DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for turning us onto the podcast ITD! Just linked to it. Going to start listening today!

Somebody else originally linked it here awhile ago, so I can't take credit for finding it.

I wish more cases had podcasts!

Somebody else originally linked it here awhile ago, so I can't take credit for finding it.

I wish more cases had podcasts!

Me too! If anyone is interested in the Dermond case, there is a 2-part podcast link there. It's on YouTube.

Makes me suspicious that greedy old man was involved...

I don't know if he was involved in the crime (I'm not quite ready for that), but he is definitely someone I didn't even consider before. I am now wondering about him and Savvas and their business, which I really didn't before.

jmo

I’m not so much suspicious of the grandfather as I am of the whole thing. Correct me if I’m wrong... the middle daughter was a minor at the time of the murders and the oldest was 18/19? Who was guardian of the minor? And isn’t she now 18?

The girls were away at school. I wonder if there were plans to send little Phillip to a boarding school as well. Or were there plans instead for him to remain home and work on taking on the company?

The restraining order is strange, in my opinion. It goes until the next trial. It’s as if someone wants someone exposed or to keep something hidden.

It’s as if little Phillip was the reasons for the murders. Wasn’t there audio at one time where he could be heard asking, “why are you doing this?”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: IDK
I’m not so much suspicious of the grandfather as I am of the whole thing. Correct me if I’m wrong... the middle daughter was a minor at the time of the murders and the oldest was 18/19? Who was guardian of the minor? And isn’t she now 18?

The girls were away at school. I wonder if there were plans to send little Phillip to a boarding school as well. Or were there plans instead for him to remain home and work on taking on the company?

The restraining order is strange, in my opinion. It goes until the next trial. It’s as if someone wants someone exposed or to keep something hidden.

It’s as if little Phillip was the reasons for the murders. Wasn’t there audio at one time where he could be heard asking, “why are you doing this?”

I don't think the boy was the object of the crime. I think it was cash.

jmopinion at the moment

Yes that evil one just wanted cash. I could not view the video about the grandfather. What did he do?

Yes that evil one just wanted cash. I could not view the video about the grandfather. What did he do?

Granddaughter filed a restraining order against the grandfather. Implication from the podcast is that the restraining order is for something sexual.

Granddaughter filed a restraining order against the grandfather. Implication from the podcast is that the restraining order is for something sexual.

Has anyone else been wondering if PS Sr (grandfather) has an as-yet-unreported history of deviant sexual behavior? I mean, there's not only the other granddaughter but also a daughter (PS Jr's sister - who reportedly spoke to PS Jr while Wint was in the home). OR, could this type of thing be related to some (recent) mental health issue? But, if this was the case then there be additional legal efforts to remove PS Sr as executor, right??

Am I making sense or do I need another espresso shot this morning?? :cup:

Am I the only one who is suspicious of the restraining order? Without knowing facts about the murders, both the grandfather and the daughter are victims. The restraining order may very well be legit, but I always look at both sides of the coin, so to speak...especially in a case like this.

'Really makes me wonder what type of evidence was put before the judge to decide a 1-year RO was appropriate. (And, for PS Sr not to fight this immediately)

The reporters are certainly doing their job... making us "question" any/all of this.

'Really makes me wonder what type of evidence was put before the judge to decide a 1-year RO was appropriate. (And, for PS Sr not to fight this immediately)

The reporters are certainly doing their job... making us "question" any/all of this.
About 10 years ago, while living in DC, I had to get an RO against an abusive partner who was living with me. After filling out the paperwork, my attorney and I met with a judge in chambers to explain why the order was needed. The RO was granted and a court date was set for 2 or 3 weeks from the date the emergency order was issued. The process server gave him the order and DCPD supervised his exit from the residence. He failed to appear at the court date and a 2 year RO was automatically granted.

So if he failed to appear at the hearing (uncontested) it is automatically granted.

About 10 years ago, while living in DC, I had to get an RO against an abusive partner who was living with me. After filling out the paperwork, my attorney and I met with a judge in chambers to explain why the order was needed. The RO was granted and a court date was set for 2 or 3 weeks from the date the emergency order was issued. The process server gave him the order and DCPD supervised his exit from the residence. He failed to appear at the court date and a 2 year RO was automatically granted.

So if he failed to appear at the hearing (uncontested) it is automatically granted.

Heck, I just learned there's a difference between a restraining order and a civil protection order (intra-family relationship)... and it appears that a standard CPO is one year.

This is dated 2010 but I think it's still accurate:

CPOs last for one year.

A judge will grant a CPO if the judge determines that the respondent committed an intrafamily offense (a crime) against you.

http://dcsafe.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/SAFEProSeGuide.pdf

Here the reporter refers to it as "CPO"

http://www.fox5dc.com/mansion-murders/301437955-video

Heck, I just learned there's a difference between a restraining order and a civil protection order (intra-family relationship)... and it appears that a standard CPO is one year.

This is dated 2010 but I think it's still accurate:

CPOs last for one year.

A judge will grant a CPO if the judge determines that the respondent committed an intrafamily offense (a crime) against you.

http://dcsafe.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/SAFEProSeGuide.pdf

Here the reporter refers to it as "CPO"

http://www.fox5dc.com/mansion-murders/301437955-video
Yeah it was a civil protection order that I was given -- like I said we were cohabitating and in a sexual relationship.

Yeah it was a civil protection order that I was given -- like I said we were cohabitating and in a sexual relationship.

Listening to Bernie Grimm's opinions in the podcast I got the impression that a year was not the norm. So, I was trying to clarify that part (one year is standard) and in doing so just discovered a difference between RO and CPO. I feel certain you are absolutely correct that PS Sr and his legal reps didn't appear for the court date and the CPO was granted automatically. Now, I'm wondering why allowing this to go uncontested was his best course of action (or, I suppose, inaction).

Am I the only one who is suspicious of the restraining order? Without knowing facts about the murders, both the grandfather and the daughter are victims. The restraining order may very well be legit, but I always look at both sides of the coin, so to speak...especially in a case like this.

Agree. I also believe this entire family are victims -- Grandfather and his Granddaughter included. Wouldn't be surprised if there are some mental health issues at play here too. I recall one publicly posting about concussions, seizures, and later a Go Fund Me page for a therapy dog (soon taken down). IMO, explains no contest by Grandfather. I'm still perplexed by only one arrest!

I'm currently watching a trial for murder that happened 7 years ago. Giving a shout out to the Savvas Savopoulos & Veralicia Figueroa families for justice. You're not forgotten...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tkm0284