DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually it's getting someone else's hands on the cash without AS/SS signing for it and having it hand delivered as well it as there's a huge difference between taking someone hostage and needing them to physically go into the bank versus nobody that wasn't involved having to see the hostages/perps in order to get the cash home delivered. Any number of business owners may have lots of cash in the bank, but you'd have to know that they have a non-family member available who is an authorized signer to the account that can go in you absence and one way or another have that cash brought to your house.

That, or Wint naively thought that a wealthy person generally has piles of cash sitting around tied up in bundles or in cartoon sacks that say, "$" on the side. I'm inclined to think he did not act alone/knew someone who knew them/had an inside accomplice, but until we know more about the evidence, there is the possibility that Wint thought the money would be there and just got lucky that there was someone SS could call.

That, or Wint naively thought that a wealthy person generally has piles of cash sitting around tied up in bundles or in cartoon sacks that say, "$" on the side. I'm inclined to think he did not act alone/knew someone who knew them/had an inside accomplice, but until we know more about the evidence, there is the possibility that Wint thought the money would be there and just got lucky that there was someone SS could call.

One thing that I don't think we've had much detail on but sounded very interesting was that DW (et al) actually left some or all of the money that was stored at the home and only took the money that was from the bank. I don't think there's been much granularity on exactly what was and wasn't stolen from home though, but I do think it's been reported that some or all the jewelry remained at the home in addition to X amount of cash stored at the home.

So, I guess we have the wait until 12/17 at 9:30 for some more facts in this case. Does anyone know what we can expect at this next arraignment??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, I guess we have the wait until 12/17 at 9:30 for some more facts in this case. Does anyone know what we can expect at this next arraignment??

I fear we aren't going to learn a lot more until trial in two years unless the prosecution pulls more defendants out of a hat.

I fear we aren't going to learn a lot more until trial in two years unless the prosecution pulls more defendants out of a hat.

Well, that's likely true but maybe we will find out whatever evidence the district has against Wint. So far, I see him as a lone wolf. I just want to know what else they have.

What time is DW due at the courthouse? I hope there will be journalist tweeting live.

:bump: court in 45 minutes

ETA I'm not finding anything recent on Google or Twitter about a court appearance today.

I can't find any info on Wint' court appearance today!

Per noon news WUSA next court day is 2/19 and he may or may not be arraigned that day.

http://wtop.com/dc/2015/12/accused-killer-in-d-c-mansion-murders-in-court/ :seeya: February 19th

WASHINGTON — The only person accused in the murder of the Savopoulos family of D.C. was back in court Thursday.

Daron Wint of Lanham, Maryland faces one count of first-degree murder.

Wint was in court for a felony status conference. He is still being held without bond.

Wint is expect to be back in court Feb. 19, 2016 for his arraignment.

Those of you with knowledge about how court and such criminal cases work, what would be the advantage/disadvantage to pushing the court date to Feb. 19? It's so odd ... this murder has such little press coverage.

Those of you with knowledge about how court and such criminal cases work, what would be the advantage/disadvantage to pushing the court date to Feb. 19? It's so odd ... this murder has such little press coverage.

Either they're not ready to indict him or they're negotiating a plea.

Thank you.
A plea. Makes my heart sink. I think he should be quartered, dragged and hanged.
At the very least.

You're welcome.
Guilt established first THEN qd&h.

A guilty plea, IMO, is the best possible resolution. But I have no idea the psyche of this man. He may want to experience what he thinks is the power of a trial. He really has almost nothing to lose with a trial in Superior Court. Plea or conviction - he ain't going nowhere for the rest of his life.

I don't know why courts and lawyers do what they do in various cases. I just make guesses sometimes.

Maybe the further away from the actual horror the better for the defendant? Postpone things while emotions become less raw as the images of what transpired become less vivid , at least in some minds?
It seems this case has been allowed to go almost silent. I think it's "odd" too , however, I think that about a lot of cases that don't seem to get the coverage that I feel they should. Often very curious.

I hope someone on here with more knowledge than I will answer your question

Sometimes, it is something as simple as the court dockets being backed up. Our court systems are a mess... too few judges/courtrooms/public defenders, excess cases, etc. That could simply be the next court date available to all involved (i.e. attorneys/judge/etc.).

Here's a link to the status of his case:

https://www.dccourts.gov/cco/maincase.jsf

Not much of an explanation, but I don't have a ton of time to look into this now, but it doesn't hurt to rule out the procedural delays first, then look into further details such as status of investigation, additional information/people presenting themselves, etc. I, for one, am VERY curious to see how this one plays out! That poor family! Ugh...

I don't know why courts and lawyers do what they do in various cases. I just make guesses sometimes.

Maybe the further away from the actual horror the better for the defendant? Postpone things while emotions become less raw as the images of what transpired become less vivid , at least in some minds?
It seems this case has been allowed to go almost silent. I think it's "odd" too , however, I think that about a lot of cases that don't seem to get the coverage that I feel they should. Often very curious.

I hope someone on here with more knowledge than I will answer your question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member