267776483/Search-Warrant-for-BMW

From the Search Warrant for the JW's BMW:

"Disclosure of the information would jeopardize the ongoing investigation and would also raise significant safety concerns for witnesses involved in this investigation".

Well, that answer's that for me... there are in fact witnesses. Have you guys read all of the court documents for this case?

Witnesses doesn't mean they saw the crime being committed. We already knew there were various witnesses because they are listed in various documents. One saw the man driving erratically.

I thought about this case a lot over the holidays and the daughters who had to somehow handle it all. I keep checking back in trying to make sense of it all and hoping for more information. This is one case that has somewhat haunted me all year.

Witnesses doesn't mean they saw the crime being committed. We already knew there were various witnesses because they are listed in various documents. One saw the man driving erratically.

This is the msn news article with that information:

By JESSICA GRESKO, Associated Press 5/23/2015

BBM
Authorities linked what may have been two different men to Amy Savopoulos' blue Porsche 911 the day of the killings. One, "with short, well-groomed hair," was spotted driving erratically away from the crime scene. Another, wearing a dark hoodie, was videotaped carrying a bucket near where the Porsche was set on fire later that day. SNIP

A court document said authorities believe the killings "required the presence and assistance of more than one person." None of the people detained with Wint were immediately charged with any crimes.

Wint is being represented by Natalie Lawson, a public defender. His defense argued that authorities lack probable cause, since a suspect seen driving the Porsche had short hair. Wanted posters issued while Wint was a fugitive showed him with long hair.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...had-help-in-slaying-of-rich-family/ar-BBk71EZ

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/loc...s-demolish-savopoulos-mansion-filed/78811756/
January 14, 2016
Plans to demolish Savopoulos mansion filed
Plans have been filed to demolish the Northwest D.C. mansion that was the scene of a gruesome quadruple murder, WUSA9 has confirmed.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...e-of-Mansion-Murders-Submitted-365288431.html
Jan 14, 2016
Application Filed to Demolish Site of Mansion Murders
A permit to raze the mansion where four people were brutally killed in Washington, D.C., has been submitted.
The Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs said the permit, which was submitted on Jan. 6, is under review.

Charges have come down today per Fox5. Wint is the only suspect 20 felony charges, including first-degree murder while armed, burglary, kidnapping, extortion, arson and theft facing LWOP.

Nobody else even named as part of the investigation to date.

http://www.fox5dc.com/news/93190415-story

CBS Evening News (@CBSEveningNews): https://twitter.com/CBSEveningNews?s=09

JUST IN: Darren Wint charged with 20 felony counts, incl. first degree murder, for killing 4 people in D.C. mansion https://t.co/8HY0UrOly0
91479311d1d3f1be855fca5c4dabe3cd.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member