DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Investigative journalist Nate Thayer says there's a connection between Wallace and Daron Wint, who's been charged in the murders. Police are searching for possible accomplices.

INSIDE EDITION's Les Trent asked Thayer during an interview, "What is the link between Jordan Wallace and Daron Dylon Wint?"

Thayer said, "Jordan Wallace and Daron Wint grew up in the exact same apartment complex over a number of years. These apartments were literally within feet of each other." <modsnip - snarky>

Last edited by a moderator:
@PrinceFan This is my first time hearing anything about JWs relationship with PS. I'd like to see more information about that when you find it. JW and the circumstantial evidence of his involvement with this crime has always made me uneasy. Both Fox5 and WTOP reported that during his interview with LE, he said that the house had been "set on fire" before the cause of the fire had been released to the public. Something does not feel right, IMO but it is just my opinion. It will be interesting to see how this all unfolds.
This is what JW testified in court about how he felt about Philip:

"During questioning by prosecutors, Wallace broke down in tears several times as he talked about his former boss, “Ms. Amy,” and Philip, whom he said he thought of as a brother.

“He was incredible, intelligent and ambitious. He was the hardest-working person I had ever met, let alone a kid,” Wallace said of Philip."

Savopoulos assistant tearfully details delivering cash authorities said was ransom

This is what JW testified in court about how he felt about Philip:

"During questioning by prosecutors, Wallace broke down in tears several times as he talked about his former boss, “Ms. Amy,” and Philip, whom he said he thought of as a brother.

“He was incredible, intelligent and ambitious. He was the hardest-working person I had ever met, let alone a kid,” Wallace said of Philip."

Savopoulos assistant tearfully details delivering cash authorities said was ransom
What was he supposed to say on the stand?" I hated the little a$$hole with a passion because he got everything handed to him?

Investigative journalist Nate Thayer says there's a connection between Wallace and Daron Wint, who's been charged in the murders. Police are searching for possible accomplices.

INSIDE EDITION's Les Trent asked Thayer during an interview, "What is the link between Jordan Wallace and Daron Dylon Wint?"

Thayer said, "Jordan Wallace and Daron Wint grew up in the exact same apartment complex over a number of years. These apartments were literally within feet of each other." <modsnip - snarky>

Anyone have the addresses of the two residences?

Last edited by a moderator:
What is he supposed to say on the stand? Um... he's supposed to say the truth.

I know you don't believe him. I'm just answering your question at face value.

jmo
Well yeah, the truth under oath would be nice, but let's not forget he lied to the police twice when this happened. People lie under oath every day and he is no exception.

I happen to agree with you. I was on these threads back then. Perhaps JW's attorney wasn't in court because he knew JW intended to lie on the witness stand? iirc JW didn't coach PS, it was someone else. All JW did was drive them around. JMO
If you listen to the podcast that covers the past week's trial action, the reporter addresses JW's testimony and the issue with his lawyer.

IIRC, the defense was saying that JW might want his lawyer, implying that JW had something to worry about in his testimony. JW himself said it wasn't necessary to have his lawyer there and his lawyer was not there. I think it was a defense tactic, not an indication of JW's guilt about anything. (I think the "worrisome" issue was the initial lies that JW told LE but, imo, he addressed those lies in a believable way.)

I respect that others are suspicious of JW. I do not share that suspicion.

justmyownopinion

Well yeah, the truth under oath would be nice, but let's not forget he lied to the police twice when this happened. People lie under oath every day and he is no exception.
You don't find his explanation of those initial lies believable?

Seems like suspicion of JW is based on:

* JW's father lived near Wint family members therefore JW not only knew the Wints but conspired a heinous crime with them - even though they seemingly have absolutely nothing in common.

* JW told initial lies to LE the same day as the fire happened, when JW was likely confused, in shock, and nervous. He came clean about his lies to LE and cooperated but that doesn't matter.

* Assumption that JW will lie under oath in a court of law

* Even though it was JW's dream to be involved with the high-priced racing world, he resented the person involved with the high-priced racing world who gave him a job.

* JW liked his job and showed off with photos about cars and money while at the same time intending to rob and destroy his employer and thus ending his job.

Anything else?

Link please.
The links are not working so I'm having to copy from previous Websleuths discussion of this:

Per same article states that PS's coach was Jay Howard, the professional Indy Car race driver and head of Motorsports Driver Development which trains young aspiring race drivers. Once Savvas saw that Philip was committed to racing, he made contact through FIA with Praga Karting, where he bought Philip a Go Kart. They told him if you need the best coach, you need to talk to Jay Howard. I met them in January, and Savvas hired me to coach Philip&#8221;

Per same article it states:

But it was their son, 10 year-old Philip, who was the racing fanatic. And it was Philip&#8217;s interest in racing that resulted in Jordan Wallace meeting the Savopoulos family. &#8220;Savvas spoke of Jordan Wallace. He said Wallace was someone he had met earlier with Philip at the Kart track, but they had kind of moved on from him, said Paul Howard, of Ogden Racing Engines, a Florida based Formula One company. &#8220;Philip wanted to be involved in Formula One racing, and all Formula One racers start out on the Kart circuit.&#8221;

This is the original article but it's not working: http://www.nate-thayer.com/race-car-driver-linked-to-suspect-in-washington-savopoulos-murder-whodunit/

The links are not working so I'm having to copy from previous Websleuths discussion of this:

Per same article states that PS's coach was Jay Howard, the professional Indy Car race driver and head of Motorsports Driver Development which trains young aspiring race drivers. Once Savvas saw that Philip was committed to racing, he made contact through FIA with Praga Karting, where he bought Philip a Go Kart. They told him if you need the best coach, you need to talk to Jay Howard. I met them in January, and Savvas hired me to coach Philip&#8221;

Per same article it states:

But it was their son, 10 year-old Philip, who was the racing fanatic. And it was Philip&#8217;s interest in racing that resulted in Jordan Wallace meeting the Savopoulos family. &#8220;Savvas spoke of Jordan Wallace. He said Wallace was someone he had met earlier with Philip at the Kart track, but they had kind of moved on from him, said Paul Howard, of Ogden Racing Engines, a Florida based Formula One company. &#8220;Philip wanted to be involved in Formula One racing, and all Formula One racers start out on the Kart circuit.&#8221;

This is the original article but it's not working: http://www.nate-thayer.com/race-car-driver-linked-to-suspect-in-washington-savopoulos-murder-whodunit/

The way I see the situation, JW and SS met through the track. SS liked JW and gave him a job - perhaps just with the idea of coaching Philip at first. Whether SS then hired another coach for Philip doesn't change the fact that SS kept JW in his employ. Not only did SS keep JW, he kept him as a very trusted assistant and allowed JW to become involved with the family. That was the situation on the day the family died - JW was still a trusted employee. SS might have hired a new coach, but he didn't move on from JW as a person or employee.

That relationship sounds solid to me and it sounds like something that had potential to last and to grow. (And how do we even know JW would be upset about another coach for Philip?)

jmo

The way I see the situation, JW and SS met through the track. SS liked JW and gave him a job - perhaps just with the idea of coaching Philip at first. Whether SS then hired another coach for Philip doesn't change the fact that SS kept JW in his employ. Not only did SS keep JW, he kept him as a very trusted assistant and allowed JW to become involved with the family. That was the situation on the day the family died - JW was still a trusted employee. SS might have hired a new coach, but he didn't move on from JW as a person or employee.

That relationship sounds solid to me and it sounds like something that had potential to last and to grow. (And how do we even know JW would be upset about another coach for Philip?)

jmo

Well 3 years have passed and a lot of information is gone that disputed JW being this awesome guy that loved the S Family with all his heart. SS probably felt sorry for him and kept him in his employ, as he was fired earlier and reached out to SS for a job. But you are certainly free to think he's totally innocent and I feel he is very much involved. I live in DC and we aren't known for having the brightest, most thorough and swiftest police department

Well 3 years have passed and a lot of information is gone that disputed JW being this awesome guy that loved the S Family with all his heart. SS probably felt sorry for him and kept him in his employ, as he was fired earlier and reached out to SS for a job. But you are certainly free to think he's totally innocent and I feel he is very much involved. I live in DC and we aren't known for having the brightest, most thorough and swiftest police department

What was the info and where did it go?
I am assuming you were privy to the information to make that statement.
Because nothing really disappears if it was created with a keystroke. It can be retrieved.

JMO

I don't know if he's an "awesome guy" as you posted, but JW seems like a decent enough person. So what is it about him that convinces you that he plotted to murder and steal from his employer (and in the process lose his job and risk serious jail time)? What am I missing?

jmo

jmo
This is just my guess that a paid personal coach is a much more financially lucrative position than a driver/gofer. JMO

This is just my guess that a paid personal coach is a much more financially lucrative position than a driver/gofer. JMO
I don't make that same assumption. I have no idea and honestly, I feel silly guessing.

JW's job was working directly with SS at his business and that seems stable and with potential.

But others sure do think JW was resentful about having the job. I don't see it....I must be missing something. And....I'm letting it go.

Come tomorrow, there will be something new from the courtroom to discuss. I hope it's something other than speculating whether paid employment as a driver and assistant for a seemingly nice boss is so horrible that you'd conspire to rob and kill the person who gave you the job.

jmo

Okay, one more question for the JW doubters.

If JW was in on it, why would he leave the entire amount of cash at the house? We know it's the entire amount because we know how much was taken from the bank. He picked up $40k and he dropped off $40k. Wouldn't he take his share from the bundle if he was in on the crime? Why would he leave the entire amount at the house?

jmo

Lots of reporting on JW at start of case (early threads) showed he was amature race car driver working toward dream of landing big-$ sponsorship. Taking his racing to the next level required high entry fees into bigger races, so sponsorship was key. Now he is driving around for wealthy SS who collects dream cars and teaching SS’s son to race go-karts. IMO this was about best possible position he could be in, he likely saw it that way too.

Ok I’ll throw this scenario out for you. JW is still thinking about racing and a big sponsorship. He approaches SS and asks him for money for a sponsorship. SS turns him down. JW keeps his composure to SS but underneath is fuming since he knows SS is loaded and could spare some, especially for a loyal employee. JW devises a plan just for the $40,000 and uses Wint and/or his brothers for muscle. JW doesn’t plan for violence but either he gets peeved that things are taking longer and maybe Phillip is causing problems so he okays violence or more likely, the Wint family goes rogue, commits violence and JW never meant for it to get this far and anyone to lose their life and is truthfully upset. All JMO, MOO

Ok I’ll throw this scenario out for you. JW is still thinking about racing and a big sponsorship. He approaches SS and asks him for money for a sponsorship. SS turns him down. JW keeps his composure to SS but underneath is fuming since he knows SS is loaded and could spare some, especially for a loyal employee. JW devises a plan just for the $40,000 and uses Wint and/or his brothers for muscle. JW doesn’t plan for violence but either he gets peeved that things are taking longer and maybe Phillip is causing problems so he okays violence or more likely, the Wint family goes rogue, commits violence and JW never meant for it to get this far and anyone to lose their life and is truthfully upset. All JMO, MOO
In that scenario, how much was JW going to get as his share? Worth enough to risk absolutely everything? He was that angry about being turned down that he would risk so much and trust to conspire with people like the DW....all for a scenario of sponsorship that has absolutely no basis in fact? That's why people suspect JW?

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member