DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I highly doubt that the home hadn't already been invaded by the time AS called SS at 5:30 asking SS to come home while he was in the final throes of trying to get his studio prepared for its opening, something Amy knew was important to him and was trying to help him complete in time (as evidenced by AS' VM to her housekeeper). Maybe something the was broken at around 6:00, but if LE still believes that the crime didn't start before that, I have to respectfully disagree.

I take a big issue with that and I think it will only be a matter of time before that's changed. I don't think AS of her own volition would go and have SS come home to babysit so she can have a girl's night out when he's busy preparing for the grand opening of a project he's spent his life on. We know any number of ruses were used, so I don't see why this would be any different with AS being forced to come up with some excuse to get SS home.

http://www.asecurelife.com/home-security-basics-sensors-and-monitoring/

Glassbreak SensorGlass break sensors – glass break sensors should be installed if you have large sliding glass doors, large windows, or simply want additional protection in the event that a thief enters your house by breaking the glass instead of opening the window. A glass break sensor will detect the unique frequency of glass breaking, usually up to 10 feet away – so you should be able to install one to cover at least two windows.
Note that glass break sensors will not detect windows opening if the glass doesn’t break (just as window sensors will not detect glass breaking). For a full solution, you’ll need either both window and glass break sensor (for a window), or (we prefer this) a motion sensor to cover the area.
Note that glass break sensors will sound an alarm if glass is broken, whether or not your system is armed. The idea being that glass shouldn’t be breaking at any time, whether your system is armed or not. This will only work if you or a security professional programs the alarm zone for the glass breakage detector as a 24-hour zone.

http://www.asecurelife.com/home-security-basics-sensors-and-monitoring/

Glassbreak SensorGlass break sensors – glass break sensors should be installed if you have large sliding glass doors, large windows, or simply want additional protection in the event that a thief enters your house by breaking the glass instead of opening the window. A glass break sensor will detect the unique frequency of glass breaking, usually up to 10 feet away – so you should be able to install one to cover at least two windows.
Note that glass break sensors will not detect windows opening if the glass doesn’t break (just as window sensors will not detect glass breaking). For a full solution, you’ll need either both window and glass break sensor (for a window), or (we prefer this) a motion sensor to cover the area.
Note that glass break sensors will sound an alarm if glass is broken, whether or not your system is armed. The idea being that glass shouldn’t be breaking at any time, whether your system is armed or not. This will only work if you or a security professional programs the alarm zone for the glass breakage detector as a 24-hour zone.

BBM is the critical part. The sentence before it is the opinion of the writer. Whether glass breaks are programmed the way described above varies from system to system. Mine does not "sound an alarm" but rather chirps when the glass break detectors are tripped. It can be programmed to do otherwise, but it would drive me crazy if I dropped a drinking glass and my alarm went off. I believe based on experiences in others' homes that most systems are programmed the way mine is.

BBM is the critical part. The sentence before it is the opinion of the writer. Whether glass breaks are programmed the way described above varies from system to system. Mine does not "sound an alarm" but rather chirps when the glass break detectors are tripped. It can be programmed to do otherwise, but it would drive me crazy if I dropped a drinking glass and my alarm went off. I believe based on experiences in others' homes that most systems are programmed the way mine is.

Yes, it would drive me crazy too, or I would eventually get so used to it going off for "minor non-break-in incidents" that I would start ignoring it or turn it off. Kind of like "oh there goes the stupid alarm again, but I know it is really nothing" which in turn lowers my instinctive " OMG! Somebody is trying to break in!!!!" Does that make sense? lol...

If there was a indeed a struggle in the house and Savvas was able to punch out the glass on the French door pane - the glass should have been outside the home, whereas if Wint (or the fireman) broke in through the French door the glass would be inside the home. It seems to be a conundrum.

Wondering if perhaps when Nelly was going to leave at 3 pm maybe she saw Wint hanging around and was scared to walk to the bus stop. She went back in the house and told Amy about the strange man. Amy told her just to continue to stay at the house until the strange man went away, but he didn't go home and Amy called Savvas home at 5:30 and in order not to frighten Vera and Philip any more she said she needed him to come home so she could go out. Wint's patience broke at 5:57 and he broke into the home... Nawww! Amy is smarter than that. She would have called LE if there was a strange man hanging around the home and she surely would have activated the alarm fully... It's a conundrum for me.

Yes, it would drive me crazy too, or I would eventually get so used to it going off for "minor non-break-in incidents" that I would start ignoring it or turn it off. Kind of like "oh there goes the stupid alarm again, but I know it is really nothing" which in turn lowers my instinctive " OMG! Somebody is trying to break in!!!!" Does that make sense? lol...

If there was a indeed a struggle in the house and Savvas was able to punch out the glass on the French door pane - the glass should have been outside the home, whereas if Wint (or the fireman) broke in through the French door the glass would be inside the home. It seems to be a conundrum.

Wondering if perhaps when Nelly was going to leave at 3 pm maybe she saw Wint hanging around and was scared to walk to the bus stop. She went back in the house and told Amy about the strange man. Amy told her just to continue to stay at the house until the strange man went away, but he didn't go home and Amy called Savvas home at 5:30 and in order not to frighten Vera and Philip any more she said she needed him to come home so she could go out. Wint's patience broke at 5:57 and he broke into the home... Nawww! Amy is smarter than that. She would have called LE if there was a strange man hanging around the home and she surely would have activated the alarm fully... It's a conundrum for me.

I think it's possible that someone broke the french door window during the crime but after the crime had already started; maybe someone inside the house made a lunge for it to try to get out and was grabbed by Wint, maybe there was a struggle and the pane was incidentally broken, maybe someone inside kicked it hoping that it would trigger the alarm (even if it didn't). Maybe Wint stepped outside for a moment and AS managed to slam the door shut, but he kicked it back in before she could get any further. I just cannot buy that the call from AS telling SS to come home even though she knew he was jamming to get his studio completed for the weekend's celebration of its opening -- 25 minutes before the glass break -- was just a coincidence. I believe her call was related to the crime.

I also don't think the alarm monitoring company received notice of the armed system going off and just failed to send LE. I think that a signal went into a log someplace because the system was not armed.

My house is programmed as 24 hour. We don't drop enough glasses to worry about it bothering us. Rather have my home secure when I'm away and my family is there without protection. And SS system did send a report

Did you guys see this case in OH?

[h=1]BANK MANAGER FORCED TO STEAL CASH AS FAMILY HELD HOSTAGE[/h]The Richland County Sheriff's Office confirmed to ABC News today that the manager's wife and children had been taken hostage at 2 p.m. Thursday at their home. When the bank manager, returned home at 9 p.m., he was taken hostage as well.

I highly doubt that the home hadn't already been invaded by the time AS called SS at 5:30 asking SS to come home while he was in the final throes of trying to get his studio prepared for its opening, something Amy knew was important to him and was trying to help him complete in time (as evidenced by AS' VM to her housekeeper). Maybe something the was broken at around 6:00, but if LE still believes that the crime didn't start before that, I have to respectfully disagree.
Completely agree (was just about to post similar; so glad I read through all the posts first and read your excellent post).

We know that the very earliest that Savvas could have arrived home is around 6. With this in mind, might I suggest it's more likely that there might have been a physical altercation between Savvas and the intruder(s) upon his arrival home and Savvas might have directed the struggle to that area knowing/hoping that a crack/break in that glass would trigger the alarm company and hopefully send help to him and his family.

Thoughts?

[h=1]BANK MANAGER FORCED TO STEAL CASH AS FAMILY HELD HOSTAGE[/h]The Richland County Sheriff's Office confirmed to ABC News today that the manager's wife and children had been taken hostage at 2 p.m. Thursday at their home. When the bank manager, returned home at 9 p.m., he was taken hostage as well.

That is very, very bizarre! He was able to get more than $40,000. In many ways sounds like the Savopoulous' situation.

My house is programmed as 24 hour. We don't drop enough glasses to worry about it bothering us. Rather have my home secure when I'm away and my family is there without protection. And SS system did send a report

They obviously didn't have it set up that way, or else the police would have come. The event was logged, that's it.

BANK MANAGER FORCED TO STEAL CASH AS FAMILY HELD HOSTAGE
The Richland County Sheriff's Office confirmed to ABC News today that the manager's wife and children had been taken hostage at 2 p.m. Thursday at their home. When the bank manager, returned home at 9 p.m., he was taken hostage as well.

Yes, bizarre

(if it happened as reported, not suggesting I have info to the contrary but can think of alternative events)

I am guessing security system wasn't "armed" so whatever alert was issued didn't trigger an alarm or security company calling asking if everything was fine.

Unless they called and under threat Amy told them it was ok...

Completely agree (was just about to post similar; so glad I read through all the posts first and read your excellent post).

We know that the very earliest that Savvas could have arrived home is around 6. With this in mind, might I suggest it's more likely that there might have been a physical altercation between Savvas and the intruder(s) upon his arrival home and Savvas might have directed the struggle to that area knowing/hoping that a crack/break in that glass would trigger the alarm company and hopefully send help to him and his family.

Thoughts?

JMO
I agree the glass breaking was after events already started and I think it was most likely due to some sort of attempt or struggle inside the house. Maybe one of the people in the house was able to throw something at the window as a passerby was walking outside and hoped to get their attention. Or an internal struggle in the house.

This could be one of the reasons the perp got so violent with the people inside was maybe a faulty attempt to free themselves that involved that glass breaking. It would have upset the perp to where things escalated.

One other thing about the money is I think it was tied to knowledge about the new place opening. I think some information was shared with the perp about the extra funds being available related to that place opening.

It is much too coincidental that the new place was opening the next day. The money was tied to that someone which tells me someone that had inside knowledge shared with the perp.

I continue to think that others were involved and maybe just as providers of information for a cut of the money. I think the others did not want to be part of going in the house but they did have a role of providing info and maybe could have been involved in delivering funds or obtaining funds.

I just don't see how the 1 person randomly choosing that particular day by chance. Others were involved somehow. The extent of their involvement is what is not known yet.
All JMO

OT but related because so similar. Like a copycat case it seems.

I tried to find WS event and I dont think there is one so posting here.

The 911 recording sounds almost too calm and too much information quickly. It was like the person reporting was prepared with all the information. Then the height of the suspect was already changed by end of call.

My first inclination is the bank manager made up this incident but not sure at this point.
I would think it would be tough to pull off a fake holdup with his kids and family being there.
Unless he had a friend pose as the bank robber.

Also how did he know the handgun was a .380 He seemed very sure of the type of gun.
This sounds a little too fishy to me. Glad FBI is investigating. Will be interesting to hear followup on this.

The 911 recording is on this link.

http://www.richlandsource.com/news/...cle_41a50e58-8492-11e5-a27b-87528844dcac.html

Regarding the $40,000, the driver had one day's notice (that we know of). Does we have a media thread for the Savopoulos' case? I need a refresher course. I cannot remember the time when the driver received the text regarding delivery of a package. Nelly G had a week's notice about the Dojo Grand Opening if we go by the last voicemail that was released from her cell phone.

I think Wint broke in and extorted money from Savvas by torturing Philip.

OT but related because so similar. Like a copycat case it seems.

I tried to find WS event and I dont think there is one so posting here.

The 911 recording sounds almost too calm and too much information quickly. It was like the person reporting was prepared with all the information. Then the height of the suspect was already changed by end of call.

My first inclination is the bank manager made up this incident but not sure at this point.
I would think it would be tough to pull off a fake holdup with his kids and family being there.
Unless he had a friend pose as the bank robber.

Also how did he know the handgun was a .380 He seemed very sure of the type of gun.
This sounds a little too fishy to me. Glad FBI is investigating. Will be interesting to hear followup on this.

The 911 recording is on this link.

http://www.richlandsource.com/news/...cle_41a50e58-8492-11e5-a27b-87528844dcac.html

Is it just me, or was that a very long 911 call? Hesitant to call it anything other than what the guy is saying at this point because of the Florida kidnapping case where the couple was accused of planning the young lady's kidnapping.

I don't think we have a media thread. The timing of the calls was one of the things that the driver lied about or misremembered when he spoke with investigators. I believe that he got a VM around 8 PM from SS and then replied by text ('Got your message, I'll call you once I get the package.') at around 8:30 PM the night before the murders.

Here's the first ref I found: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...n-CEO-s-assistant-delivered-ransom-money.html

I don't think we have a media thread. The timing of the calls was one of the things that the driver lied about or misremembered when he spoke with investigators. I believe that he got a VM around 8 PM from SS and then replied by text ('Got your message, I'll call you once I get the package.') at around 8:30 PM the night before the murders.

Here's the first ref I found: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...n-CEO-s-assistant-delivered-ransom-money.html

It was a text.

Regarding the $40,000, the driver had one day's notice (that we know of). Does we have a media thread for the Savopoulos' case? I need a refresher course. I cannot remember the time when the driver received the text regarding delivery of a package. Nelly G had a week's notice about the Dojo Grand Opening if we go by the last voicemail that was released from her cell phone.

I think Wint broke in and extorted money from Savvas by torturing Philip.

I asked a while back if this case could get it's own forum just for that reason...organizing our information....timeline, media thread etc before the trial. Hopefully soon mods!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1