DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One other thing about the money is I think it was tied to knowledge about the new place opening. I think some information was shared with the perp about the extra funds being available related to that place opening.

It is much too coincidental that the new place was opening the next day. The money was tied to that someone which tells me someone that had inside knowledge shared with the perp.

(Respectfully clipped by me)

Excellent thoughts. My only issue with this excellent theory is that right after the first reports of this horrific crime emerged myself and a few others here on WS thoroughly searched the web for any publicity and/or information about this new martial arts facility opening in the area and, if I recall correctly, the only thing we found was a single Facebook post mentioning it (but not announcing a grand opening or any dates).

With this in mind, it would require for the person(s) involved in the crime to have knowledge about the facility and/or it's grand opening that was unavailable to the general public.

Since the first reports of this crime emerged I've been puzzled by the reports that the cash withdraw amount was connected to the grand opening of the martial arts facility when there had been literally zero publicity about the facility or a grand opening event.

The 40k "coincidence" is puzzling. Wasn't it Nellie who said that cash being delivered to the house was a common occurrence? No one needs 40 k in cash for a grand opening of a martial arts studio. It could just be a misunderstanding or bad reporting because the media didn't ask any clarifying questions.

Unless they called and under threat Amy told them it was ok...

This seems to be a very logical conclusion to me.

We also have an up to date alarm/security system. We were told right up front upon getting the system if the glass breaking sensors registered a breakage alert.... whether our alarm was armed or not... they would immediately treat it as a breech. When that happens a representative with the security company is on the intercom monitoring system which is inside of the home.... asking the occupants if everything is okay and it is done less than a minute after registering the break. They also have to give their security pass code to the representative for them to log it as a false alert verifying it didn't need the assistance of the police.

There is so much we do not know about this case and none of the public will know until Wint is brought to trial. It is always best for the DA to keep his/her evidence close to the vest and imo, in this very high profile case they have done so to protect the integrity of the case. But of course this case isn't really any different than most. No DA or LE is going to tell the general public what the evidence entails which they have amassed since it began. It just doesn't happen. We may know a tad if a pre-lim is held but there is always much we don't know until the trial is held. Imo, they have a lot of solid evidence against Wint.

Even LE said the forced entry came from the killer. Imo, they have a valid reason for saying this since they are the ones investigating the case and has been at the crime scene numerous times.

I think they know this because they have talked with the rep that came on the intercom system inside the home when the glass breakage was notated. Imo, the security company could be held liable if they just logged it in as an alert without taken proper measures to see if it was or not. It makes no sense they would just log it and not investigate. What would be the point of having glass breakage monitors if all they do is log it and not investigate to verify it either way?

Now we have tripped our alarm by being forgetful a couple of times and are able to deactivate it less than 45 seconds and that is logged into our account activity and we are sent that information in an email to us. And then sometimes it went over the allotted time and they were on the intercom within less than one minute talking to the one who was here and immediately verifying we were who we said we were.

Imo, Amy did answer and out of fear and trying to cooperate with a madman she told them everything was okay. I think that is the very reason the police knows it was the killer breaking glass to force entry into the home. She would have done anything he told her to do if she thought it would keep them all safe. When he forced entry he most likely seized one of them immediately and had a knife to their throat. It could have been Amy or one of the other two victims. No matter who it was she would do everything he said thinking if she did she may could save them from harm.

We have the glass breaking sensors and the sensors on all windows and doors and we have two dogs who bark all through the day. Breaking glass has a different pitch frequency than a dog's bark. Imo, the security companies would make sure the sensor wouldn't go off simply by a barking dog. Since many homeowners in America have barking dogs in their home it would drive the company reps crazy with all the false alerts that would be going off. I wouldn't have a system that alerted because of my dogs barking especially if the company just logs it and ignores it. What if it wasn't a dog barking but someone breaking glass in order to get into the home? It seems to me that could open up a lot of liability and lawsuits should a company just log it and does not make contact the homeowner directly.

JMO though

The 40k "coincidence" is puzzling. Wasn't it Nellie who said that cash being delivered to the house was a common occurrence? No one needs 40 k in cash for a grand opening of a martial arts studio. It could just be a misunderstanding or bad reporting because the media didn't ask any clarifying questions.

I recall her saying she knew nothing about any money being delivered to the house.

OT but related because so similar. Like a copycat case it seems.

I tried to find WS event and I dont think there is one so posting here.

The 911 recording sounds almost too calm and too much information quickly. It was like the person reporting was prepared with all the information. Then the height of the suspect was already changed by end of call.

My first inclination is the bank manager made up this incident but not sure at this point.
I would think it would be tough to pull off a fake holdup with his kids and family being there.
Unless he had a friend pose as the bank robber.

Also how did he know the handgun was a .380 He seemed very sure of the type of gun.
This sounds a little too fishy to me. Glad FBI is investigating. Will be interesting to hear followup on this.

The 911 recording is on this link.

http://www.richlandsource.com/news/...cle_41a50e58-8492-11e5-a27b-87528844dcac.html

Here's more on the recent Ohio case.

http://www.local8now.com/home/headl...bery-similar-to-2-in-Knoxville-345110502.html

If you know anything, you're asked to contact the local FBI. There have been two more bank robberies in Tennessee that are similar one in Elizabethton near Johnson City and one in Memphis. There have been a total of five since April where bank executives are held up and forced to rob their own banks.

I've thought all along that most likely someone walked the dogs and left the house unlocked while the little boy was home sick...ie: around 4:00 or so??
That said, is it too far out to think that possibly Wint was hiding in Savvas' car? The car is driven into the garage, and Wint gets out with Savvas and goes into the house?
If the police are saying things started around 6:00--when Savvas returned home...and no one can figure out how Wint got to the house without being videotaped on area security cameras, possibly he was either hiding in the trunk or in the back seat...
just a thought

I, too, have always believed that there was only one perp. Still do.

The kicker with this thought is who drove the Porsche away from the house only to burn it?

You know, sometimes the answer is just what it is. Wint could have driven the Porsche from the house. He had a ride out of the area then, and remember the person that burned the Porsche was carrying a white bucket. He took something out of the vehicle prior to burning it. I'd say what was in the bucket was what he wanted from the house.

Wasn't the porshe found burning at 5:30 pm ?

He could have loaded the Porsche during the night, unloaded after he set the fire. Thus the reason for returning to the crime city with a truck. The girls and the car Wint was in when arrested could have been let go once they turned the money into money orders. Leaving them with a truck loaded with items from the home.

I've thought all along that most likely someone walked the dogs and left the house unlocked while the little boy was home sick...ie: around 4:00 or so??
That said, is it too far out to think that possibly Wint was hiding in Savvas' car? The car is driven into the garage, and Wint gets out with Savvas and goes into the house?
If the police are saying things started around 6:00--when Savvas returned home...and no one can figure out how Wint got to the house without being videotaped on area security cameras, possibly he was either hiding in the trunk or in the back seat...
just a thought

IMHO, yes, it is too far out to think that Wint stowed away in Savvas' car. We know that AS called him at the Dojo, which he was scrambling to get ready for its opening, and asked him to come home early. It seems obvious to me (IMO) that Wint was already in the house at that point. Even if not, I don't think the concept of stowing away in Savvas' car is necessary to explain how Wint gained access to the home, since he could have gotten in by simply ringing the doorbell or finding an unlocked door (or kicking in a locked door, if we are to believe that the french door was kicked in).

He could have loaded the Porsche during the night, unloaded after he set the fire.
But I think the porsche was parked on the street, wouldn't someone have seen him? That said, it's hard to believe that no neighbors saw anything...that no dogs in the 'hood were barking...nothing. So. Strange.

IMHO, yes, it is too far out to think that Wint stowed away in Savvas' car. We know that AS called him at the Dojo, which he was scrambling to get ready for its opening, and asked him to come home early. It seems obvious to me (IMO) that Wint was already in the house at that point. Even if not, I don't think the concept of stowing away in Savvas' car is necessary to explain how Wint gained access to the home, since he could have gotten in by simply ringing the doorbell or finding an unlocked door (or kicking in a locked door, if we are to believe that the french door was kicked in).
Yes, I think you're right...but I can't figure out why the police are saying that the event started at 6:00 ... unless they are only referring to SS's murder, and he got home at 6:00...so that's when the evening's tragic events started, legally.
I think Wint was there for at least 1-2 hours prior, and inflicting terror...it's just so hard to believe this happened, and so, so sad for the families who lost their loved ones ...

Yes, I think you're right...but I can't figure out why the police are saying that the event started at 6:00 ... unless they are only referring to SS's murder, and he got home at 6:00...so that's when the evening's tragic events started, legally.
I think Wint was there for at least 1-2 hours prior, and inflicting terror...it's just so hard to believe this happened, and so, so sad for the families who lost their loved ones ...

At this time I think they are referring only to his murder because he is the only one associated with the charges initially brought iirc .

But I think the porsche was parked on the street, wouldn't someone have seen him? That said, it's hard to believe that no neighbors saw anything...that no dogs in the 'hood were barking...nothing. So. Strange.

This case , Sievers case also ...yes .. why were the dogs not heard barking that late at night.

It was the following morning before the fire that neighbors reported strange occurrences in the neighborhood. Dogs barking. Vacuum cleaner salesman....

I think the dogs could hear the tortured screams of the family that morning especially. I am surprised they didn't bark all night long since their door was duct-taped closed.

Well... here's two possibilities:

- Wint loaded the Porsche in the middle of the night when it's unlikely that anyone would see him (but this really would require an accomplice to monitor the hostages while Wint did that)

- The individual that loaded the Porsche [btw what is it that you all think was loaded into the Porsche?] not only didn't appear out of place but was someone familiar to neighbors, who had a legitimate reason to be at the house; a reason that could be verified by at least one AIW employee.

Also, it is my understanding that Wint doesn't know how to drive a fully manual transmission (stick shift) with a floor mounted clutch pedal [these days the vast majority of drivers have no clue how to drive a stick shift with clutch].

Records from Savvas' mobile carrier can pinpoint the exact time (circa 5:30pm) he received the call urging him to come home and exactly where he was (Chantilly, VS) when he answered the call. It's about 25 miles from Chantilly to the Savopoulos home and estimated travel time of 45 minutes when leaving Chantilly at 5:30pm). The earliest possible time Savvas can arrive home is 6pm (speeding and absolutely no traffic).

The 6:00 start time was something that was reported very early on. I think that LE said it started at *approximately* 6:00. I would bet that at trial we will learn that LE either 1) was only talking about the crime against SS when they named approx. 6:00 as the start time (which would be correct - if he got home at 6:00, that's when he became a victim of the crimes, even if the crimes against the others started earlier - keep in mind that the charges at this point only concern SS), or that 2) LE has revised its thinking based on evidence that they were not considering at the time -- i.e., that Vera was to leave much earlier than 6 and that something prevented her from doing so, and that AS' call was most likely forced. JMO.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7PrkCLpJ4cSa2NSZElGcDRfOXc/view?pli=1
Not to be picky but want to clarify that the 6pm timeframe was stated at the preliminary hearing NOT "very early on." This was surprising to most of us, since it was widely speculated to have begun around 3 or 3:30.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, good memory. I looked through the transcript again, and the everything that's said supports that the crime started no later than 6:00 PM. He's not asked the question, "could it have started earlier?" LE isn't trying to set the record straight at the preliminary hearing; they are just trying to get the case to trial. I still think that the supposed 6:00 start-time will be corrected at trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1